What do you think about back tattoos?

I would like to get a tattoo, only one. I do not like it to be on constantly visible places like arms, neck, chest, legs. I have a little belly bump so I dont want it on my sides under armpits, so i thought the best place is to get on shoulder blade but if it is on left or right then it can be seen easily with sleeveless tops. I don't always wear back-revealing clothes, and if i wear, i have a very long hair so it covers my back. so I thought I want one between shoulder blades in the middle. A stag symbolizing power, wisdom, and strength to remind myself of hard times i managed to come through and still alive. The one like the on on the photo, nothing too big. I want it to be black not something colorful as colors fade away and may look ugly. What do you think?
What do you think about back tattoos?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I could talk about this all day. Here is my opinion:
    When i was 24, i decided to get my first tattoo. It's not super big but it did have a lot of details and hurt A LOT (because of the area i chose to get it on). I only wanted that one tattoo, nothing more. Even though it hurt like hell for 4 straight hours, as soon as i saw myself in the mirror, i knew i would get a second one. It becomes addictive. It's hard to explain. Currently i have 3 tattoos and want to get sleeves and my back covered. That's it. I don't like the idea of tattooing my legs because i don't shave them (i'm not very hairy and my leg hair is sort of like "my pride") and the abdomen region i'll never tattoo because it' s like the worst idea ever.

1|0
    0|0
    • And?

• I was trying to make two points, more or less:
      1. It doesn't matter what we think about the actual tattoo you're getting. Once you see it on your skin, it suddenly becomes the most amazing thing ever for you.
      2. You will most likely want another one after you get this tattoo.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a back tattoo~ an egyptian sundisc across the top :)

Your idea sounds really lovely :) Though personally I think that area looks better with bigger tattoos ^_^

1|0
    0|0
    • It's not going to be as small as the one in photo. I agree that it would be nice to have a larger one. However, I meant nothing big like all my shoulder/back like Michael Scofield. Lol :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Grear tattoo design, but maybe slightly lower if you don't want it to show in street clothes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Kind of thinking the same maybe on the line of those two dimples that the girl on photo has.

• Jagermister? Tat deer looks very similar to a German Whisky brand

0|0
    0|0
  • they are very sexy

2|0
    0|0
  • My step aunt had a back tattoo I don't mind

1|0
    0|0
  • copy cat wanna bes.

0|0
    1|0
  • i think slut... but in a good way they are hot

1|0
    0|0
  • Something small is good. Anything bigger is a no for me

1|0
    0|0
  • i think if i ever got a tattoo, right now, i would get one on my right rib, saying "and beyond". the girl i like right now, has a phrase on her left rib saying "to infinity", and i thought it'd be cute to add and beyond to my body. however, im terrified of needles, so im likely not going to

0|0
    0|0
  • The whole point of a tattoo is to be seen but not all the time so I think a back shoulder tattoo is good most times

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• It's not a bad idea. I have a back tattoo which usually does not show. However, it REALLY hurt compared to the one on my ankle.

1|0
    0|0
    • IF you have had brazilian wax can u compare

• Nothing really. I feel that people who have their skin exposed, whether there are tatts or not, for people to see it all in the open, wants compliments from other people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not really. I dont need attention or compliments I have enough. And i dont need approvals to lift my spirit because i have many other things for that.. that s why i am looking for a suggestion for less visible location other than shoulder blades. I have just gone through very hard times and i like stags in general. Plus i am a potterhead so i want it as symbol of those hard times, and a reference to jk rowling. so i wonder what others think

• Back is a good area to conceal your private marking

• I think that's a great location but a stag may confuse some male on lookers.
    As many consider it a symbol of masculine fortitude and an icon of virile power.

1|0
    0|0
  • i have a tramp stamp obove my butt cheeks, on my wrist and one above my breast that are visible in public.

1|0
    0|0
  • super cute! I have a tattoo on my shoulder blade back area. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not in2 tats, but if u like the art form, go ahead. I don't know about the pain level though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you are gettng.

1|0
    0|0
  • That sounds beautiful!

1|0
    0|0
  • My favorite they look very cool

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes