Is dark lipstick attractive?

Personally I only think it looks good on lighter skin on the other hand it looks a little dirty on darker skin but I would like to hear what others think.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it looks hotter on lighter skin then darker skin, also because they tend to have larger lips

0|0
    0|0
    • I got my wording the wrong way around around, "darker skin than lighter skin" im happy to lose mho. I want to honestly

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...7100fb457547.jpg
    I am looking hard at that picture and I don't find it attractive. Maybe if it was on a beautiful woman's lips?

0|1
    0|0
  • www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(d).gif

All lipstick colours are unattractive to me.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends how dark, but it can, it just has to go with your entire outfit or it stands out too much. But even regular lipstick can be too much.

Remember that natural lips go better with everything

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think it depends on the women, to me a very tan person with it so like an Italian wouldn't look as good, but someone who is Irish would look way better!

0|0
    2|0
  • No... its. Lokk. Like. A. Alien.. Has.. Reached. On. Our. Planet..
    Without... Lipstick.. A.. Girl.. Can.. Look.. Most.. Preetiest Girl...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup i love darker shades !! Not black though !! Chocolate brown, dark burgundy, dark purple. These look nice. it has to be complimented with a tidy and neat look !!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have an opinion for this question , it called of course!

1|0
    0|0
  • Agree it looks hot on light skin, it stands out more.

0|0
    2|0
  • I like dark lipstick on a girl that shades very pretty

0|0
    0|0
  • depends from girl to girl, some girls can pull it off in style & some can't

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be, i Like Light purple lipstick on girls too haha 😌

0|0
    0|0
  • if lipstick I prefer darker one. not a fan of bright lipstick colours

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really think it looks good on anybody.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it can

0|0
    0|0
  • Only a few women can pull it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's sexy. Hey, is guys having super hairy chest unappealing?

0|0
    5|0
  • You are correct in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 33

• Dirty? Um what? lool dark lipstick suit darker skin toned people far far more often than it does lighter skin girls (which sometimes make them look like a clown).
    This really doesn't look dirty to me...
    www.kokolife.tv/.../...loured-Lipstick-KOKOTV7.jpg

6|2
    0|0
    • She's right, darker shades look great on darker complexion in general, i think the variation of pink shades suit white girls better, but some can pull of the pinky red.

• yup!! lot of makeup rules are bs tbh

• Dirty, what does that even mean? Women with brown skin can totally rock a dark lip.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e384b21c90.jpg

bossip.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/rihannamac2.jpg

genevieveng.com/.../joan-smalls-x-estee-lauder.jpg
    I think the only time dark lip stick might look less flattering is if the person has small lips, goes out of the line/has dry skin that pulls the color in cracks or it doesn't go well with their undertones.
    ex.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0b4aa0b0fc.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like it follows the same guidelines of any other lipstick color. Some people can pull it off and some people can't. You also have to remember that skin undertones may affect the look. There are cold, warm, and neutral undertones for every skin color and I haven't even started in on accessories, outfits, seasons, etc. It's all really relative and sometimes their's no way to determine how things will look until the person actually tries it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shay Mitchelle is tanned and it looks gorgeous on her
    assets.teenvogue.com/.../...at%2010.17.14%20AM.png

2|0
    0|0
  • I mean personally, I don't think skin tone matters. Its all about the feautures. I've tried wearing dark, but it just makes me look like a clown. But I've seen girls of all skin tones slay the dark shades. So it all depends on the girl's facial features to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think more than darkness it depends on the matching lipstick undertones with skin undertone.. but yea when there is a good match, I definitely like it ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's done well! I see a few attempt it and it just looks awful, I think the whole look has to be fairly dramatic in order to pull it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person and whether or not she thinks it looks good on her.
    I like darker shades over bright shades because I find it more subtle and seductive. I'd only go bright to match what I'm wearing that day but very rarely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I love dark lipstick, like deep berry or red wine color.
    I love the one in the picture your posted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dark makeup creates a more vivid contrast on lighter skin but it harmonizes well with darker. I am fair and I love wearing dark makeup β™‘

0|0
    0|0
  • it looks good when your teeth aren't yellow is all I would say xD

1|0
    0|0
  • on large lips yes... i wish i had thicker lips so i could pull off dark shades :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your skin tone. I think tanned and dark skins look good with such lipsticks but it's looks kinda strange on fair skinned ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • My pale skin doesn't give me many color options, so I always go for dark shades of lipstick.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can look good but depend on your skin tone. On me it look really bad but I've seen some girl who suit it good.

0|0
    0|0
  • How the shit does it look dirty? Maybe you just don't like darker skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some are. But not like this:
    -people that have no lips (no lipstick looks good then)
    -people that are shit at applying it.
    -red lipsticks

0|0
    0|0
  • I found dark reds lips are really sexy, but some like black, dark brown, dark green colours are definitely not my cup of tea

0|0
    0|0
  • I love itt
    I only use that in proms tho not everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • I cannot say yes or no, it dΓ©pends on the whole picture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it is

0|0
    0|0
  • It's beautiful, it looks great on everyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • It works for every skin tone in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just think people with thin lips should avoid it because a darker shade will make them even thinner. And pale girls with a cold skin undertone need to be very careful when choosing, but with the right shade they can pull it off too.

• Yes I love dark red and purple lipsticks

0|1
    0|0
  • Only a few can pull it off

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on of it suits you

0|0
    0|0
  • I love dark lipstick.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • dirty? It tends to look better on dark skin.. you don't need to be a literal white sheet of paper for colors to look good on you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Colors pop on dark, medium or light. They don't if it's closer to skin tone.. Its in the application, how its paired.. not tones , eye or hair color. I wish makeup rules would be banned sometimes, creates conflict in the stores, insecurity in many races, and then they teach it in schools like a concrete science when we could link thousands of pictures to the contrary.

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes