Are Dreadlocks ok for white people to wear or is it racist?

I’ve been curious. This has come up before so I’m just wondering what people think. Leave comment for why you think what you do.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C

1639

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you talking about cultural appropriation? Only racists and Marxists will claim that sort of thing is racist. Typically though it is going to be the Marxists that make that claim. They enjoy causing division and throw out false racism accusations. Trying to say that only certain groups should be allowed to do certain things is in fact racist. A persons race should have nothing to do with their culture, nationality, or religion, but these people like to pretend everything is about race. Besides dreadlocks have been independently invented by several different cultures. So no one culture can lay claim to it.

Do you ever wonder why the same people that complain about Cultural appropriation, are the same people that claim to love cultural diversity? It is because they want to keep different groups of people divided, to increase hostility and mistrust. If left to our own devices we would just intermingle and overcome our differences naturally over time. That is why they push for sudden integration faster than people can adapt, and then forbid them from adopting the culture of the other people. This is a tactic used to breed hatred. Which is why race relations have been getting worse throughout the western world. This in turn allows them greater control over peoples lives, to "keep the peace".

That said, it depends on your area, if it would be a good idea to try that out in public. There are some places where you might get accused of being a Nazi, and other areas where they just see it as an odd hairstyle choice. You have to be aware of your surroundings. My personal view however, is that it is not racist to enjoy another culture.

Most Helpful Girl

• How is it racist? Dreadlocks have been around for over 3600 years. Minoan's (from Greece) were one of the earliest civilizations with dreadlocks. Over the course of history, many different cultures and religions have worn them (including some forms of Buddhism). To classify them as "something only black people should wear" is naïve because they don't belong to any specific culture, they are only associated with them.