Why are bathrooms particularly scary after a horror movie?

I think for me... it's the mirror. Kind of surprised no one else has mentioned it. Mirrors in general are creepy as hell.
I started to watch this show on real-life hauntings. Five minutes into it and my toilet flushed itself SO LOUD that i could hear it through my headphones from under the covers. I'm gonna die. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1439

Most Helpful Guys

• meh whats up doc?

ahha, ah n-no thanks m-man I'm g-good. aah haha o-ok bye n-now hehe. ( quickly dashes away )

• lmao. i can hear his voice clearly :D

• thats an innocent bystander leaving the premesis away from the creepy bugs bunny

• yes a creepy clown could be behind you in the mirror, then bam you awaken in a dark dank place with no escape. creepy 😳

• I dont get scared by movies really (only Nightmare of Elm Street scared hell out of me xD)
    I also donno anything about these things but I guess its bcoz of "fear of unknowns" when in bathroom you dont have control over whats going on out and your brain is scared already so its ready to defence and you can't be a good defender without being aware of the place you hide at (home xD)
    + maybe a cockroach eat you alive... accident never calls before happening... wear space suit before you go in πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with you, mirrors are creepy. I'm always waiting to see something behind me.
    But I also think it's the fact that you are more vulnerable in bathrooms. When you're in the shower or on the toilet you can be easily taken off guard.

• After I watched bloody marry I was so scared of going to the bathroom because of the mirror 😒
    I think it's mostly because you have to leave what you think is a safe place ( bed, under the blanket etc) to somewhere where your mind thinks you are vulnerable.