In your opinion, does Western society have too high beauty standards?

This is something I noticed at least on GaG. Like, looks are most important thing to Westerners for everything.

Whereas in our (or any South Asian society: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc) society, the beauty standards are not as high as it is in Western society. Sure, fairness cream industry is big here. People just have pretty simple ideas :fair skin, not-out-of-shape body, decent physical features, no hair on armpit, legs and arms. When it comes to dating preference and such.

To look at West you see dating preference: no stretch marks, no hair anywhere except head and eyebrows, eyes of specific color, specific hair color, perky and perfect breasts, no frizzy hair and even thigh gap, even skin tone the list goes on.

So I want to know if it's exclusively GaG thing

Inspired by my answer to Cubstershura ' s question
Update: I forgot to mention the standard for guys.
Westerners seem to preference towards muscular men.

Whereas women here (and presumably in rest of the south asia) prefer men that are lanky.

1022

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm i think you are not having a realistic grasp of western culture... we are not that demanding

guys usually dont care about stretch marks...

also they dont mind if we have some hair on the arms.. even the genital are can have a bit of hair...

other than this i think the most important is being fit.

about eye colour hair colour etc... that depends on personal preference...

but i think it is not as demanding as you are thinking it is

where did you hear this from? mayb from internet or movies im guessing?