Girls, What is it with women and wearing leggings constantly?

So this question may seem offensive to you women out there, but I am not at all trying to be. I just want to know why women wear leggings. I personally think that it is to get guys to stare at the girls butt, which seems like a clear reason, but I don't know for sure. Please provide a detailed answer or no answer at all. Thanks!
Thanks for all the answers!

29

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't like leggings, what do you prefer that we wear? I don't mind a well-mannered stare or two but I'm also not a leggings fan. I like to wear skirts or dresses most of the time and I see women doing that with leggings underneath - it looks goofy.

• No, I'm not saying I prefer or don't prefer you wearing leggings. I just wanted to know why and thought it was a little weird, since you normally don't see any girls around the age of 13 or below wearing them. Sorry if I sounded disrespectful.

• It's a fair question and you weren't being disrespectful. I don't get it either.

Young girls seem to wear them quite a bit. Here in Boston I see a lot of young girls in dresses and leggings. Of course it's cold and there's something to be said for keeping your legs warm.