Do huge glasses make us unattractive?

Do huge glasses make us unattractive?

36119

Most Helpful Guy

• Attractive people make unattractive look attractive... Do you understand?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 118

• The old "wisdom' was that "men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." (Dorothy Parker, 1925) However, that is obviously false, or there would be huge retirement villages for all the girls who wear glasses and never had a boyfriend, never got married, etc.

How glasses complement or detract from a girl's face is largely a subjective matter, like blondes vs. brunettes vs. redheads or big boobs vs. little boobs. I have dated women who wear glasses and some of them really looked sexy when wearing their glasses and some of them looked less attractive. On the same woman, a pair of glasses may look good or bad depending on how she is dressed and how her hair is styled, etc. A petite girl with short blonde hair and huge horn-rimmed glasses would look rather silly but she may look very sexy in smaller framed glasses.

However the glasses work on a woman, when it is time for romance, the glasses need to come off. They get in the way when passionately kissing. There is something about me removing a girl's glasses that implies that she is more vulnerable without the glasses and that she trusts me. . . and that is a huge tun on!

• I was going to post a pic of Lynda Carter in such glasses, but they don't look nearly as hot as the photo chriscdi posted.

• I feel personally, this trend of clear glasses, huge frames, are some misguided admiration to the 1980s when style of sunglasses were merely functional and lacked style, because what they are emulating wasn’t a style back then, it was merely functional, which feels very much, misguided

• Yeah. It’s cool for pictures and stuff. But realistically it’s kind of annoying and distracting. Sure it might be cute for like 3 seconds but I don’t prefer they stay on. Glasses aren’t cute other than for looks. But practically they’re always in the way of you actually need them. And needing them to visually see is old and annoying too. So why wear giant frames that we make fun of our elders for wearing 30 years ago?
    Can’t this generation just be a little less superficial :/

• It all depends on the presentation. Pair them with a retro hairdo or some retro clothing and they'll really make you stand out in a good way. Pair them with frumpy clothing and messy hair, and it's going to just make you even frumpier, in my opinion

• More from Guys
    113

What Girls Said 36

• Depends on your face shape and overall how you look like lol

• Its a gentle answer

• Well it's the truth, not everyone can wear glasses, I look really stupid with them have a small face and glasses just don't fit to me and make me look even worse

• No but I do think they can take away from a person's face, cause you notice the glasses first. You still see their face but the glasses over power it, once they take the glasses off it puts more attention to their face. I still think big glasses are cool though if people want to wear them.

• I don't think they make a person unattractive, but it depends. It has to fit your face of course. Also for some people it looks better with glasses. To me it can look as though the person took more care of themselves

• I wear glasses and i've been told I look like a sexy librarian in the past! I'd hope that was a compliment. Lol

I've had guys tell me they love the glasses! I've also had guys see me without glasses and go wow you should go without glasses more often. I personally like my glasses so they are here to stay. But it really depends on the guy.

Who cares what guys think though, just do whichever makes you feel more comfortable in your own skin!!

• No. But the style of glasses is important. Some glasses don't compliment a person's facial features

• More from Girls
    31