If a movie was made about your life, which actors would play you and which actors would play the people who are closest to you?

Anonymous

Imagine an unrestricted timeline (old and new actors)

Me: Michelle Williams could play both my serious and quirky sides

My daughter: Alison Porter, from Curly Sue. She looks exactly like my daughter.

Sister: Aubrey Plaza as her character from Parks and Rec, except add some additional intellect

Brother: Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute from The Office but less nerdy looking.

Mom: Allison Janney and her character in Juno. This was the hardest one to choose but she was a very "tell it like it is" type of person like this character.

Dad: Tim Allen from Last Man Standing plus a bit of Liam Neeson from Taken

Best friend: Kristen Wigg's character from Bridesmaids

Grandma: Jessica Walter as Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development but not rich.

Who would play you and the people closest to you?

32
11

Most Helpful Girls

• AmandaYVR
    Damn, gurl, this is haaard.

I could imagine Kate Winslet playing me. I've liked every performance she's done post-Titanic (which I wasn't that into, it was more of a visual stunner but dialogue mostly too cliche for me - I'm not a James Cameron fan.) I like her beautiful mix of strength and compassion. I am neutral on her looks but I think she is a great specimen of a woman, a great representation of the best of a woman (I just watched her in Contagion for the second time. Very nice job.)

I want to be friends with Robin Wright-Penn. (Same comment as above. In fact, the two roles could easily be swapped.) Leslie Mann - she's so incredibly funny and goofy, and gorgeous and she would be good for my playful side. Then Marion Cottilard and I have absolutely nothing in common except for perhaps being thinkers, but I always liked people who were quite different than me, so her French accent and dark hair would sort of be the perfect physical antithesis of me (I learned French in school like a good Canadian girl but I am not really fluent), and I absolutely love her elegance.

I would want Meryl Streep to play my mother. Again, nothing whatsoever in common, but Meryl's the gutsy, confident, sharp as a tack version, and she could dig into my mother and really understand her (or I could explain it all to her), and would add all the layers of depth necessary.

I love Steve Carell. He should be my daddy. (I would date him irl though.) I love his mix of humour and intense, yet unforced sadness. He really 'gets' life. Again, no connection physically, except that he knows humour, and so does my dad. He has lightness mixed in with his depth. Looks-wise, my dad is a bit of a combination of Robert Redford (blonde, weathered, unvenly tanned outdoorsman) and maybe a little Sean Penn (smoking scruff monster), with the same passion for nature as Bear Grylls (minus the hardcore life-threatening stuff.)

My sister could be Martha Plimpton (mixed with Scarlett Johanssen - she loves her.)

And let's add in a husband! Ryan Gosling or Jake Gyllenhaal. Yum yum. (No connection but a girl can fantasize.) I had a dream a few weeks ago that Adam Driver as an uncostumed Kylo Ren of Star Wars and I were on the run from someone trying to kill us. He is a very capable protector, fyi. 😉

That was fun. I'll stop now. I could spend much more time on this but I shouldn't.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Marion Cottilard is sooooo stunning and such a good actress, minus the one death scene that we don't need to talk about. ❤❤

Great list!! I asked my sister to confirm most of mine, so otherwise it would have taken much longer.

• Alice2398
    Boyfriend: James Norton. Dad : Pierce Brosnan. Mum:Lucy Davis. Big Sister : Mel and her boyfriend Ben :Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jamie Dornan Older sister: Katie: Anya Taylor-Joy. Sister in law Mel :Juno Temple and her fiancé Taylor : Dominic Cooper
    Mother and father in law: Helen Mirren and Ray Winstone
    self: Evanna Lynch
    Is this still revelant?
    • Alice2398

Had to think of all British actors 😂

• Anonymous

Jamie Dornan-- hubba hubba
      Awesome! It didn't even cross my mind to choose American actors but I think for the most part, I did. I just wanted someone who could fit the characters right!

• Alice2398

Lol my brother in law does attract a lot of female attention but i prefer James Norton any other day

Most Helpful Guys

• lightbulb27
    GREAT QUESTION, very cute pics!

woah... tell us more about this best friend;) lol

Um...
    Me: Roberto Benini. He's a little more whimsical than me, but fun.
    Mom: Merill Streep. Heck, Merill Streep could probably play my cats as well?
    Brother: Matt Damon
    Sister: Cathy Najimy
    Cats: um... I just don't know the cat actors out there these days...
    BFFF: Julia Roberts
    BMF: ?
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I like it! I had to look up Cathy Najimy... couldn't recall who she was! Whoooa Meryl Streep is your mom?
      Lol My best friend is married but she's awesome!

• there's better picks for mom but couldn't think of them so fast. It's just that Meryl could play anyone, including a sweet Italian lady...:)
      Aw, darn. Well you sound like a winner as well for a nice tall fella.

• A younger Mark Dacascos as meCary Hiroyuki tagawa as my dadItati Cantoral as my mom Tyson Beckford as my nephewAnya Taylor Joy as my love interest
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

930
  • Sonorous
    This is a fun question!

My mother: Queen Latifah
    I've seen her play a motherly role somewhere but I forgot where.
    ^ She needs to have a fun and eccentric personality, but know when to be quiet and to stand up for those around her/speak her mind. Oh, and she needs to be crazy for Jesus!

My (middle/biological) Sister: Nathalie Emmanuel
    She just needs an American accent, an "everyone is annoying me" type of attitude, and 2yr old son and that's my sis 😂
    My (oldest/half) Sister: Young Gabrielle Union
    And she needs an "I'm better than you" type of attitude & a 3yr old daughter
    Me: Donald Glover
    He always pops up on those celebrity twin sites
    Imagine a quieter version of him that doesn't like people very much so he avoids them. Give him anxiety, hyperacusis, and no motivation in life. 😂 That's me.
  • ChiTown33
    Interesting that you'd pick a serious actor ( well i guess MW had comedic roles in her younger years). While the rest of your family all comedic actors.
    For me i'm going to have to think about this a bit.
    • Anonymous

LOL I guess you're right... I didn't realize that... I almost did a comedian for myself too. My brother says I'm exactly like Zooey Deschanel's character Jess from New Girl (not lookswise). But my sister said I'm more extreme like Jennifer Coolidge's (Stifler's mom actress) character in Austenland, which I haven't seen. Sooooo maybe I'm on the wrong track. I was thinking both serious and quirky...

• AndrewMG
    I've been waiting for a question that will help me through self isolation and this is the one! Give me a few hours/days and I'll see what I can come up with. Disclaimer... it may not be pretty lol
    • Anonymous

It took me a while to form this question and come up with my answers. Looking forward to it!

• AndrewMG

@SydneySentinel So I had a mate who after seeing a Spider-Man movie thought Toby Maguire could pull off my mixture of semi-confidence/awkwardness and also look slightly younger than he actually was. Now I've not had many enemies in my life, I'm annoyingly laid back, so the first nemesis of mine I can think of was a fire steward at a bar I worked at who had a problem with me propping a door open (now he was clearly in the right here so I feel guilty) but he had a moustache and figure that clearly looked like Nick Offerman from Parks and Recreations, so he's going to play the part of my sworn enemy! Should I continue? lol

• ShadowofRegret
    Hmm, interesting question! But also really hard since I don't really know many actors...😅 (or many people for that matter...) maybe I would say...Me - Jang Hyuk
    He doesn't look 'exactly' like me, but we have some similar traits.

I am not going to say about my father since I doubt he would like that too much...
  • ManOnFire
    I think Will Smith could probably play me pretty well. Not sure who could play my brother or my mother though, they would probably have to be 'unknown' actors.

If your sister looks anything like that then she is hot lol - but so is Michelle Williams now, especially in All the Money In the World. Sexy as fuck in that movie.
  • TheRealQuestion2
    Me: Steve Carell

Dad: Sam Elliott

Mom: Diane Keaton

Big Sis: Sandra Bullock

little Sis: Scarlett Johansson

little Bro: Chris Hemsworth

little Bro 2: Jeremy Renner
    • Anonymous

All star cast! Steve Carell is a funny man!

• Yeah, most of his characters seem to be the funny gullible idiot types.

• DeeDeeDeVour
    "Candidates" always chosen by our friends throughout the years:
    Figure & Face resemblance to me = Yasmine Bleeth of the '90s (Baywatch era) *
    Figure & Face resemblance to my husband = Henry Cavill with dark blond hair
  • HerLucidNightt
    bro lmao you guys have way too much time on your hands.
    • Anonymous

Bro, I made this over a period of time. Took a while because I don't write everything in one day...

• exactly, maybe that's why almost everyone in the comments is struggling lol

• Anonymous

That's understandable!! :)

• Stingray444
    Haha, this is a good question that has me thinking! I would say Jace Norman. I really like how he acts, and it's similar to me in a way. I look up to him as an actor
    • I mean, we're not Too similar.. but randomly thinking, that's the best I've got 😂

• LilElph
    Good question

I'll just do family.

Tanyell Waivers as me
    Thandie Newton as my mom
    Eddie Murphy as my dad
    Raven Symone as my older sister
    Elizabeth Youman as my younger sister
    Couldn't find a good fit for my brother
  • Plitty-Tank
    I would likely play as Kirk Cameron and Jack Black would likely play as me. He's short like me. He is only 5'6" but weighs over 200. He is 2 inches taller tho.
    • Anonymous

Jack Black is hilarious! I've enjoyed his music and movies for a while.

• Agape93
    Oh god where to begin lol I’ll think on it and respond in the morning, love lol
    • Anonymous

Sounds good!

• Agape93

A mix of Saulius Puzikas and Christian Lorenz for Piotr
      Christian berkel for Volker
      A mix of Rhianna DeVries, Sophie turner and Natalie Portman for Becca
      A mix of John Cleese and Stephen fry for Roland

Too many to list lol

• Jamie05rhs
    Joaquin Phoenix would play me.
    My best friend would be played by Jason Lee.
    My little brother would be played by Jake Thomas (aka Matt McGuire).
    My dad would be played by Clint Eastwood.
    • AmandaYVR

I'd watch that based on Joaquin being in there - ooh la la. He's a handful, but so talented.

• Jamie05rhs

@AmandaYVR Thanks! I picked him because everyone says I look like him.

• Robertcw
    Hmm. The actors I'd try to get to play me would be Aston Kutcher, Noah Centineo or Brad Pitt. They're most similar to how I look, and to my personality.

As for the people closest to me? That's interesting. I don't really have anyone like that. The movie would have to be a montage told from the perspective of a single person with a world shifting around him.

Would probably be an artistic movie, actually. Lots of external changing.
    • Robertcw

Okay not brad pitt. He looks more like how my dad looks than me.

• Anonymous

Awesome!! That sounds like a great style of filming. Are you a movie buff? Or movie production buff?

• Robertcw

Yeah I would say I'm a movie buff. Go to theaters is one of my favorite hobbies. My dad loves film also and we used to watch really every good movie ever made.

• Sevenpointfive
    i refuse to be captured on film unless i'm directing
  • loveslongnails
    I love you Syd, but this requires a lot of thought !! Hmmm...
    A young Alan Alda would have to play me... have to. I still get told I sound like him.
    I have no idea about anyone else. LOL
  • Dolemite510
    Christian bale would play me everyone says I look like him 😂
    • Creepazoid

You look more like Charlie day

• Anonymous

I can kind of see you looking like his funny counterpart. I think we are just used to seeing Christian Bale in more serious looking roles.

• LexyIsSexy23
    Larry the Cable Guy is one associate
    Me I don't know
  • HOAAH
    Lana condor would play me, her boyfriend Anthony delatorre would play my husband.
  • JackSmy
    Nobody would want to make that movie!! I haven't done anything, or worth a self-published book, let alone a 'straight to online' movie of my life.
    I'm just that average kind of guy that is too smart, and knows too many things, and makes people uncomfortable, without intending that, just because I remember cool, odd facts, and some are impressed, and think I am brilliant!! Love the compliment, but I'm not anything anyone would want to ever bother writing a book about!
    But I'm fine with that, and I am, who I am, and content.
  • LEADFOOTboi
    Clint eastwood would play me... sahra palin would play my mom... john wayne would play my grandpa... bruce willis would play my brother
  • Liam_Hayden
    No live actors or actresses. Mine would have to be animated. Maybe even claymation/stop motion.
  • Pink2000
    Amanda Stenberg would play me
    Amanda Stenberg would play me
    Polo G would play my boyfriend.
    Polo G would play my boyfriend.
    Bernie Mac would play my dad
    Bernie Mac would play my dad
    Lela Rochon would play my mom
    Lela Rochon would play my mom
  • Massageman
    Me: Rodney Dangerfield - I don't get no respect. [sic -double negative]
  • Iron_Man
    That's a real tough one maybe Matt damion he's kind of short though
  • BronzedAdonis
    @EmbraceThePain would be my gay lover, @ChefPapiChulo would be my gimp
  • theChineseWASP
    I don't know but it would have to be a bunch of Chinese people.
  • SpiderManFan2002
    I would cast Tom Holland to play me😂😂😂😂
    • Anonymous

We already saw that he can pull off wearing a dress!

• Meh I don't wear dresses😂😂😂

• Meropatrick
    Selma hayek. Playing me
    • Anonymous

Okay, whatever you like!

• Angel_33
    Not care, for me mean. Not other people for me important. Just when some think me know, not true. Mine real me know only mine family and others maybe know some small from me. Im rather time myself alone, not any reasson play or make what some say. Must make this becouse this is good for. Im have own brain, and alone know what is good for me. And this all is only good way satire as some create smile at mine face and sometime think as this stupidity some can think. So this all have some reason im just wait what be contiened
  • wankiam
    i would want to play myself
  • IAMNathanael
    Norville Rogers could act as me
  • willisg
    Mr. Magoo
  • Lovethecountry
    Oh wow... umm... this might take a few months
  • zagor
    If he was younger, Donald Sutherland...
  • My twin look alike a suppose
  • mert11345678
    İ don't know the answer.
  • Anonymous
    Me: Sandra Bullock. She would probably be the best to pull off my weird and random character

Boyfriend: Leonardo DiCaprio because they look similar and my boyfriend really likes him.

I don't know about my family but I guess the movie would be bad romcom about a girl who has a bad family and is bullied and suddenly gets thrown into the world of "normal" people life and has to adjusts to having someone she cares about (being my boyfriend) and learning about new feelings and such. With the villain of the story being those who are against her leaving her safe zone
  • Anonymous
    Me: Danny Devito
    My family: The Rock
    Everyone else: Brian Limmond (Limmy)