Do you think men and women have a significantly different idea of what an attractive man looks like?

Yes, I know each individual has their own unique sense of what attractiveness looks like in a man. But for the sake of this question, if based on a study an attractive male would be constructed, would the men's and women's attractive man look the same or different? What do you think are the biggest differences, if there are any?

I did a question concerning an attractive woman as well. Do you think men and women have a significantly different idea of what an attractive man looks like?
Updates:
Sorry, I forgot to add the poll. 😩

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think overall people and especially the media has projected an image which says "attractive men look like X" and that's shoved in everyone's face all the time. So I think anyone in the same area would think the same kind of man is attractive. But if the feed and societal projection changes. So does the perception. Thats why you have different attractions for different cultures. Nations. Continents. It's all about what people are told is attractive. It's stupid but in my experience it shows to be true.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Never thought about it, I think the individual differences would be too different to get a definitive answer. Same as for women.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• I feel like men in general are more vain, and care about looks more while women care about personality more, and so I feel like because of that men want to be as chiseled and big as possible when I women can get freaked out when you look to much like a bodybuilder, but being in shape is till important.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s interesting. I -believe- men’s claims are backed up by studies asking men which person they find attractive, women’s are not. When women are actually asked which man is more attractive they apparently choose much higher levels of muscle than they claim to like.

I get the impression women feel pressure to not seem superficial.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well kinda. Women will talk to other women about their ideal boyfriend and stuff but not really to men.

• @Lisaaaaa When I say 'asked' I mean like studies done where women say which photo is more attractive, they seem to pick higher muscle levels.

• I mean, they feel pressure to feel not seem superficial around men

• I think it is very different yes. Personally I would have no clue what girls like in me besides my height. I am probably a less hairy version than the right with long hair and taller and I don't get much girls checking me out (as far as I know). So I assume this is not the preference.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be stright men might not be as good as guessing to which guy is more attractive, just as girls might not be as good as guessing which girl is more attractive.

Other than I do remember different perspective when it comes to bodies. Men guessed about 20lbs bigger in weight ie more muscular than women. Same as women guessed 20lbs lower in weight, ie underweight.

I personally doubt it there is significant difference because otherwise women would let known.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is superficial and pointless bullshit society has shoved down the populaces throat in order to push some sort of perfect human agenda that makes those with imperfections feel like monsters and puts those lucky enough to not have problems on a pedestal and spoils em rotten the sooner the idea of beauty dies the sooner humans start looking past their petty differences and start trying to care for each other without bias

0|0
    0|0
  • Not quite sure but women who are out of shape typically find Calvin Klein model body attractive but what they tell themselves or other people would be quite different

1|0
    1|0
  • There has been a great deal of scientific data amassed that proves this. Men think that women want a man who can physically overpower other men. Women actually want a man who looks like he would be very good at caring for them and for children.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you mean do men have a different idea of what a woman would find attractive in a man than a woman would then I think that might often be the case yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg. You are so beautiful. I wanna be your slave. Please dominate me in the message and humilate me. I would do everything for you goddess.

0|1
    2|2
  • I think males are much more realistic about it but still off.

0|1
    0|0
  • @witherwing Except which one is supposed to be which? As in guys' vs. girls' ideal? You didn't include that either this time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Left is men's opinion, right is women's opinion.

• Show All
    • Was kind of kidding, but anyway... eh? Not really. There's nothing wrong with people trying to be above average, and perhaps if more of us tried, peoples' attraction to each other would be stronger.

• Yes A looks much better. I'm glad that women like B though if true.

• body wise I'm kinda like the guy on the left, different face and hair obviously and I get plenty of attention from women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno, same answer as on the other one. It depends partly on gender and partly where you live and partly on just the person themselves

0|0
    1|0
  • Kind of.. I'm kinda overweight and this girl told me it was actually hot to her.. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I gotta have my abs idc if a girl finds it sexy or nah

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a little but I would think it's pretty similar

0|0
    0|0
  • Women ignore attraction while men feed off it

0|0
    0|0
    • If what you mean is women dont care whats on the outside, your wrong

• What I mean is women do see when a man is attracted to them by denying it exsist thus the perception of attraction is different. And whats outside is the same for both men and women but women dont look onside at first glance. They have romantic ideas instead of reality and can't see the real guy.

• are they both at least 6'0 ft tall?

0|1
    0|0
  • Left is the handsome one for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea what an attractive man looks like.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Well, in the pic case is pretty obvious that the first one is the attractive one.
    I wish he was a little hairier though, never been a fan of shaven men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Attraction is very subjective anyway so it’s difficult to pin down one specific ideal

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t like either of these. Where are the dark curls?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I would say so

0|0
    0|0
  • Drawer... I mean DOOR #1, Monty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Different

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t care

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think so, because beauty and attractiveness is quite relative. And how would it be different?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes