Are chokers overrated?

They're becoming v popular... espeically with teen girls
  • Are chokers overrated?Yes they are. Why would someone want a dog collar around their neck for that much money?
    Vote A
  • Are chokers overrated?Meh. They're alright
    Vote B
  • Are chokers overrated?NOOoooooo chokers r baeeee so damn hottt
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally love them but it does depend a little bit on the style of the choker itself. They don't seem to be all that overused when you compare them to things like rings and bracelets.
    If you like it wear it because you want to not because of it's popularity.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Chokers have been around for a long time (*) and there's a good reason: they look very good because they accentuate a woman's neck which makes a male subconsciously think she is taller with a longer neck. It's like wearing heels without the foot pain and deformity.

(*) Here is a still of Elizabeth Montgomery as witch Samantha Stevens in a 1971 episode of Bewitched in which she often wore chokers.

www.bionicdisco.com/.../...mery_Bewitched_1971.jpg

Chokers were commonplace in the 1970s and they looked great then...
    escapetotheseventies.com/70s-fashion/chokers/
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...32dfc2cd63.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • it one of those things that not everyone can pull off, yet everyone is trying them. On the right girl they are sexy as fuck, but most girls look advantage or weird with them on. It whatever though, let them were what they want it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they are a very nice addition to a woman's neck line!

1|1
    0|0
  • Always found them to be extremely sexy and also a great accessory on gals

1|1
    0|0
  • i think its pretty hot. it also says something about yourself i find, you know the way you choose to express yourself.

1|1
    0|0
  • They're hot as fuck, but that doesn't mean it isn't an overused trend.

1|1
    0|0
  • Chokers are hot - as long as they are tight and scrict

1|1
    0|1
  • Chokers are hot! If i had to pick one item she'd leave on during intercourse it would be that.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because like every other sexy clothe item for girls they all wear it and expect to be instantly sexy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are. Why would someone want a dog collar around their neck for that much money?

2|0
    0|1
  • My girlfriend never leaves without one

1|0
    0|0
  • i like them to have a tag saying daddies girl on

1|1
    0|0
  • No, they're cute

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. They're not even attractive

1|1
    0|1
  • chokers are super hot

1|1
    0|1
  • They're certainly over-used!

1|0
    0|1
  • ew yeah

1|0
    0|1
  • They make the person wearing it look trashy and lower class/lower income. I'm not into those types of girls so for that reason I'm out.

1|0
    0|0
  • What the hell is a choker? Dumb kids..

1|0
    0|1
  • I think they can be kind of hot. It does remind me of my childhood, though, since chokers were big in the 90's as well. This trend will die out in several years and may very well re-emerge again in another 20 years.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• Not at all.
    If you're going to go with those cheap ones that all look the same then you may just not wear any at all...
    But having one that maybe you made or that's unique - it makes sense to me. I've always loved chokers... Not just recently when people got into the 90's for some reason. o. O

1|0
    1|0
  • i like chockers but not the type you posted above.. i like the velvet or faux leather ones

3|0
    0|0
  • I think they look really nice. They add a youthful modern touch. We all know chokers are a fad and seen about everywhere, but I think they look good despite the lack of uniqueness or orginality. Some chokers look more stylish and expensive than others, thus they're not nearly as overrated.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate chokers. Especially that ugly style like in the pictures here. I would maybe where a pearl choker or a diamond choker to a party, but not that ugly style that's just metal.

2|0
    1|0
  • Not over rated. Many people especially teens tend to wear them for the wrong reasons and miss represent them.

1|1
    2|0
  • I do not like them for some reason. I didn't like them even when I had a style quite close to goth.

1|0
    0|0
  • lol I like them. I'm wearing one in my picture that was taken today.

1|1
    0|0
  • I really like chokers.. I think that's obvious when you look at my profile picture lol..

1|0
    0|0
  • no they are less popular than they were this past year actually

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a few myself, but they're not the best thing in the world.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are nice but id rather wear a collar.

2|1
    1|0
  • I wear them a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, love them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they're cute

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like them not my style

1|0
    0|0
  • I like wearing them

1|0
    0|0
  • they

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I like them, everytime I go out I wear one.

1|0
    0|0
  • sooo 1990s

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes