14 Unconventional Things I Find Attractive

This is a list of things that may be unconventional I find attractive but others dont. Just my personal opinions and preferences!

1. Short men

Yes, I honestly find short men attractive. Shocker? Not really to me. I recently started noticing the trend of girls wanting 6'0+ guys, I am surrounded by tall men in my family and I'm tall myself so tall to me isn't so interesting. I have crushed and liked guys who are short more than guys who are tall. I don't rule out tall guys but I'm usually attracted to how the persons face and body looks, not how tall they are. I think short guys are attractive to me and I've pursued many short guys.

2. Asymmetry

Now what I'm about to say will sound a bit weird but bare with me. I find guys with slight asymmetric lips or eyebrows very attractive, especially lips. I have crushed on guys before who had nerve damage in their lips, I noticed I liked about 3 guys who had this problem. No it's not a creepy fetish but if I meet a guy with this problem, it doesn't make him any less attractive to me is my point. I think slight asymmetry just gives the man character, makes him a little bit flawed and that to me is more human.

3. Small chins

I have a square chin myself so maybe that is why I like small chins accompanied by medium sized jaws in men (I have a small jaw so I guess I like the opposite a bit more but I have liked tons of guys with a small jaw). Small chins are just attractive to me in guys, I don't know why. I am currently liking a guy with a big chin though so it's not really a requirement but I just find small chins on men attractive.

4. Homosexuality

Yes, I honestly find way more gay men attractive. I have been embarrassed a lot with men who will say 'I'm flattered you like me but , I'm gay.' I don't know what is it about gay guys, but some of them are very sexy and very very attractive to me. It happens to me a lot that I like a guy and he turns out to be bisexual or gay.

5. Men with thick legs

Now I don't mean a full on Kim K body, but just the fat distribution of the man would be mostly in his back, arms, and legs. I really like men who have broad shoulders and a V shape but have a mostly gynoid fat distribution (so mostly in legs and arms though I don't like gyno if I'm being honest ). I've even liked a guy who was slightly curvy, his thighs curved out a little giving him a slight pear shape, but I liked him anyway because he was funny, sweet, and a good dude.

6. Men with a shapely butt

I guess this isn't super unconventional but I like guys with a fit bum. lol Even if it's round I don't mind it. Certainly a shapely and nice tight butt is better than a shapeless or saggy one.

7. Open bites

Now not extreme ones, but I think open bites are kind of attractive (as long as you can still keep your mouth closed with it). I don't know why but I just think it's kinda attractive.

8. Chubby cheeks

Not on men, but I envy girls with chubby cheeks. I never understood wanting high, sharply defined cheekbones. I have them and think if I had chubbier cheeks they would look much better and cuter. So if you have a chubby or round face, I think its beautiful!

9. Cleft chin

I guess this is also not that uncommon to like but I have one and even though I used to not like it, I'm kind of okay with it. I find it very attractive on other people though, especially some girls who have it can pull it off well and look really pretty with it. Cleft chins are really nice to me but I usually dont notice it that much on men, just other girls.

10. Men who are a little feminine

Not too much, but men with slight feminine personality aspects are usually more caring and more sensitive which makes them nicer and I am attracted to that. Usually shyness, being quiet and reserved, or sensitive is looked down upon and praised in females but I honestly don't think so. I have no problem with these personality traits and actually find them kind of attractive.

11. Older men

Now I like guys my age and around my age group but older men are usually less caring about looks in a partner and are more mature (older men meaning 30-45) which is convenient since I'm not the best looking girl and maturity is something nice to find in a man.

12. Men who do cute things

So they say aww or they just act in a cute manner, I find that attractive. I don't want a guy who is solid and is afraid of reacting naturally or in a cute way, there is nothing wrong with it.

13. Big forearms

This isn't that unconventional but believe me when I say I instantly notice if a guy has big forearms. Even if he is a skinny guy, if he has nice forearms that is very attractive to me, especially if he rolls his shirt to the middle of his forearm and it's all big and muscular looking that is so sexy! aaaand that kind of brings me to my next point.

14. Rolled sleeves

Again, I have no clue why I find this attractive, but any guy even if I'm not attracted to him if he rolls his sleeves to his forearms, I find that incredibly attractive. I don't understand why, but I just do.

Hope you enjoyed this take. :)

1741

Most Helpful Guys

• Pretty good take, you do seem a lot of what most girls don’t except for shapely butt and big forearms which I do have and I do fit some of your other likes but I don’t ever get noticed

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well I'm sure if I like these things some other girls do too and they notice. I certainly notice.

• I guess they are hiding the fact since I don’t see them stare or smile unless they don’t let me catch them 😊

• Weird, My face is asymetrical and I've literally just been called ugly for it by every girl I've ever met since i was about 10. Very very weird thought process from you to not conform to that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have facial asymmetry as well. I don't thing people with it are ugly , not at all. Lots of guys I've talked to and liked had facial asymmetry. some of them even had the nerve damage thing I mentioned.

• Hey , I can relate to everything you say. I've always been considered 'that ugly girl you only talk to if you need something' and my facial asymmetry also makes my eyebrows at different heights and different shapes , my chin is bigger on one side and so it my jaw , my lip is uneven. My left side is also developed and normal and my right side isn't. Most people dont have a symmetric face it's just more visible on some than others.
      And I'm not going to tell you not to get surgery if it will make you feel better , I used to feel the same way but I realized I shouldn't fix myself so other people can feel good when they stare at me or only want to talk to me because I look better. Fuck those people , their judgement is shit and if you sat around looking at them I'm sure you will find 30 different flaws about them.
      And from what I can see in your profile picture you have a very nice jaw shape.

• Ey, I think you have got the right idea, i rate that mentality, Maybe this is sexist of me to say, I just feel its a bit different for guys, I think its much easier for girls to date with these kind of issues then guys. Theyre seen as unique and beautiful, We're seen as grotesque and deformed, Haha.

Weirdly, i think i don't want surgery, so much to make others like me, I think i just sort of accepted since i was little the way i look would always void the oppurtunities for friends / dating family, So i've had a good 10 years to come to terms with that, Haha, I'd just like to be able to look in a mirror and not feel sad :P.

And eh, As i said, I think my left side is okay and normal, But the right side is just.. eugh. Words fail it.

Its quite nice to hear the opinion from the opposite side, First time i've ever heard this before, Thank you. :)

Most Helpful Girls

• 1) I'm short myself so I don't mind short guys lol. 6 feet and above kinda freak me out (not really but it's still intimidating) cause they're so taaaalllll. 😰
    2) uneven eyebrows can be sexy when making facial expressions and uneven lips can be really hot when the person is talking or smiling flirtatiously 😍😍😍 not on everyone but yeah it can add to some people's attractiveness.
    3) if it's proportionate with the face it looks great!
    4) I've been there. Has crush on a guy and found out that he's gay. Why are all the hot dudes gay?
    5 and 6) oh yes oh yes I actually think guys have better butts. 😏
    7) had to Google cause I don't know what it is... maybe cause English is my second language. It's not something that I care about. But wow someone can like it particularly! I wouldn't expect that.
    8) some women who are a bit chubby and have chubby cheeks look so googly googly bush... I mean cute lol.
    9) cleft chin and dimples make a great combo and can look cute on certain face shapes.
    10) I don't really care. If he's confident and not afraid of showing this side of him then it's a plus. Confidence is hot.
    11) I prefer guys older than me but not necessarily old men... But yes maturity is important. I don't really care about age.
    12) Awwww yes yes yes 😍
    13) I don't care tbh
    14) They can make an outfit instantly sexier. 😉

Some of these are considered attractive by many actually. And it seems like I can actually agree with all of your points to an extent.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I like short guys. My man is 5'5". He claims to be 5'6" but as you can see in the pic we are the same height and I'm 5'5". I may even be a tiny bit taller. He's a hotty in my eyes.😁

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 39

• Well 14 is because of 13 I can tell you that right now.

These are kind of unconventional. But they're not extremely odd. Wish I had more of those characteristics to be honest. I just have the inbetween ones that don't make much of a difference in this list and are unconventional enough to make other people uninterested. Oh well.

• I’m a 32 year old short asymmetric gay man with small chins and thick legs. My forearms are big but I behave feminine all the time. My cheeks are chubby and I just rolled my sleeves up for you which might be considered cute.

But I’m gonna break it to you. I don’t have a shapely butt.

• Some of these are surprising, others are predictable. But kudos for ANY of them being surprising. Usually when a woman writes a list like this, it's more like "Am I weird for finding Ryan Gosling hot?"

• Precision, attention to detail, let me guess you are a lab tech, or work in a job that requires a refined ability to focus on small details. And you like your work too.

• Something like that. I'm guessing you're good at reading people.

• I'm similar I do field work, though.

• I'm not sure all of these things are unconventional for a girl to like?

• Sure not all , but some of these are kind of unconventional.

• This is all a gigantic shit test. Women find all these things unattractive.

You want to know what they really find attractive? Search for any post on here about women bitching about their fuckboys.

• Um well I find these things attractive, I dont care if other girls dont. It's what I prefer.

• You can trick the rest of these pussies, but never me.

• I'm a little scared to imagine what you might look like

• Uh why?

• How am I scary? Because i described my height and chin? lol.

• I didn't actually read all that, just skimmed through the bold texts
      now that I read it, I'm more scared...

• It was a lot to read. I just left an opinion and didn't read it.

• Haha. Enjoy the xper points.

• I like nerd women who like to study and wear glasses. It probably dates back to college. Quite the turn on for me.

• I wouldn’t deny 10 or 12 relating to me. I’m also 5'8".

• 5'8 isn't that short , it's only 1 or 2 inches below the male average height !

• I’m wasn’t sure what the average was or if you were referring to it.

• Oh 5'9-5'10 is the average Male height so short to me is guys between 5'3-5'7ish , 5'8-5'10 guys are average height even if they're shorter than me I dont see them as short. My height and above to tall to me (180-181cm+)

• Interesting! I fall into men who do cute things and a little "bit" feminine
    I also kind of fall into the older man category, so three for three

• Well I have thick legs but Im tall. Oh well I'm screwed. :( :( :( How tall are you btw?

• 181cm

• @lazermazer so we can't have a casual conversation? Lol.

• Casually is obscene here lol

• I like bigger-than-average noses on girls lol. Probably the strangest one. Same with thick-ish eyebrows on girls.

Also blondes are meh, don't get the whole fuss about them.

• Definitely unconventional... thanks for sharing your opinion...

• I can understand why you'd find some of these attractive, thanks for sharing.

• I can understand why you're anonymous. I like number 11 though. :)

• One of the reasons i roll my sleeves because it makes my upper arms and shoulders look bigger.

• I have known a lot of women who say older men make the best partners so you are not alone there.

• Are you transgender?

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 15

• Well i like older men, and men who do cute things and rolled sleeves... must admit not the rest lol

• How are men who do cute things, cleft chins, older men, rolled sleeves, shapely rears and thick arms/legs in any way new?

• Well cleft chins in girls because I know many girls and I myself were insecure about them.
      The others are just very specific things I'm into ( for the rolled sleeves I said it makes any man attractive to me even if I wasn't attracted to him , a shapely butt isn't that unconventional but not a lot of girls are attracted to one , thick legs or even slightly curvy legs are attractive to me in a man). The older men one isn't unconventional but I felt like mentioning it because I'm young but usually like men 40+.

• I'm not disliking any of the traits you listed, I guess I just find the title misleading.

• Not surprising. Gay men usually take better care of themselves, so they usually are better looking than many guys.

• Well you have a point there , they do take good care of themselves. And some of them have cute personalities which appeals to me a lot.

• I never heard of a girl liking this, that's surprising.

• Yeah it's why it's called unconventional haha. Though some people have agreed to finding some of these attractive.

• Personally the only things I would find attractive is chubby cheeks (as long as it's not too much) and older guys (as long as they don't got much wrinkles and have nice body).

• I find a lot of older men attractive as well, especially if they have a rugged look.

• I have found myself chasing gay men too! But, I will watch gay porn also. I'm not sure if you're THAT into gay men.

• Very interesting! I've also found some gay men to be attractive.

• I find Austin Powers sexy. I would totally go on a date with him. Unconventional?

• Nice take

• Good my take.

• I find older men attractive as well

• Agree with the arms and the sleeves 😍

• Number is HELLA attractive

• Rolled sleeves makes me crazy!

• I find dumbo ears to be adorable