Blade Runner 2049 Valentine?

One of the most debated topics about the movie Blade Runner 2049 is the relationship/love story between K and Joi. My boyfriend and I debated this over and over again. In my opinion Joi and K’s love is real, he thinks the opposite. For Valentine’s Day I want to send him a card with this picture from the movie. What caption should I put at the bottom? I was thinking something like
“ Just like them, my love for you is definitely real”.
If you have an idea of a caption please comment! Blade Runner 2049 Valentine?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Joi was nobody special in any way, shape, or form. As the movie later reveals, she was just a computer program with the sole purpose of doing whatever you want, and saying what you want to hear. In other words, her affection for K was completely artificial because the program was reacting to him.

Because of K's job, he is extremely lonely and has no friends to speak of other than his Joi. She's his only positive interaction in his life, so he thinks he "loves" her, and to an extent it might be real to him, but it's not a two-way street.

• I would concur, the feeling was real, but the relationship wasn't. While I agree that connection is important, K was probably one of the loneliest people in movie history.

His only real connection was with an AI designed for people like him, the only woman who ever had feelings for him was probably the police chick, and even then, that was more of a professional relationship than anything else, and he threw that away, used the stripper chick for Joi, and even paused for a moment in front of a sign. His memories? Fake. His relationship? One-sided. Job? Brutal police officer until THAT got ruined. Friends? Forget about it. Let's face it, this guy has no social skills whatsoever, the only thing that's noteworthy about him are his combat skills.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t find the movie very romantic, there are other movies that are tho lol

• That’s because it’s not meant to be