Why do girls wear makeup?

For me I prefer the natural look waaaay more than a fake look so I can't think of many reasons to wear makeup except perhaps dressing up for an act (like a clown) or for a photoshoot.

interested for your opinion

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• for any of the following reasons:
    - we're insecure about our facial features and want to cover the flaws up
    - we want to wear it to "fit in" with other girls
    - we think guys will like us more
    - it makes us feel more beautiful
    - we think it makes us more attractive (depending how a girl wears it)

and many more reasons :)

i personally don't wear it because i have allergic reactions, and i prefer to not look like I'm really insecure about my face (even though i am extremely insecure about everything in me)

1|1
    0|0
    • thanks for the points

• Show All
    • that seems awful

• yah, it was. but i got over it because i honestly dont care if people dont like that i dont wear makeup because of allergies

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• looks nice

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer the natural look too, 100%

But not everyone is blessed with flawless skin and sometimes makeup is the easiest solution to covering up spots and blemishes or certain skin conditions.

It can also be fun, a lot of people do it because they want to be 'professional makeup artists' which I also can understand.

I do although, find it a bit misleading when people contour here, there and everywhere and do all sorts to their face to the point where it looks like a different person..

And obviously umpla lumpa isn't really a look I'd recommend..

I use to be pretty bad back at school because I was super self conscious about my skin. I tried everything to get acme free skin but nothing worked! So I resorted to makeup.

But thankfully now I hardly wear it at all, apart from lipstick and eye makeup which I think is alright always - aslong as it's not crazy amounts (unless like you said it's for an act or something)
    My boyfriend played a huge part in my face going from fakey and cakey to natural and free. I guess all it took was for someone to be able to see past my bad skin.

I say embrace your face! Don't hide it
    And less is more.

1|1
    0|0
    • thanks for your opinion. it's pretty close to mine

• I only wear make up when I do a play or take school pictures. I feel like it's is a sign of insecurity. I'll admit, I have A LOT of blemishes, but my next guy (or anybody for that matter) will just have to like me for me :)

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for your opinion. this is the same as me, except I'm the guy not the... you get the idea

• So that you can't see my puffy eyes and lack of eyebrows.
    You men always say you hate makeup, but you really like NATURAL makeup, not no makeup. No makeup would send most of you guys running for the hills, or at least wondering if we are always sick.

2|0
    0|0
    • actually I do like the no makeup

• Show All
    • I'll admit this is making women who wear makeup seem very shallow and insecure. I thought most women had you know, good reasons for wearing makeup.

• Probably. I dunno I don't wear makeup 😂

• I wear it to look extra nice whenever I feel the need to. Is it that hard to believe that a girl wears makeup because she likes it?

0|1
    0|0
    • no, not hard to believe at all.

But an extra question for you. What would you say to a guy who viewed wearing makeup as a negative?
      as in what your doing to look extra nice actually makes you less appealing to this guy?

• Show All
    • cool, thanks for your opinion

• You're very welcome.

• Funny you say you prefer tge natural look because I feel like men say this but don't really know what they are talking about. I get injections in my lips and guys always say "omg I love your lips they are soo sexy" but then they say t he y love natural lol. And when I wear makeup guys are all over me. But they love natural it just dosent make sence.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Yea you say that and you might really feel that way but I guarantee you that there are girls with big fake boobs that have a good boob job and look natural girls who have injections that look natural and fillers in their face that you can't tell is there but it makes them look really good and if they didn't have it they wouldn't be as pretty, I guarantee u that you find them sexy you just don't know that they have work done.

• yeah, in many cases there's no way of telling if a person had surgery or not

• Of course you prefer no makeup so you can see how she really looks, but you also prefer pretty, so women try to look prettier with makeup; and if it's subtle makeup and done right, it'll always make her look prettier and you probably won't even notice she's wearing it. You'll just not see her eyebrows and eyelashes are actually sparse and that she has dark circles and pale lips and doesn't have a natural glow to her face etc, for example.

0|0
    0|0
    • But of course there are women who wear makeup for other reasons; I'm talking about most women (that they just want to look prettier).

• Show All
    • Most women don't feel satisfied with just looking naturally pretty; they want to look as pretty as possible, since they know there are ways to reach it and that the better you look the more good chances you have. If their looks are not improved by hairstyle, makeup, clothes etc they feel as they are missing out. Many people say they want to look better for themselves and not for others, and that's right, it's for yourself, but only after it has been approved by others (if you were the only person in the world you wouldn't try to look better).

• thanks for sharing your opinion

• believe me when I go to uni I barely put any makeup on !! Ain't nobody got time for dat!
    but it's more like a relaxed thing to do and enjoy

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont wear makeup anymore. I'm allergic to the foundation and powders. I get mistaken that I look 13 when I'm 25 since I stopped wearing makeup.
    I do not mind looking younger, but dark circles bother me. Do guys notice this?

0|0
    0|0
    • me: I probably wouldn't notice, or mind if I did.
      other guys: I'm not other guys so I don't know

• It's all good, I was wondering from one's perspective and not everybody! Thank you for giving your input Jae!

• I wear it personally for self-esteem. I don't wear a whole ton though.

2|1
    0|0
  • Why do dudes think we wear makeup for them? We wear it because it's fun to experiement and try new things. So what if ya think they look like clowns? Not everything is about impressing the opposite sex🙈

0|0
    0|0
    • just to clarify I don't think women wear makeup and look like clowns.

I think people wearing makeup to play a part in a movie or play, etc or dressing up as a clown is a perfectly good reason for wearing makeup

• i don't wear a lot of it, but its fun to put on and i feel more confident

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care what guys prefer. I wear make up because it's fun, therapeutic to put on and it makes me feel good about myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, cause I'm a girl, and am not all about makeup. l very rarely wear that junk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I like to enhance features I don't like. I agree that girls wearing a bunch of product look odd but I fully support natural makeup

0|0
    0|0
    • not sure as though I fully understand the natural makeup, but thanks for your opinion

• Beats me. xD

0|1
    0|0
  • The natural look is a look ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys do not like my acne scars.
    Shut up Lmfao

0|0
    0|0
  • cus i like it and i dont care what you think

0|0