What do you think about back tattoos?

I would like to get a tattoo, only one. I do not like it to be on constantly visible places like arms, neck, chest, legs. I have a little belly bump so I dont want it on my sides under armpits, so i thought the best place is to get on shoulder blade but if it is on left or right then it can be seen easily with sleeveless tops. I don't always wear back-revealing clothes, and if i wear, i have a very long hair so it covers my back. so I thought I want one between shoulder blades in the middle. A stag symbolizing power, wisdom, and strength to remind myself of hard times i managed to come through and still alive. The one like the on on the photo, nothing too big. I want it to be black not something colorful as colors fade away and may look ugly. What do you think?
What do you think about back tattoos?

1010

Most Helpful Guy

• I could talk about this all day. Here is my opinion:
    When i was 24, i decided to get my first tattoo. It's not super big but it did have a lot of details and hurt A LOT (because of the area i chose to get it on). I only wanted that one tattoo, nothing more. Even though it hurt like hell for 4 straight hours, as soon as i saw myself in the mirror, i knew i would get a second one. It becomes addictive. It's hard to explain. Currently i have 3 tattoos and want to get sleeves and my back covered. That's it. I don't like the idea of tattooing my legs because i don't shave them (i'm not very hairy and my leg hair is sort of like "my pride") and the abdomen region i'll never tattoo because it' s like the worst idea ever.

• And?

• I was trying to make two points, more or less:
      1. It doesn't matter what we think about the actual tattoo you're getting. Once you see it on your skin, it suddenly becomes the most amazing thing ever for you.
      2. You will most likely want another one after you get this tattoo.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a back tattoo~ an egyptian sundisc across the top :)

Your idea sounds really lovely :) Though personally I think that area looks better with bigger tattoos ^_^

• It's not going to be as small as the one in photo. I agree that it would be nice to have a larger one. However, I meant nothing big like all my shoulder/back like Michael Scofield. Lol :)