Are ripped jeans tacky?

I just bought my first pair of ripped jeans not too long ago and I like them so far. But then I started thinking, what is the point of the rips? Is it supposed to make jeans look cheap? They're just so artificial, not sure if I like that anymore.

Are ripped jeans tacky?Are ripped jeans tacky?

2846

Most Helpful Guys

• I have an old truck with holes rusted into the cab. Would you like to pay full price for it? It's not a beater, it's trendy!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• I like ripped jeans. They go with the “edgy” style that I like. The thing I don’t like about them is they rip more over time. I can’t deal with over-ripped jeans.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I think ripped jeans are sexy and a cute stylish way to reveal some skin when the weather isn't yet appropriate to go for shorts. It's only tacky and going overboard if it has rips in revealing places that reveals one's butt (Yes I've seen them and I joke that it must be the worse if the person passes gas lmfao)

I love ripped jeans (such as the example posted) so much that I personally create my own rips in old worn out jeans at times.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE