Do huge glasses make us unattractive?

Do huge glasses make us unattractive?

36119

Most Helpful Guy

• Attractive people make unattractive look attractive... Do you understand?

What Guys Said 118

• The old "wisdom' was that "men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." (Dorothy Parker, 1925) However, that is obviously false, or there would be huge retirement villages for all the girls who wear glasses and never had a boyfriend, never got married, etc.

How glasses complement or detract from a girl's face is largely a subjective matter, like blondes vs. brunettes vs. redheads or big boobs vs. little boobs. I have dated women who wear glasses and some of them really looked sexy when wearing their glasses and some of them looked less attractive. On the same woman, a pair of glasses may look good or bad depending on how she is dressed and how her hair is styled, etc. A petite girl with short blonde hair and huge horn-rimmed glasses would look rather silly but she may look very sexy in smaller framed glasses.

However the glasses work on a woman, when it is time for romance, the glasses need to come off. They get in the way when passionately kissing. There is something about me removing a girl's glasses that implies that she is more vulnerable without the glasses and that she trusts me. . . and that is a huge tun on!

• I was going to post a pic of Lynda Carter in such glasses, but they don't look nearly as hot as the photo chriscdi posted.

• I feel personally, this trend of clear glasses, huge frames, are some misguided admiration to the 1980s when style of sunglasses were merely functional and lacked style, because what they are emulating wasn’t a style back then, it was merely functional, which feels very much, misguided

• Yeah. It’s cool for pictures and stuff. But realistically it’s kind of annoying and distracting. Sure it might be cute for like 3 seconds but I don’t prefer they stay on. Glasses aren’t cute other than for looks. But practically they’re always in the way of you actually need them. And needing them to visually see is old and annoying too. So why wear giant frames that we make fun of our elders for wearing 30 years ago?
    Can’t this generation just be a little less superficial :/

• It all depends on the presentation. Pair them with a retro hairdo or some retro clothing and they'll really make you stand out in a good way. Pair them with frumpy clothing and messy hair, and it's going to just make you even frumpier, in my opinion

• If she's sexy and the glasses fits then she'll make the glasses look sexy. Then my mind will tell me "I think the glasses make her look sexy" and my dick will say "I think so too"

• I think they're ridiculous on men or women. I don't get where the whole huge glasses thing has come from - it's unnecessary and looks really stupid. Nothing wrong with glasses in general just over-sized ones are ridiculous.

• I am BIG into women wearing glasses. For me it makes a woman more attractive. I think it is totally sexy.

• It would not be my first choice but if it suits your style it doesn't change your attractiveness only makes you more exclusive because it's not everyone's cup of tra

• If they help your vision no, but if they're like those "Bug-eyed" shades than yes.

• Depends on your fashion sense, what u paired the glasses with, and the fashion sense of the person observing and judging your outfit.

I'd say wear what you want man, someone is gonna think its ugly and somebody is gonna think its beautiful

• No. Any glasses on females are sexy. I love it💗💗🔥🔥

• It depends. Just today I was looking at a girl with big glasses and thinking how good she looked. I think it can add some personality as long as the shape of the glasses fit the shape of the face.

• You mean like these, yea they are attractive, i like them 😁

• Depends on the shape of the face,
    My girlfriend has one big sun glasses and she looks like a cool kid😎 but I wonder 🤔 why she isn't using it anymore?

• Not necessarily, but the hair has to be worn away from the face or you have the appearance of being walled off.

• fashion is fashion
    large frames are in this season next year it will be no frames
    people go with the current trends understand glasses are an extension of your personality like if you prefer to wear torn jeans instead of not torn

• No... but I usually don’t like the look...

See, I never got the concept of high heels other than to be taller. To me, if you’re gorgeous already, they may add to an overall look, but I would say a woman who is gorgeous would be gorgeous without always needing heels... yet a lot of the time, we men get blamed for them. If I’m not attracted to you in the first place, then wearing heels isn’t going to suddenly make me turn my head. Wearing big glasses, like wearing weird shoes, might take away a tiny bit, but it’s not going to really keep me from being interested... nor would it make me suddenly interested if I’m not into her.

There’s a girl I know who wear huge glasses. She’s gorgeous with them, and gorgeous without. I think it’s an unusual look, and if I was giving advice, I would not recommend them... but she is beautiful either way.

• No. It makes you more attractive, in the sense that it gives you a sense of intellect... It also makes it easier for me to approach, since wearing glasses makes you seem less vain, in that you aren't afraid to show that you have imperfections.

• No they dont, If you like them and like wearing them then that's all you need. it's your confidence while wearing them that makes you attractive.

• More from Guys
    98

What Girls Said 36

• Depends on your face shape and overall how you look like lol

• Its a gentle answer

• Well it's the truth, not everyone can wear glasses, I look really stupid with them have a small face and glasses just don't fit to me and make me look even worse

• No but I do think they can take away from a person's face, cause you notice the glasses first. You still see their face but the glasses over power it, once they take the glasses off it puts more attention to their face. I still think big glasses are cool though if people want to wear them.

• I don't think they make a person unattractive, but it depends. It has to fit your face of course. Also for some people it looks better with glasses. To me it can look as though the person took more care of themselves

• I wear glasses and i've been told I look like a sexy librarian in the past! I'd hope that was a compliment. Lol

I've had guys tell me they love the glasses! I've also had guys see me without glasses and go wow you should go without glasses more often. I personally like my glasses so they are here to stay. But it really depends on the guy.

Who cares what guys think though, just do whichever makes you feel more comfortable in your own skin!!

• No. But the style of glasses is important. Some glasses don't compliment a person's facial features

• Welcome to Gag Town and Best of Luck.
    Glasses, Sun glasses, The Bigger the Better are In. xx

• NOPE! I think it makes people cute I don't know maybe its just me HAHAA

• Depends on the person, but I prefer to see more of people's faces.

• Some girls suit big glasses.

• No I love glasses i don't care what anyone else thinks😂

• No. Never on me and I saw many girls rock them well

• They hide your face but if you have an ugly one go for It

• It depends on your face shape. Not every glasses shape suits every face shape

• I’ve got “nerd” glasses as they’re the only ones that suit me... guys find them so attractive on me for some reason! 😅

• If they don’t fit your face right, yes. Also glasses with no lenses make anyone look ugly and wack

• they can look retro if you wear them the right way!

• It either makes you look like

An SJW
    A hipster
    A nerd

• Big glasses are unattractive if they don’t fit your face.

• Absolutely NOT.. in my opinion it's depends on his taste

• i think glasses can be cute!

• More from Girls
    16