I can't afford a bra, where do I go?

I wear a 32G bra. I am in no way overweight and I don't have much weight to lose. (Actually, the reason my bra size is so "big" isn't because I have big breasts, but because there's almost no fat over my ribs.) I also have somewhat finicky fit issues - for example, I need a bra where the cups are touching or almost touching, and if the wires are too tall I get stabbed in the armpit every time I bend over. So basically even a lot of bras in my size hurt.

The only lingerie store around here is Victoria's Secret, and they just try to shove me into a too-small bra. And even then they're expensive. I'm living on very little money and I just can't afford to pay more than about $30 for a bra if I want to keep paying rent and gas and all too. Is there anything I can do?
Updates:
Before someone says it: No, going braless is not an option. For one, I'd almost certainly be immediately sent home from work for being inappropriately dressed. Two, at a G-cup, doing anything more than fairly slow walking without a bra is not comfortable.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The cup size specifically refers to breast size. If you don't have large breasts you don't need big cups. I suggest that you go to a store that specializes in bras, like Lady Grace, and allow them to fit you properly.

Then, using the knowledge and experience you gain, buy the cheapest bra that they recommend. Use that bra as a guide to purchasing future bras. Buy bra without underwires to avoid the issue that you mentioned.

If that doesn't work, I recommend that you find a GaG member, preferably an older man, in his late 40s. Go to his house and let him help you. He'll make sure that you and all your needs, including bra needs, are taken care of.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cup size is a bit more than that. It refers to how much difference there is between the measurement around the bustline and the measurement around the underbust. So my 32G has the same absolute cup volume as, say, a 40C. It's just that because my underbust is so small the cup size is bigger. It's actually really common for women with small band sizes to have larger cup sizes without actually being that big in the bust.

The trouble is for most of these places, the cheapest bra they recommend for my size is $80+. I just can't do that.

• If you shop carefully with coupons and during sales you can get them for half that.

• I'm actually pretty knowledgeable about bras. Many of my girlfriend have been blessed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry hun, but for working with women with big boobs and undressing them as a Paramedic, a lot of big chested women would cry over me having to cut their bras off. Sometimes you have to special order hun.

Have you tried wrapping your boobs if you don't have money? Like they do in Africa or Asia?

Another things is there are websites where you sign up and get a "sugar daddy" lol no sex but you can request things like surgeries to bras and panties lol kind of low but shit if a guy is willing to pay for your bras why not? Lol

Good luck

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• i dont think a guy can be of any help in this domain we literally have no idea what ur talking about or how to solve it

0|0
    0|0
  • no Walmarts no nothing like that to find a just a regular bra

0|0
    1|0
    • "Regular bras" go up to a D-cup, maybe a DD. You're not going to find a 32G at any department store, or even many specialty lingerie shops.

• Show All
    • I understand but all I can do is look and help my little submissive we have problems finding her too very much larger

• that's reason I told you Macy's and Target to begin with

• Try city chic. You can shop there online store, it is great for girls with various proportions. My sister swears by it.

0|0
    0|0
  • is there anything you dont use you can maybe sell, your back must hurt too got any cream or anything help with that?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not really. Basically everything I have is something I need, other than my shitty old laptop which probably isn't worth much.

• can you just free ball it for a short while?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not with a job, certainly.

• I've got big hands...😉

0|0
    0|0
  • I want say u boyfriend lucky man

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you thought about having them reduced to a more manageable size? Health insurance normally covers it if they cause problems for you.

0|0
    0|0
    • They're actually not causing problems health-wise unless I walk around without a bra all the time. Bra size doesn't work the way a lot of guys think. It's not an absolute measure, it's a measure of how much bigger your bustline is than your ribcage. So girls like me who are tiny around the ribcage end up with a bigger cup size, not because we have objectively huge breasts but because it's a lot bigger than our ribcages.

What Girls Said 4

• I used to work in a lingerie store and sizes larger than DD in any band size were rare. All I can suggest would be to also look at underwire bikini tops on sale at the end of summer on stores like ASOS as you might be able to get something in your size a bit cheaper.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear a 32dd and got a decent bra off Amazon for like $18. I have a similar problem to you. Decent sized breasts but I have no fat on my rib cage

0|0
    0|0
  • Shop online

0|0
    0|0
    • I've tried, but pretty much every bra I've found online that's actually my size and shape is running $60+. Unless you count those little fashion things that don't provide any support.

• Oh, shopping for bras is annoying. they should be cheaper

• Amazon.
    I bought the best bra I've ever worn off amazon. And I own like 10 VS bras but I always go to the amazon bra.

0|0
    0|0
    • VS doesn't carry my size.

• Thats why i said amazon

• Yeah, I haven't really found anything on amazon that's much under the $60+ range, except for those stupid little fashion bras that don't do anything.

Recommended myTakes