Do people really think that chokers are so supposed to be analogous to dog collars?

1320

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps people have noticed a correlation between women who own and wear chokers and submission. Do you like chokers, and if so, are you sexually submissive? I never understood why chokers signify submissive qualities in women either, unless the choker says something like "babygirl" or "princess" on it, then that's really the only indication. Psychologically, people don't always realize that the choices they make can actually represent something about themselves that they don't want to admit to, which Roosh V actually states himself around four minutes into the video.

Roosh V seems to be kind of misogynistic from the titles of his other YouTube videos, though, so I wouldn't really pay much attention to him. Just read the comments on his videos to see what type of audience he attracts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never wore them when they were popular a few decades ago, and I'm certainly not wearing them now, and not because they remind me of a dog collar but because they are ugly, and pointless, and visually cut the beautiful lines of the neck which is not a place that needs a divide or to be cinched in.

As far as the dog thing... a leash in that sense is about control. You want to control another thing by collaring it, but putting it on yourself for yourself is not the same thing. You already control you.