6 Things That Are NOT Goth

1. Pastel "goth"

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

That's... that's just a normal girl with pink hair...

2. "Health goth"

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

Bitch, you're a jock who wears black, okay?

3. Emo

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

4. Normies with a piercing

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

5. Normies with black lipstick

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

6. NormieS WHO LISTEN TO HALSEY OR BILLIE EILISH AND *MAYBE* WEAR BLACK

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

This picture is spot on, by the way.

xx

~ Mrs Manson

1627

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was about 19 - 21 I was a hardcore goth guy and I can still remember a poser friend of mine asking if this one My Little Pony character was a good goth influence just because the character acted depressed all the time... I had to save face and laugh in private

Most Helpful Girl

• Goth has been adopted into the local white girl aesthetic. Its annoying.

• I dont agree with saying pastel goth isn't right because that exists in its own subgategory of goth.

Join the discussion

1525
  • Vampires are not goth.
    6 Things That Are NOT Goth
    Emo isn't goth either.
    6 Things That Are NOT Goth

• What’s not goth is judging people literally all these choices have goth IN THE NAME you’re just judge mental and want to be considered better than people or cooler. I’ve been goth my whole life and raised by a goth family and you literally just gave me cancer. Goth culture is about being different and unique not everyone is gonna fit into this tiny category that you made up biased in person opinion. Just let people be happy and move on

• You're so right! Goth is just that, GOTH. It's an emotional thing that is then translated into fashion, but it can never be either or without the other. It's dominantly black with "maybe" a SUBTLE pop of color, but nothing more than that EVER.
    GODs I hate how modern society & social media are ruining EVERYTHING "traditional" trying to claim them as something else or destroying their "origin" stories!!! 😠

• HEY!!! I THOUGHT IF I WORE A NOSE RING I WOULD BE GOTH!!! Now I have to reconfigure my whole lifes plan... It was going to be being a skating superstar, play golf with tiger woods then become goth boy by getting a nose ring... well that is not going to work now... :(

• It gets really hard to tell, and what about Vampire Counts and Sith Lords? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T-omKwUOIUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

• you for got a Robot Zombie Goth

6 Things That Are NOT Goth

• I laughed when i saw the part about emos. I feel like these days any normal person that sees a "edgy" kid they automatically assume they are emo. I've been called emo yet i dont resemble it at all nor do i even listen to their music 😂

• My thoughts:
    In my past life, I lived in a black ice castle.
    I consider myself very Goth-esque. But I do go to the gym. I fast a lot too. I do that to recenter myself. I will be honest though Cotton candy pastel goths seem really odd to me. I mean Barbie wears the same colors as do my little ponys. Just saying.

• Disagree, to me goth is as the goths do. Pastel goth is just as legitimate as any other form. And at least three of my friends (other than myself) are either getting into or are into health and fitness. And the fact that their is a set of clothing lines directed towards this demographic is just nice.

• Im really attracted to goth girls, unfortunately im quite the opposite of goth 😅

• Some goth girls are into non-goth guys. Personally, I am not, but I'm not every goth girl.
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• There are goth conventions.
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• Im not going to a goth convention in the hopes of some random goth girl will be attracted to me lol

• I feel like no subculture spends as much time talking about what it actually is as goth does. Is that only on the internet or do you guys talk about this at goth events, too?

• hilarious because as a guy who was a goth before you was born i have to say mr manson just tapped into a money making game where he had to do nothing original to sucker in the new wave of fake goths just like you. one think to start having a go at normies with piercings but ffs are you any better. its all just bollox love

• Agreed.
    Although perky goths get mixed up with pastel ones sometimes even though they are completely different.

• I’m not goth, but if a full on goth person were to be listening to Halsey or Billie Eilish just because they like them are they not allowed to be goth anymore?

• South Park seems to think goths and emos are the same thing lol

• there's a difference between goth and weird

• For someone who is unfairly judged on a regular basis you're being rather judgmental. I was unaware there was some form of standardization regarding what is and is not goth.

• I have to disagree. Just because someone doesn't look the complete part for you, doesn't mean they can't relate to the culture. Goth is more than just a fashion statement.

• i put eyeliner on once and wore black. it was the best i could do.

• You know whats goth? The Visigoths who sacked Rome.

• None of those options were very attractive to me.

• That last image is so accurate lol.

• Black metal is not goth.

• #6 is me but I almost always wear black.

• Quite very true.

• Nice take

• Agreed.

• I love goth style but not at its extreme..😅

• 😭🤣 number 2

• Definitely

• this made me happy in a weird kind of way.

• Emos are not normies they are tremendous

• Emo is goth

• So what IS goth?

• I like the first pic toug

• 4d

Yes, it's not goth. It's WEIRD.

• Goths and emos are all fucking posers. THEY NEED LIVES

• Implying that it's about image doesn't seem any better.

• 1. I agree, pink/purple stuff, that's just not Goth.
    2. I disagree on this, every sub-culture also has a sporty version, so why not a Health Goth, or a Fit Goth?
    3. I totally agree, Emos are a completely different sub-culture.
    4. 100% true, piercing doesn't make them Goth.
    5. True again, being a Goth is not just about lipstick and black clothes, it's about attitude too.
    6. Okay, being a Goth doesn't mean that a girl has to look like a vampire, there are several other versions of Goth besides the Vamps (e. g Cyber Goths, Medieval Goths, Cabaret Goths, Victorian Goths etc).

• It would've been complete if you added what goth really is. Good to know emo & goth are separate.