7 Unconventional Things I Find Attractive

This MyTake is in response to a recent similarly named myTake. I'd give credit to the author, but unfortunately it was posted anonymously, even so, here's the link to the original. 14 Unconventional Things I Find Attractive

1. Short Hair

For whatever reason I've never found long hair all that attractive. Generally speaking I've always seen shoulder-length or shorter hair to be far cuter/more attractive. My best guess is it comes from growing up with 5 sisters who all wore their hair long. Maybe I'm just not a fan of stuff I mostly associate with my sisters. xD

2. Freckles

I just want to say now... holy crap the Scotts and the Irish hit the jackpot when it comes to genes. I know a lot of girls feel the need to mask freckles and such with several layers of makeup but I'd quite honestly take freckles over regular makeup any day. Freckles are nature's makeup, and quite frankly I have yet to see anything manmade that quite rivals the kind of beauty you can find in nature.

3. Red Hair

I didn't actually realize that this is apparently a "less attractive trait" to a lot of people. I've always thought red hair was just... stunning. It's glorious, it's beautiful just... I dunno I can't put into words my love of red hair. Like I said, the Scotts and the Irish hit the jackpot when it comes to genes.

4. Girls that are... shall we say less than skinny.

I know better than to call any girl anything that sounds remotely like "fat," so let me simply say, girls who try for toothpick figures just... what are you doing? You're sacrificing quality of hugs and cuddle quality that way! I honestly used to prefer the super slim figure until I met my girlfriend who was beautifully thicc. Not fat by any means, but she was heavier than whatever is considered "average."

5. Independence

I know there are plenty of guys who just want a girl to fawn over them. I get wanting to feel needed and all that jazz, but ever since my last relationship I learned that I really just want a girl who doesn't need me. I want a girl who is with me because she wants to be with me, not because she needs me. I want us to make each other better but at the same time for both of us to be capable of standing on our own two feet. I feel a much greater sense of security and joy in a relationship being with someone who is with me because they want to be rather than being with someone who is with me because it meets some sort of craving if that makes sense.

6. Chubby Cheeks

This was one mentioned in the myTake that inspired this one. I never knew that high, sharply defined cheekbones were supposedly the desired/attractive traits people sought after but those have never been things I hoped for in a girl. That sort of thing feels harsh and uninviting. I don't know if that makes sense but hey, I already know I'm weird and crazy.

7. Glasses

I honestly don't know if this is weird/unconventional or not. I've always loved glasses. They're like a picture frame that magnifies a beautiful painting. The eyes are one of the most beautiful/attractive parts of a person. They convey immense amounts of emotion and they're just awesome. Glasses frame and magnify people's eyes making an already gorgeous trait stand out that much more. Seriously though, in high school movies it always seems like the visual queue that lets you know which one is the "unattractive, nerd" is glasses which is really dumb because I always found those to be the cutest/most crush worthy characters as a kid... also they make me think of hipsters and I've always liked hipsters just as people if nothing else.

Anyways, those were 7 traits I find attractive that I've always or have recently discovered to have a bad reputation when it comes to things people think of as being cute or attractive. Feel free to tell me all about how my OPINIONS are OBJECTIVELY wrong in the comments xD

1928

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh okay, so you want me to be your girlfriend? Coz fuck! You're literally defining my physical appearance!
    Anyway, coming to the take, I think I've always found freckles far more attractive than tons of makeup! You know, it's just so naturally natural (of you know what I mean) that it's hard not to like it. I'd prefer freckles to makeup anyday.

• Right? It always just kind of bums me out when girls cover up their freckles with makeup. It just kind of makes me sad. People EMBRACE YOURSELVES!! xD

Most Helpful Guys

• 1: As long as she doesn't have a pixie cut, I'm fine with short hair.

2: I don't mind freckles on the nose and cheeks but all over the face like the girl you showed? Ew.

3: Maybe cause my mom has red hair but I don't find red hair attractive most of the time.

4: I love thic chicks! They are so sexy.

5: Independent I don't mind. I want her to follow her career and path, but I want to be part of the path.

6: Chubby cheeks on a chubby girl in makes sense. But why the picture of a child, that's a bit weird...

7: Fuck yeah, glasses are super cute!

• I did the picture of the kid because I didn't want people thinking I was simply looking up pictures of the traits and picking only the super attractive girls. Just an example in this case chubby cheeks being adorable. Not sexy/attractive, just adorable.

• I am with you on 3 and 4 particularly on 3 very very much
    2 and 7 are sometimes great but more a case to case basis for me
    1 is rare but occasionally it works
    6 not for me do much not that I really want high sharply defined cheekbones either more something in between?
    5... That's hmmmm I do appreciate independent but I don't quite buy the premise on that one but I think we may conceptualize differently in that area so that could be why but that would be lengthy discussion

I don't think all of those are all that unconventional but some are indeed
    But it takes all sorts

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 17

• I love buzzcuts on guys. I used to didn't like freckles but they are adorable on my bfs nose. His hair is brown but kinda looks red in the light. Im not really a fan of his hair color. he's more avg than skinny. he's def more independent than me. I love his chubby cheeks. I’d bet he looked cute in glasses but there's only room for one 4eyef person in this relationship haja

• looks dont do a thng for me, if a man has not got a good brain and personality his looks make no diference. Some men have the lot.

• I agree with independence and glasses. Each to their own I guess.

• Wow, I'm glad to know a dude actually likes glasses. I have always thought I looked like a dork in glasses...

• Some women look better in them and when they take them off they look kinda weird.

• People say that when I wear my contacts also but they also say I am more attractive without them.

• Yea, there's a boy in my class who pretty always wears contacts but me and my friends all agree that he looks better in glasses. Even though he only wears them like once every 5 months or something. Last school year, he only wore them 3 times in the whole year (yes, I am creep because I was actually counting the number of times)

• Im there with you on the RED HAIR.

JUST STUNNING!

• Interesting take!
    1) We need guys like you in our country 😂😂😂 literally if a girl doesn't have long hair she ain't pretty in here... Pfffttt. I'm not allowed to cut my hair short.
    2 and 3) Freckles and red hair are such a cute combination! I also think those girls are really pretty.
    4) Actually, most guys like some meat especially when they become more mature so it's not uncommon.
    5) To me, independence is a necessity.
    6) Chubby cheeks are sooo hella coot 😍 and squishy 😆😆
    7) Glasses make a person more attractive by improving facial symmetry. It's common.

• Ha, I guess the only redeeming quality I have according to this is my short hair...

• xD Well... like I said, these are pretty unconventional things to like as far as I can tell so you're probably in a pretty good spot. I'm just weird and mildly crazy.

• I would tend to agree... eh... let me put it this way, one of my best friend licked a cactus out of curiosity, another convinced me to wear high-heels which I rocked, I watch my little pony because it's awesome, and I've lived in the south my whole life but don't like sweet tea... also Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich is better than Chick-Fil-A's... so I dunno people think I'm weird for the friends I have, the food I like, the food I dislike, the shows I watch, and the stuff I'm willing to do. If you think I'm normal then thank you I suppose xD I've always found though that normal just means boring. No one is normal to me. We're all just crazy in different ways.

• Definitely

• I love freckles, and honestly wish I had them.

• best MyTake ever

• this is really cool

• Show more from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 26

• red hair and freckles... hmmm... used to have both, many many many years ago... but im not a girl... lol
    and by the way, i love both traits, just add green eyes, an irish or scot accent and a whole lo of tomboy and send her gift wrapped, ill keep her forever... lol

• I'll second the ones about glasses and freckles... Women with these are so sexy to me. Even if it's all over their bodies, freckles are just fun to look at and is a sexy difference. As well, independence means you're not blowing up my phone every 10 sec because I'm haven't had a chance to tell you I love you after I left your house the last time I told you I love you 3 times already... Or, I can actually do something by myself like take a shit... ;)

• 1. Short Hair MEH, not really

2. Freckles - I love freckles. So, cute, so adorable, so sexy!

3. Red Hair - YES! I love ladies with red hair.

4. Girls that are... shall we say less than skinny. Hell yeah, I love curvy ladies.

5. Independence - Meh.

6. Chubby Cheeks - No, not really my thing.

7. Glasses - Hell yes, girls with glasses are such a turn on and I love that look. I don't know why.

• Wait, people are serious when they say that they're not attracted to red heads?

• I believe so and it confuses me just as much as it confuses you :/

• I'll be honest... the vibe I get (which could be way off) is that GUYS like redheads but most girls do not like redheaded guys. So... being a ginger could be a plus for a girl but a disadvantage for a guy.

• @Miristheiss I suppose that's possible, I dunno.

• I like most of these except larger women. A bit of weight is fine but where a woman (or anyone for that matter) has let themselves go it's just not attractive.

• I never said they let themselves go, I just prefer girls larger than average. I don't find marshmellow fat attractive either. I like a girl who takes care of herself,

• I never said that you said that they had let themselves go. But the woman in the picture by my standards has let herself go.

• Woah really? well then our opinions do differ, I thought she was beautiful.

• I didn't know that red hair is supposed to be unattractive on girls lol. I like it. Also glasses are fine and short hair can look really nice if the haircut looks nice.

• I can agree with most of those except big cheeks and bigger girls. i like a girl i dont break by accident. But i can love most body type. What i do love is someone thats healty

• Redheads are the best in every way, freckles are cute, independence is really nice, and glasses can range from cute to hot.

• I think there are so many things girl have that we like or fall in love or find it attractive. Women are awesome creation of God. Good luck women.

• Except for independence, I totally disagree on everything else. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Aka, I respect your opinions :)

• 1. While I don't mind short hair, I still prefer long hair.

2. I don't mind freckles in general, but I still prefer no freckles. I'm also not a fan of freckles all over the place like the girl you showed.

3. I've... never been a fan of red hair. None of my crushes ever had red hair. Plus, I usually don't like super pale skin, either.

4. I don't mind if a girl isn't perfectly stick slim, but I don't want a girl that's too overweight, either. The girl you showed I'm not a fan of.

5. Independence... hell yeah! Independent women rule!

6. Chubby cheeks... I never cared or gave thought to that, to be honest. I feel completely neutral, I guess.

7. Glasses... while I don't mind them, most people I know look better without them.

• Show more from Guys
    16