Girls, What is it with women and wearing leggings constantly?

So this question may seem offensive to you women out there, but I am not at all trying to be. I just want to know why women wear leggings. I personally think that it is to get guys to stare at the girls butt, which seems like a clear reason, but I don't know for sure. Please provide a detailed answer or no answer at all. Thanks!
Updates:
Thanks for all the answers!

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't like leggings, what do you prefer that we wear? I don't mind a well-mannered stare or two but I'm also not a leggings fan. I like to wear skirts or dresses most of the time and I see women doing that with leggings underneath - it looks goofy.

0|1
    0|0
    • No, I'm not saying I prefer or don't prefer you wearing leggings. I just wanted to know why and thought it was a little weird, since you normally don't see any girls around the age of 13 or below wearing them. Sorry if I sounded disrespectful.

• It's a fair question and you weren't being disrespectful. I don't get it either.

Young girls seem to wear them quite a bit. Here in Boston I see a lot of young girls in dresses and leggings. Of course it's cold and there's something to be said for keeping your legs warm.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• For me I only wear them in the summer because there not as hot as jeans and super comfy. But I draw the line at the flesh coloured ones as they look really weird

0|1
    0|0
  • they're comfortable. they look cute. they go with many outfits.

PSA to men: We don't spend THOUSANDS of dollars every week on shoes, makeup, clothes, jewelry, etc, just to attract your asses. We do it for ourselves and to impress any women checking our outfit out. Sorry, but that's the truth.

0|1
    0|0
  • My reason is purely because it's comfortable. If I wanted guys to stare at my arse, then I'd wear jeans. Leggings are for under dresses or long shirts so my arse is already covered when I'm wearing leggings, they don't draw attention to it because it's not like you can really see it :P

0|1
    0|0
  • makes my ass look great and they are super comfy. What more do you need?

0|1
    0|0
  • This honestly kinda annoys me ahaha. I mean the people who literally ONLY wear leggings. But I understand why they do. They're comfy, define your legs (and butt), they're significantly cheaper than pants, and I guess people are just lazy lol. And especially since it's become socially acceptable to wear leggings day in and day out... That's literally what some girls will do. They'll wear like the same pair of leggings for an entire week. Which, frankly, I find gross. But whatever, people have their preferences and reasons I guess. They also go with a lot of outfits also, so I guess that's another reason. It's funny because I'm critiquing leggings as I sit here wearing my only pair lmao! I never wear them though... But I was wearing a shirt dress and didn't want to show my legs (it's winter people!) so ey leggings I guess haha.

0|2
    0|0
  • I only wear them at home or to bed. It's just because the ones I have are SUPER soft and comfortable.

2|0
    0|0
  • they are super comfy and I look look good in them and my boyfriend likes them on me. and I can wear with almost any type top.

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly would never wear them outside, like ever. wouldn't want guys staring the whole time, that makes me uncomfortable. I only wear them when I'm home, to work out, or about to go to bed.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would wear them outside in one case, if I'm wearing a somewhat long and baggy tshirt, thats comfortable and it doesn't get guys attention as even half of wearing a tight and short tshirt xD

• guys attention is a big plus but that's NOT the only reason , they're really very comfy, cheap, and they work with A LOT of outfits.

0|1
    1|0
  • I think it's mostly fitness pants now. Which is because they fit different seasons, and it's the in thing to go to the gym now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Comfort and simplicity, unless you're buying them way too tight most tights are no tighter than a pair of well-fitted pants, so this consensus that it's so guys'll stare at your ass is bogus in most cases. Y'all act like this is what all girls look like in tights:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKTyvgFUMAAnH04.jpg
    cdn.hercampus.com/.../...e56d1facba34762fc4e05.jpg

When most of us are like:

s3cdn-lookbooknu.netdna-ssl.com/.../...MG_8908.jpg

Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Comfy
    Form-fitting
    Male attention

Case closed :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes wear leggings purely because they're comfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • For comfort really, although it makes butts look good, I got tired of the restricted feeling in jeans so I like things with some stretch in it

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're comfy, a lot cheaper than alternative forms of pants and they're versatile.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont know about other girls but, I like them because they are comfortable and they are cute with the right short and boots.

0|0
    0|0
  • Theyre really friggen comfortable

0|1
    0|0
  • They're fucking comfortable

0|1
    0|0
  • its comfy as fuck that's why

0|1
    0|0
  • They are comfortable and cheaper than jeans