Do you listen to sad music when you're sad?

• Do you listen to sad music when you're sad?Yes
    Vote A
  • Do you listen to sad music when you're sad?No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The main reason that I listen to sad songs is because the lyrics are relatable and I know I'm not alone. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep to feel better in the morning knowing that I'll wake up alone and go to college alone, eat alone and come home alone, and repeat. I fucked up most of my chances with girls that are attracted to me and none of them are willing to give me a second chance because of my failed attempts and bad "first impressions", so yeah, I listen to sad songs when I'm down only to feel better.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg! I thought I was the only one who listend to sad music when they were sad.

Listning to sad music makes me feel better because I can relate the artist. Just knowing they've stood in your shoes and they understand what it's like is somewhat conferting.

1|0
    0|0
    • Then agan I listen to sad music all the time. I like just dark music. alternitive and rock/metal/scremo.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 63

• I listen to music all the time. I don't really need a reason to listen to music.

0|1
    0|0
  • I listen to sad music even when I'm not sad hahaha. They have good melodies.

Some of my favorite tunes with a "sad" feel to them are:

1. At the Daybreak - Origen
    2. Elegy - Longzijun
    3. Died Again - Petja Heiskanen (TAGAP OST)
    4. Worse than a dead penguin, is an undead one - Petja Heiskanen (TAGAP 2 OST).

0|0
    0|0
  • When I need to feel good, I just listen to my favorite albums, they are mostly rock and alternative music from the 90s.
    The sounds and vibrations i get from the songs just give me shivers and help me relax, thus, releasing the stress and anxiety.

0|0
    0|0
  • When my wife told me she wanted a divorce I not only cried but played sad songs like Please Don't Go and I Can't Stop Loving You. Loud so she could hear. Didn't help. I found out one thing no one knew anything was up till I told them 2 months later. Boy were people surprised how I never showed any signs anything was wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to sad music when I am sad and change it up to try to increase my mood sometimes successful sometimes not but I always have my friends online that can help cheer me up if I am really feeling low and they are the best ones to help me

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to but it only make my mood more sad and I stay sad much longer. Initially I listen to no music and when I'm up for I try to put on something that really energises me like some really good Metal to release some negative energy and some (psy-) trance to get some good energy going and put a smile back in my face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, though I usually listen to high energy/rage type music that embodies the pain and anger I'm feeling.

2|0
    0|0
  • No if I am upset or annoyed I listen to loud rock or upbeat pup. Taylor swift is a good go to music when you need a boost.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a classic rock and metal fan but oh when I’m sad I’ll listen to something like Journey ballads or even Adele. I never thought I’d listen to someone like Adele but man can she sing exactly how I’m feeling. Although I can’t decide if it’s a healthy thing to listen to sad music when I’m sad. This last time it happened to me and I chose to listen to Adele, I think it just prolonged how I felt because those songs got stuck in my head and then I wants to hear more. So I’m not yet convinced it’s a good thing but it is reassuring to know I’m not alone in how I feel. 😕

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how sad. I only listen to sad music when I'm realy mind breaking sad. Luckily this doesn't happen so often. Else I just think about the reason why I'm sad and then I put it simply away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I listen to music just to turn my thoughts away from the cause of sadness so it's just my usual favorite music. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No , I just put some heavy metal and bang my head :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Sometimes
    Other times angry music
    Guess it depends what sort of sad I am feeling

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I try to use it as motivation and be productive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, other times I listen to like, love songs or try to feel happy songs or listen to classical music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the songs I listen to are sad songs and I'm always sad so I guess I do listen to sad songs when I'm sad but it's by default...

0|0
    0|0
  • It gives me way to intense sucidal thoughts that linger in my mind for days

0|0
    0|0
  • yep.
    and can't stand any other kind of music in that state of mind. but it only takes days, then i man up and get my thoughts in order.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. I throw on so edsheran and Passenger etc on pandora.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but not too much. I don’t want to stay in that mindset.

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 34

• Yes. Happy music just pisses me off when I'm sad.

Actually, happy music pisses me off even when I'm happy. Fuck happy music.

0|2
    0|0
  • I only listen to sad music... think that says something about my mood

1|1
    0|0
  • yes but I've been trying to break myself of that because a lot of times, once I'm better I get that song stuck in my head and it makes me sad again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah always, the sadder the better. It's my therapy I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. It makes me cry so afterwards it’s all good again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always do this! It makes me feel like at least one other person on the planet gets what I'm going through

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it makes me cry even more. I really actually don't know why I do that to myself. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course. Depeche Mode is for these dark moments :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, crying helps me feel better over ruined cheese

0|0
    0|0
  • I do when I'm just moderately sad. I don't when I'm very sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if I do not feel sad I would still listen to sad music it's a bit weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. When I haven't cried in a long time, it helps me to get it all out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes sometimes I do

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutley not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I just kind of stare at the wall and cry.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather pray for something uplifting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bruh my music is so sad I contemplate suicide

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I recomend "nothing, nowhere."

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah, but I think it can work

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Why would I want to feel even worse?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes