Do Men’s Hair Usually Turn Gray Before Women’s Hair?

Chris Pine is 38 rich man, and his hair is already turning gray, my mother will be 45 this year and only has two gray hairs on the top of her head. I don’t think there’s a man over 55 who doesn’t have gray hair. Do Men’s Hair Usually Turn Gray Before Women’s Hair?Do Men’s Hair Usually Turn Gray Before Women’s Hair?
  • Yes men’s hair does usually turn gray before women’s hair
    Vote A
  • No men’s hair doesn’t usually turn gray before women’s hair
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
bestlifeonline.com/.../ www.fatherly.com/.../ multiple articles support my theory. Actually proves it.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes men’s hair does usually turn gray before women’s hair

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am only 22 and I already have a couple of white hairs.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• As far as I know, gender doesn't play a part in it. Women do tend to dye their hair too, but anyway, if I recall correctly, gender doesn't make your hair lose pigmentation, greying is based on genetics, natural hair color and nutrition/lifestyle.

0|2
    0|0
    • Gender does definitely play a role in hair longevity. And so? Men dye their hair too. You can still tell someone’s hair color by their body hair.

• Show All
    • I said "gender doesn't play a part in it." It, being grey hair.

• Either way, the articles and the billions of people in the world prove my point. You search up different older men and older women I bet you will see more men with gray hair.

• Men on average start getting grey hair around their early thirties. Women on average start getting grey hair around thirty-five. The big difference is that far more women dye their hair than do men, so this give the appearance of women going grey much later.

0|2
    1|0
    • Actually that depends on race too. However it Doesn’t matter if women dye their hair more mens hair still goes gray beforehand, and you guys hair literally destroys itself, and you can look at Body hair, wish you people would stop saying this stupid example.

• I don't think so, dying is much more common among women, even at young ages, let alone when they get gray/white hair, even in your mother's case it likely that she forgot to two of her hairs, and it's not like she looks like that naturally.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, it's just that men are far less likely to dye their hair. Focus on the roots and you'll see just as many women are gray.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe a bit earlier in average. On my father's side men usually get gray hairs on their 60s and even then not much. My grandfather died a year ago in the age of 81 and over 95% of his hair was still dark.

1|0
    0|0
  • It has to do with genes and hormones most likely. Testosterone helps cause baldness so I imagine the same goes with hair. If you injected a woman with testosterone she would probably start balding given enough time.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s not what articles and facts say, and it’s not regular testosterone that causes baldness, it’s dehtestosterone, it’s spelled something like that.

• Who knows. I googled it but I got so many annoying results about shit I am not trying to read lol.

• You do know that her hair is dyed right? She is definitely not 85 with blonde hair. Everyone develops gray hair at different paces. It all depends on genes. Just like a guy can be bald at 20 vs a guy who's 40 and his hair is starting to recede.

0|0
    0|0
    • You don’t know that. It’s possible for older women to have all their natural hair color.

• I know for a fact that she is dyeing her hair. I think what is more impressive is to see the man or woman younger than their age.

• I’m a hair dresser and in my opinion more women color their hair then men. So you just don’t see the gray in their hair. Like highlights, when the roots start to grow out the gray hairs blend in with the blonde. I color 100 women’s hair to maybe 1 mans hair. Jus my personal opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well you can easily look at someone’s body hair and see what’s going on so, what you said changes nothing. Articles and stats say this is true.

• Show All
    • There is no evidence that men get gray before women. Most likely hair coloring is more common in women than men.

Hair goes gray when color-producing cells stop producing pigment, says Jeffrey Benabio, MD, a dermatologist at Kaiser Permanente in San Diego. Naturally occurring hydrogen peroxide can also build up in the hair, bleaching the color.

Typically, white people start going gray in their mid-30s, Asians in their late 30s, and African-Americans in their mid-40s. Half of all people have a significant amount of gray hair by the time they turn 50.

A white person is considered to be prematurely gray if his or her hair turns gray by age 20; gray before 30 is early for African-Americans.
      Medical Problem?
      Going gray, by itself, does not mean you have a medical problem, except in rare cases.

Contrary to popular belief, stress has not been shown to cause gray hair. etc

• Yes there is. I put that evidence in the updates. Testosterone accelerates destruction of hair.

• Probably, on average. My ex started going grey before she was 30, though, and I didn't have any grey until I was close to 40.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom started getting gray hair in her 20’s, my dad only started getting gray hair in his late 50’s! I think I probably won’t get any until my late 30’s or 40’s!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's generally true but hard yo say. Women are mote likely to die their hair to hide the gray than men. My grandpa didn't have any gray hair until he was in his 70s,

0|0
    0|0
  • I turned gray decades ago and my wife is just starting to get gray. Of course, you never know who is coloring their hair - - - - -

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

You could easily know who’s coloring their hair, 1 colored hair looks different, 2 you could look at their body/facial hair and see if it’s gray as well

• It all depends on genetics, it has nothing to do with gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a few , even white hairs...
    But that's hereditary

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because women cause us a lot of stress

0|3
    0|0
  • Have you heard about women colouring their hair?

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so. Really dark hair goes gray faster.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who knows women are always dying their hair

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes