What is the point of WHITE COLORED PENCILS and WHITE CRAYONS?

It make no sense!!
Is it there to irritate you?
Is it there to get your brain working and think and trouble yourself with this question?
Is it there so you can "draw" with your imagination and say you drew a beautiful castle when all it is, is a line? Which would then just make it a sick lie about what you drew :O
WHYYYYYY?

1220

Most Helpful Girl

• i.ytimg.com/vi/BGHkwKVwmP0/maxresdefault.jpg
    static1.squarespace.com/.../
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d8c8d817e1.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...912b96ab16.jpg
    As you can see there is a lot of art work you can do with a white crayon, especially in a black sheet of paper, a white crayon is very useful.

• Woah that horse one is really awesome on the top. :D I had to do something similar to that for an art class way way back in high school, although it was of a polar bear haha. Did not turn out as well as that horse, though. xD

• @nfigure I know right? It's beautiful :)
      Sounds clichΓ© but Art class made me love art even more, lol. By the way us too we had to do something similar in Art class back in HS.

• Aw I'm glad you liked your class. :) Because drawing, painting, etc. at even a high-school level just wasn't for me, haha! Through sheer effort, though, I did end up getting a good grade, fortunately. :D I have to say, though, that it did give me more appreciation for the hard work and attention to detail that artists must give, in order to produce even just one picture. :) Because to this day, that high-school art class is still seriously one of the most difficult classes I've ever taken, including those at university! xD

Oh and this was the source photo that I chose for my black-paper-and-colored-pencils project, lol:

https://i.imgur.com/X3nkMoS.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• Were you aware that there are other colors of paper beside white? Many art projects need a large amount of color other than white, so using that color paper works best.

Also, if you have a block of color and need a white line through it, or lettering on it, would you prefer to scrape a line through it with a knife?