Why are bathrooms particularly scary after a horror movie?

Why are bathrooms particularly scary after a horror movie?
Updates:
I think for me... it's the mirror. Kind of surprised no one else has mentioned it. Mirrors in general are creepy as hell.
I started to watch this show on real-life hauntings. Five minutes into it and my toilet flushed itself SO LOUD that i could hear it through my headphones from under the covers. I'm gonna die. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• meh whats up doc?

ahha, ah n-no thanks m-man I'm g-good. aah haha o-ok bye n-now hehe. ( quickly dashes away )

1|0
    0|0
    • lmao. i can hear his voice clearly :D

• thats an innocent bystander leaving the premesis away from the creepy bugs bunny

• yes a creepy clown could be behind you in the mirror, then bam you awaken in a dark dank place with no escape. creepy 😳

• I dont get scared by movies really (only Nightmare of Elm Street scared hell out of me xD)
    I also donno anything about these things but I guess its bcoz of "fear of unknowns" when in bathroom you dont have control over whats going on out and your brain is scared already so its ready to defence and you can't be a good defender without being aware of the place you hide at (home xD)
    + maybe a cockroach eat you alive... accident never calls before happening... wear space suit before you go in πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with you, mirrors are creepy. I'm always waiting to see something behind me.
    But I also think it's the fact that you are more vulnerable in bathrooms. When you're in the shower or on the toilet you can be easily taken off guard.

1|0
    0|0
  • After I watched bloody marry I was so scared of going to the bathroom because of the mirror 😒
    I think it's mostly because you have to leave what you think is a safe place ( bed, under the blanket etc) to somewhere where your mind thinks you are vulnerable.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• Mirrors. There are a lot of scenes in horror movies that include mirrors. The bathroom is also one of the most dangerous places because it is full of hard surfaces that can crack your skull open.

0|0
    0|0
  • You get that idea in your mind that someone or something might be there waiting for you because it's one of the place you look more vulnerable. So you have to make sure the light are all on, check the shower, behind the door... It's called paranoia and it peaks after any kind of horror movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because your watching garbage that affects your brain even after your done with the movie. Also being in a bathroom makes it hard to fight or flee from since there's hardly any room and if someone wanted to it be a easy spot to trap you. Your instincts kick in and realize in a fight or flight situation being in a closed off cubicle gives you no way to fight or flee at your best and the fact your surroundings are closed off by walls and a door.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a great question and an even better gif lol!
    Maybe it had something to do with the acoustic qualities of bathrooms. You can hear everything. That coupled with not being able to see outside the stall may be behind this phenomenon...

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because the acoustics in bathrooms is high so that any kind of noise whether its a fossit leaking or whatever sounds spookier in addition to it being dark in there

2|0
    0|0
  • I have not noticed this phenomenon.

Dark basements possibly. walking through the woods at night with a flashlight after watching blair witch, perhaps.

1|0
    0|0
  • look behind you its watching you yes it is its watching you when you are sleeping and breathing/ shallow breathing in your sleep its watching you in the mirror you are never on your own you are been watched at all times honest you are its not going to hurt you it is looking after you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause your afraid a monster will come out of the toilet.

2|0
    0|0
  • You're in a confined space, you're vulnerable and you never know who's going to be there.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because you are alone, vulnerable and in a confined space

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I am ever going to a public restroom after that gif in this question.

1|0
    0|0
  • Eerie environment, perfect for being attacked. One entrance, one exit... so vulnerable.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, horror movies are hilarious since, they couldn't scare me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Dreams would be the most creepiest on the day of watching the movie since, one can't predict what's gonna happen next

• The mirrors because you just saw something unreal, and a reflected image in the mirror is unreal, stimulating that part of your brain. (Just a guess)

0|0
    0|0
  • Basic psychology it's because you are in confined space were your brain thinks such a small place hard to excape if something happens

0|0
    0|0
  • Because anything can happen in bathrooms just watch scream or zombie land. I don't know, i guess people just feel vonrable while in the bathroom.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's like a survival thing. Your most vulnerable when your panda ate around your ankles so naturally makes you skiddish

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the bathroom itself, it's the idea of being caught when you are vulnerable. There are even phrases like "being caught with your pants down"

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because scary things can happen in a bathroom, especially a public bathroom.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're vulnerable and trapped. Perfect place to get someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Most people said it already πŸ˜‚ the sounds resonate a lot more, someone can close the lights and the door and you're pants down, vulnerable asf. πŸ˜‚

Personally, basements seem more terrifying after a movie...

1|0
    0|0
  • We're in our most vulnerable state in bathrooms. If attacked during a poop, fighting back is hard to do. Same with being nude. We feel very defenseless in bathrooms. It's the same reason your dog may stare at you while he poops, he expects you to watch for danger and protect him while he's vulnerable.

0|0
    0|0
  • People always associate demons and ghosts with bathrooms and they get the thought of that when you go in you will see one in the mirror standing behind you so i think that's why. If it's dark in the bathroom at night i try my best not to look in the mirror i know it's dumb but that's what i do πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Because that's where you're at your most vulnerable. And mirrors are scary! Depending on the scary movie I'll avoid looking in a mirror afterwards πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe cuz most of the horror movies have some scary shots in bathrooms ! xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually get my cat to sit in the bathroom while I take a shower πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Imagine getting killed on the toilet
    That's terrifying

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause it’s one way in and one way out. It’s a small space.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you are most vulnerable on the toilet doing your business

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they're reclusive.

1|0
    0|0
  • That’s where one is most vulnerable.