Girls in MTG Art

Girls in MTG Art

This take is based on the pictures artists use in magic the gathering cards. This is based simply on the art, not the game or the names of the cards. Just on the art. I have seen many cards it amazed me as to how much detail was put into them. One time I just saw an image recently like the one above and decided I would put together a show of different art from mtg cards

Girls in MTG Art

Its very fun to look at and it kind of reminds me of movie posters.

Girls in MTG Art

This picture to me says the lengths to which fans have gone and it is kind of poetic that she is wearing the cards that display other girls. The outfit is also themed after the flavor of the cards as well.

Girls in MTG Art

This first card is fun because it reminds me of a girl you would find working that is yearning for a sense of adventure but can't escape until you give her a reason to or an adventurer that has settled down. These cards are fun because they kind of make you wonder each characters back story.

Girls in MTG Art

This card is similar yet has a different tone. It feels like she is trying to get over something strongly emotional that she has been holding onto for years. She is strong and uses her work/job to distract her. I guess I am just going to say what I see :)

Girls in MTG Art

This is fun because it looks like a girl that is not pinned down and does not listen to anyone but herself. She makes her own rules. She travels and kills at her choice. Kind of like a more real version of puss n boots :)

Girls in MTG Art

This card is fun because it looks like she is in deep thought and she is comfortable. She is almost like a dreamer yet visionary. She knows how to get lost in a problem to be able to solve it.

Girls in MTG Art

This one to me looks like a girl that got lost and forgotten. She has even forgotten herself. She has somehow managed to become at one with the forest yet longs to feel whole again.

Girls in MTG Art

This girl appears to be a dreamer whose gaze is lost in the night sky.

Girls in MTG Art

This card is strange to me but that's why I like it. It looks like a girl in a grey sweater with underwear and pantyhose one but at another glance it is clearly a more professional type top with a swimsuit type bottom and a black band on her leg. Its kind of intimate yet mysterious.. what is she doing...

Girls in MTG Art

This one is pretty interesting. Its a nice close up shot. The detail almost makes you uncomfortable but I think with blood coming out of her eyes..it's supposed to

Girls in MTG Art

This reminds me of a bad a** queen of the night that is coming to find her target/prey

Girls in MTG Art

This is clearly just whimsical and fun. Like the beginning or end of a scifi adventure movie.

Girls in MTG Art

This to me is a scary girl of the forest. Considering her friends, id hate to be on her badside

Girls in MTG Art

I just love the uniqueness of her outfit in this one and the struggle of power. It is kind of an interesting card.

Girls in MTG Art

This just looks like a fun character on an adventure with her pet monkey.

Girls in MTG Art

This is fun because it looks like she is staring you down and waiting for you to respond. Kind of like a medieval therapist.

Girls in MTG Art

This girl looks like she is wanting you to join her as she stares you in the eyes its hard to resist her charm.

Girls in MTG Art

This just looks like a bada** knight that lets nothing stand in her way.

Girls in MTG Art

This last one looks like she is a bringer of destruction. Kind of like a mutant character from marvel. Either that or she is a survivor.

In this I mostly said what I thought was going on in each and less about the art itself. But each card is richly done with attention to detail that I believe past my imagination speaks for itself.

Let me know if you have any favorites or if you like any of the ones shown on here.

Girls in MTG Art
3
3

Most Helpful Girls

• kymberz
    i look like nahiri when i was blonde and had a bob but now i am older and a brunette true with waist-one-length hair and i bring destruction (i was called the kiss of death at my last job and for a reason - man did i get a lot of people fired cuz they deserved it - also got a lot of people promoted for the same reason) - but ya some of the smartest men i have ever met have called me harbinger and i know the ancient meaning of the name because i know welsh gaelic and that would be p and not q... oh please someone know what i am saying.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Ianto

'Rwyn gwybod beth yr ydych chi'n dweud. Ond dydy Cymraeg ddim yn Gaeleg.

• kymberz

@Ianto oh sweet Jesus! see? pixie dust man. that stuff works wonders! and where did you come from? i'm in the middle of a ceilidh!

• kymberz

thank you for the MHO (i keep forgetting to do this!)!

• WhiteShoulder
    This is a really good Take.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• ChiPaPa
    Good choice of pictures
    Is this still revelant?
  • Very badass!!!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

11
  • Tentia
    Wow, never thought I would see my favorite TCG on G@G! Thanks for the nostalgia!

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an oath-breaker deck to build!!!
  • SecretGardenBlood65
    Good take