Why do guys think girls are ugly without makeup?

Physical attractiveness is based on someone's facial features. Makeup doesn't change your face THAT much. I mean you can still see the shape of a persons features, how their nose and eyes are shaped, even through eye shadows and nose contour- up close.

So how can you think a girl looks so different without makeup compared to when she's wearing it? It doesn't make a huge difference. I don't understand how you can seriously think a girl is hot with makeup, but then ugly without?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experience, many women will not be able to understand how guys see physical attractiveness from out perspective. If you take 100 guys, we can generally agree on who we find attractive or not. But many hot women don't even realize they're hot, or think unattractive girls are hot.

Makeup can hide blemishes and imperfections. There's evolutionary aspects to it to that make it more attractive to men. Like women's lips tend to fill up with blood during the peak of her orgasms so red lipsticks for example can turn many guys on. This is not to say there are girls without make up who are not attractive, but make up if done right can definitely bump up their score.

0|0
    0|0
    • I tend to think most women are attractive despite me being straight.
      "ugly" girls aren't really ugly.

• Show All
    • Allow me to prove further. A lot of women think I'm pretty, for whatever reason. They says, for someone who wears NO makeup, I have a naturally pretty face.
      men, on the other had, can almost always agree that I am ugly.
      So, yeah.

• @TheChocolateWriter you are pretty,,,

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of girls think they are ugly without it, our faces were fine before we started obsessing over face clay and crayons. Bad skin is what makes us look bad, when I need a facial I look like a zombie, after I clean up and moisturize, I'm a princess.

0|0
    0|0
    • Facials have never made me look any different personally lol

• You think it doesn't. Keep your skin clean and fresh, it does make the difference. The most I'm complimented on is my skin. I even eaves drop on a girl saying she hates me but I have great skin. All of you is wrapped up in your skin, the greatest beauty secret is great skin.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I genuinely don't. If I can tell you're wearing any, it's too much.
    I'm happy to see any flaws or imperfections on a girls face, it's natural.
    Make up makes you look plastic in my opinion.
    Feel free to wear it for your sake, but not for mine. It's friggin expensive as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans dont naturally have blue circles around their eyes or shimmery highlighter on their cheeks, its pretty obvious, especially in those photos, when a girl is wearing makeup if pay close enough attention. That being said, Id say all 4 photos are top notch, if a girl can do their makeup really well and not cake it on, its hot. They can also be equally hot without makeup, I don't have a strong preference either way personally.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your missing the point. Its not the fact they are ugly without it.
    It just seems un natural as some people done like it. Sure it doesn't change physical apperance but come on. Its like false advertising. Have you seen other pics where girls are tottaly transformed with makeup?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because beautiful girls don't put a lot of make up, only ugly girls do that. And I think you these girls are awesome without makeup, but may keep some light makeup. You don't know what its like to sleep with a beautiful girls and wake up nest morning to know you slept with an ugly cow ( it raises sugar levels )

0|0
    2|0
  • I don't think any guy thinks girls without makeup is ugly, it's if there are flaws that may turn some off. Even I can get over acne, but some guys don't. If anything, there's also too much makeup. If it's used to emphasize natural beauty, such as skin-toned makeup and lip stick and less... other stuff, it's fine. Guys may prefer natural beauty over make up, but with few flaws.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of those are ugly without make up. Some women do appear ugly without it quite frankly because they are. Africa black women and women with pale skin w red hair and freckles usually look best without make up as they have fewer uneven skin tones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly feel like girls that are open to their imperfections have less insecurities to worry about and personally i love girls with makeup or without. I prefer no/light makeup if that makes her feel better but i never liked heavy makeup on a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • both girls look completely different to me with that much makeup on... I will always go for the girl who doesn't wear a lot or any at all

0|0
    0|0
    • they don't look that different

• the contrast of the skin, the eyelashes, the eyebrows etc..
      when you look at someone without makeup on you see a face and your eyes are pulled to see what you like the most about it. the point of makeup is to have things pop and cover up other stuff.
      so instead of seeing your beautiful eyes I see funny colors around it (totally missing your eye color) and way too thick eyelashes. instead of gorgeous freckles i see cover up and skin toner that stops magically at the neck and hairline lol. I don't care if you wear some makeup but if you go to far with it you definitely show me something that's not your true fave

• I don't think girls are ugly without make up. In the second pic the girl without make up looks the prettiest of the lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know how I know females are way more brainwashed than males?

Makeup.

Spending money to make your skin look better for a short time while actually damaging the skin in the long run. Why don't you focus on being healthy and showing off your naturally good looking skin? The girls in these pics look good in both honestly if a guy is too into heavy makeup it's because of advertising oh my fuck maybe men are as brainwashed as women LOL except there are more men that don't care, so few women don't wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • who cares... beauty is in being natural... I would run away from a female who is with too much make up

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all guys are the same. I like girls with or without makeup
    and it wouldn't matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really like her without makeup I want to wake up without makeup not good to bed with makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • Not particularly it depends on the girl and the kind of make-up there using and how they use it

0|0
    0|0
  • First girl looks 10 times better without makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • the most are beautiful without

0|0
    0|0
  • Some bitches are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • she looks good without

0|0
    0|0
  • Wrong question. Depends on the girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I would say the opposite on many occasions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the first girl is gorgeous in both pics.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I don't wear makeup to impress anyone. I wear makeup because it makes me feel more confident and I feel prettier. It also accentuates my features. I can never go out without eyeliner and concealer.

1|0
    0|0
  • a lot of guys make no sense about the whole makeup thing like I asked a question if I looked better with or without makeup and basically everyone said with but then I asked a question about if they thought it was fake when girls wear makeup and all the guys were saying they hated it that it was fake and they liked natural they really don't know what they want

0|0
    0|0
  • girls look more confident when wearing makeup because they usually feel more confident, confidence is something that I believe both men and women find attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. Unless it's TV-level makeup, it really doesn't change a girl's face that much.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think make-up (done well) helps accentuate positive features but shouldn't change someone's whole appearance.

1|0
    0|0
  • The pics you posted are a little over the top. The Normal or average doesn't doesn't wear their makeup like that everyday. The first girl aged at least 10-15 years. That's way too much for her and I'm. It ever going to get started on the second girl. Ans I don't think guys think girls are ugly without make up or hot with it. Most guys love girls without make up other guys don't mind it... they just don't find girls attractive when its caked on. A little bit can go a long way. Like the saying: less is more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cake, overdone makeup is ugly.
    The girls both with and without it are pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • jadey looks more beautiful without make up

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are

0|0
    2|0
  • I donno. I stopped caring.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes