Why the next 007 shouldn't be female

There has recently been claims that after bond 25 in 2020 Daniel Craig will retire and black female actress Lachana lynch will become the next James bond. I know that because of my pro feminsit beliefs you thought I would support that but as a huge James bond fan I disagree with this. For many reasons

Why the next 007 shouldn't be female

1• it's not about her race

I don't have a problem with the fact that she's black,this isn't the issue. There has been many black bond girls before and i am totally fine with it. Moneypenny is a black woman and she played the role very well.

2• his name is "Bond,James Bond"

"James" is a Male name,you can't change that. A woman called James would absolutely make no sense. And if they change 007's name that wouldn't be the James bond that we know

Why the next 007 shouldn't be female

3• James bond has always been a man

There has been 25 James bond movies and James bond has always been a man. He is stuck in our mind as a Male. Changing that after there has been 25 films since the 60s is stupid.

Why the next 007 shouldn't be female

4• former black bond girl "Trina parks" disagrees

Former black bond girl trina parks who played as a bond girl in diamonds are forever said that she disagrees with lashana lynch becoming the next 007. She said there could be a black bond but a Male one.

5• they could have made another movie

She could have played as another 00 like 008 for example and make a separate movie for her.that would have been fine but i am sorry James bond is a man. A female James bond is like a Male black widow or wonder woman

Why the next 007 shouldn't be female
9
23

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Girls

• NightFlirt

You are right that a female just doesn't fit the Bond model. It would be like making Wonder Woman a male.
    Personally I think the next Bond movie needs to start off with the past Bond getting killed and then having M call in 006 and promote him to 007 and change his identity to Bond, James Bond. This would allow for more believably in the constant actor change of Bond throughout the decades.

Is this still revelant?
    • Nadim171

The movies aren't connected. Bond gets a new girl in every movie yet we don't know what happened to the one in the older movie lol

• That's not how the "double-O" system works, there is no 006.

There are three double-O agents. 007, 008, and 0011.

That's right, double-oh-eleven.

It's all in the books, which are much, much better than the stupid movies, especially the ones from the 60's and 70's which are like bad comedies more than spy thrillers.

• Read the books, Nadim.

In the books, you always find out what happens to the girl.

• Kavya190

I agree! James Bond is a man

Is this still revelant?

723
  • MajesticTwelve

He should be a he, and he should be white.
    Sorry, but the reality is, white characters should stay white. Current year politics be damned.
    You want to watch white panther? Think people would scream bloody murder then? (that movie SUCKED by the way)
    The whole world is garbage these days and liberals and SJWs are all to blame.

• Nadim171

I agree but in James bond's case not much, since we already changed his hair color and age a lot.

• NightFlirt

That's because 007 is a rank which has been assigned to different agents due to them getting too old or dying in the field.

• HereIbe

Dear idiot, prove that the RANK/DESIGNATION "007" means "male" and "white".

• mermaidrocketship

Every time they remake a male character as a female, it backfires. I don’t want to be pandered to. I just want a good movie. If they wanted to change up race, there are so many black actors. Chadwick boseman, anyone? Maybe an Asian guy. Or Latino. But a woman? For what reason?

• HereIbe

Yeah, that's why Jody Whittaker's Doctor is doing so well.

• Curmudgeon

@HereIbe except that she isn't. Try to think these things through and not just be your asshole self. Characters have "back story", and when you cast characters, you have to respect that back story to make it work.

• HereIbe

Silly butthurt little fanboy, "007" is a designation, NOT A NAME, you silly butthurt little fanboy. I get it, you have no life of your own, so you have been living vicariously through a fake, watered down, sissified James Bond. Come back when you're living like the Bond in the books.

• Nadim171

To be a fan of something doesn't mean you should be it. Batman fans don't hang out in batman clothes. Go fuck yourself.

• HereIbe

I get it, you're all butthurt because you have no self esteem and are a very weak, sad, little boy. Your butthurt is funny.

• Nadim171

Go fuck yourself.

• Britantic

It seems a bit weak. Why couldn't they make movies about a female secret agent rather than appropriating the idenity of James bond.

• HereIbe

They aren't, you moron. "007" is just a designation for a field operative, NOT A NAME. NOT AN IDENTITY. You're stupid.

• NightFlirt

@HereIbe Yes 007 is a designation but to date there has never been any explanation for the varying ages and physical differences between all the actors that have played 007. Now if you "KILL" James Bond, actually show him being dead and then promote a woman to 007 you might be able to get people on board with the idea of a female 007. It would still however change EVERYTHING about the character.. There has to be logical explanations for any changes you make or the movie will bomb in the box office.

• Nadim171

It's their money anyways. They'll loose tons of money if they do that because that's not what their fans want

• Kurαȷ

I don't mind a female 007.
    What I do mind is a female 007 who is a 4/10 on the appearance scale.
    I'm sorry to the actress, but she is quite unattractive, which makes her entirely unfit to portray a character which is essentially all about sex appeal.

• leahzrc

I didn't read the whole thing but I think that characters should stay true to who they were brainstormed to become. I am a feminist and I support the black girl as the little mermaid, but I think that if genders are swapped, it isn't the person that the character was meant to be. Imagine if they made the little mermaid a man... I am all for different races playing different roles (unless it is taking place at a certain period in time that historically innacurate), but I think the gender or sex or whatever of the character changes a lot about the background and experience of the character. I think the ghost buster film with the ladies wasn't the worst idea, because the characters were literally different people, but 007 is 007... If they really want a black woman to play a badass spy kind of character, they could have easily added her to the story or wrote a different movie script for the actress. Just my thoughts on it

• MoneyBeets

A feminist who is retarded and ugly. Imagine my shock

• leahzrc

Are you talking about me?

• Nadim171

She is not retarded and not ugly. Remeber when you said finding an attractive feminsit is impossible? I just found one

• devilish-cutie

I dont mind female bond, i just hope who ever it is that delivers.
    I was unhappy when they choose Daniel Craig since i dont find him attractive at all but he wasn't bad.
    I also couldnt imagine heath ledger as joker but damn.

• I do agree tho that female like 006 agent would probably be better idea, like we can have that and 007
      they could also interact together

• Nadim171

Yeah exactly but I mean I don't like it when they change a Male character to a female one or the opposite. Or a black one to a white one or the opposite I just like the characters how they originally are

• Nadim171

But that's defenatley not because I'm sexist or anything like that. I love badass women in movies, whether they're black or white it's just that they can make their own characters

• DollySummers

I agree. Could be any race, and I wouldn’t care. But has to be a man. A bold, and sexy man.

• With a suave suit, and the attitude, and personality of a perfect gentleman. Along with a ladies man.

• HereIbe

Viola Davis?

• No. But I think she is the African American version of Emma Watson. Never heard of her till now. I googled her. I actually think Jesse Williams should be the African American 007. He is like mixing a alaskan husky, and a shiba inu together.

• Reaperbot666

A while back Idris Elba tried to see about playing bond. And my thoughts about him doing it was. If they won’t let him be James Bond 007. Why not one of the other 00 agents as a spin off movie to the franchise.

Same with this lady. Should could play one of the other agents. I mean there are 9 00 agents. And only other one to ever be in a movie was Sean bean as 006 in golden eye.

• Snakeyes7

What is wrong with Daniel Craig? I think he makes a fine James Bond. Since changing the race and gender of an already established character does nothing to the story, they have no other reason to change him besides the possibility that they had a problem with him being white and male. I would be fine if the change makes sense in the context of the story or if Bond’s new girlfriend was black, but I see no reason to change him besides tokenism plain and simple.

• Nadim171

It's probably because Craig began to get old or he's going to retire

• Snakeyes7

If that’s the case then that sucks. DC played Bond really well.

• Gedaria

It just wouldn't be James Bond. The whole concept is male driven. Like Super Woman I enjoyed it but sadly it fell on it's face for the same reason. We compare but it's like comparing , cats and dogs. Both likeable but nothing like each other...

• hansukota

James Bond was a guy! He always was! Why make a girl 007? It will just ruin the entire franchise!!! If needed, the could make another series of movies concentrating on girls, for eg Charlie's angels..

• Chuck21

It's all bull shit. Black superman , black spiderman,007 woman. I think it's hollywood gonna Lazy and has lost it's creativity. Being original is stating to be a thing of the past. Just copy and paste with a twist.

• I agree, keep to the character origins or make a new one.
    That's my opinion on all this "diversity" forcing.

• 0oGreyo0

Yeah I dont really care about 007 at all. But it seems like it should be a white British dude. They could have just made this lady a spy in that movie and spun it off not even called 007.
    I see this going like female ghost buster.

• Kenwoodman

I hope it fails massively and loses lots of money. I am pround antifeminist and James bond is a macho good looking white guy not an extremely bad looking black woman.

• ZeussLightningBolt

"The name's Bond bitch! Jane Bond! You rememba dat next time I bust a cap in yo ass, homie!

• Okami_Kitsune

So maybe its dumb but James bond was kind of one of my child hood heroes. I played the shit out of golden eye and the worlds not enough when I was a kid and I watched a lot of the movies. Personally Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan were my favorites. I think James bond should be a white Male. I'm not racist, and I certainly think there should be plenty of badass heroes from other races. But create new characters, dont change existing ones to appear more politically correct. To me it just feels like they're kinda shitting on the legacy of James Bond so they can be politically correct in 2019.

• Curmudgeon

What is truly sad is that recent Bond stories have made Ms. Moneypenny Afro-British, or would that be Caribbean British, and have made the Miss Moneypenny character a field agent in her own right, and not just a desk worker at MI-6, as she was in the original Ian Fleming novels. If I were the actress Naomie Harris, who plays this new Ms. Moneypenny, I would be annoyed, as her character is now being shoved aside.

My biggest problem with trying to remake Bond like this, besides the obvious fact that Bond is a hetero male to the core, is that the Bond character came out of the British upper classes, and remaking Bond as a nonwhite (and not upper crust) just does not work there.

Could there be a secret agent from the UK lower classes, and an immigrant or ethnic female? Sure. But that means a whole new character.

• andreasderjuengere

Nothing lasts for ever. Bond was nice for a while. Now, Bond appears to be retired - or dead.

• ronaldo75

To the crowd saying "But things can change" - Let's make Wonder Woman a man and Black Panther a blonde white dude... see how you react then.

• stormbreaker06

hey women lover. are you really 14. People on gag are saying you aren't.

• MoneyBeets

Tbh Bond as a n**, man or woman, would be unwatchable.

• "The name's Bond bitch! Jane Bond! You rememba dat next time I bust a cap in yo punk ass, you little cracks ass nigga!"

• Yes, we like male James Bond.

• Nadim171

I think they can make a selerate movie called another 00 something and make a female agent

• HereIbe

Stupid person, you moron, there is NOT ANY INTENT to make a "female James Bond". "007" does NOT HAVE TO BE JAMES BOND. Heck, Bond could be promoted to "M".

• Nadim171

But 007 IS a MOVIE. HE'S A FUCKING FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!! We can make black panther a white woman, right? NO because he's a character. Come on

• PLAIN_SPOKEN

Don't call it 007 then

• lpoots

cause 007is a man

• Anonymous

Why is the black woman called Lynch? Isn't that racist 😮

• Anonymous

Is what a sexist would say

• Anonymous

oh you have pro-feminist beliefs? then fuck you asshole. i know why you hate men so much. some big hairy egyptian guy touched you when you were a kid which was 2 years ago and made you feel like a girl

• Anonymous

that would pretty much guarantee the failure of the next James Bond film like it has for every classic movie that has been remade as a feminist joke. i have to agree with everyone else who is saying you are a girl that's very obvious now why do you hate men so much and why do you pretend to be one if you hate them anyway?

• Nadim171

"All the people are": You, and you without anonymous, and then you again.

• Anonymous

um no but i'm sure you would like to think so