How many of us have stretch marks somewhere on our body?

I have some around my hips from growing fast when I was younger. I think everybody has some, even models but it seems like lots of people are insecure about something I think is normal. So how many of us have stretch marks and if you feel like giving info feel free to say where and from what?
  • I have stretch marks
    Vote A
  • I do not have stretch marks
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Guys are answering but not voting for some reason lol. Maybe girls are doing the same though. Girls that answered did you also vote?

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I have stretch marks on my inner thighs, it's like. The most annoying thing. I also have them a little on my butt (ugh) and some on my legs. Since I do track I have to wear these really short shorts and people ask me how I got them. I honestly have no idea how I got them, and it's really strange. I'm like, 14. I've had them since I was 12 and I was never fat or last any significant weight like that. I think they're from running so much? Probably. I really don't know, but they are starting to fade a little. People look at them, and I just pretend they're not there. Lots of other people I know have them on their arms and shoulders and all the way down their legs. So... yeah. I don't really try that hard to cover them. They're normal. I've never seen a guy with stretch marks around here, though. They often have it on their arms from lifting weights so much. That's what I've heard. Anyways, stretch marks are nothing to be ashamed of, I feel.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 121

• I have stretchmarks pretty much everywhere, but they're all old. They've faded to white now, and I'm really pale so they're not super visible unless you're up super close to them. And of course I notice, since I see them every day. =P

1|1
    0|0
  • My butt grew really fast during my first season in track... for that reason, I have stretch marks on my butt, despite being only 105 lbs haha. Which goes to show that ANYONE can have stretch marks, no matter how skinny you are. It's not a cause for insecurity.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have stretch marks on my butt that'll go all the way down to my calfs slowly reducing and matching more with my skin color. But I find it super embatasding come summer when I'm in my bathing suit,but I attribute it to fast height growth because I'm not big. I'm actually pretty slender :/ and I did vote too :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes... they're everywhere. My boobs, thighs, hips, stomach, arms, shoulders, armpits, calves. I'm probably 70% covered with stretch marks. Maybe a little less than that. At first I was really upset about it but I'm starting to not care as much. When I show someone they usually are shocked. :l

1|1
    0|0
  • boobs, butt, inner thighs, and side of tummy

BEAT THAT!

i think I grew too fast too because I've always been chubbyish...i was in elementary/middle so I don't remember much :(

i don't like it on me but I don't mind others having it.

0|1
    0|0
    • its obvious all the girls voted since there's 9 comments and there are more than 9 votes lol

• I have stretch marks on my thighs because I am a CURVY WOMAN!

I used to be self-conscious about them, but then I learned that so many people have them too! And I figure if there's nothing I can do to get rid of them I might as well accept them! Can't waste your time fretting over things you can't fix. I also used to have them on my butt, but they faded years ago and are hardly noticeable now. So that gives me confidence that the ones on my thighs will fade as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think everyone does or will at some point in their lives. The models usually get them covered up/air brushed. People are mislead about stretch marks, they don't always mean that you're overweight. Stretch marks occur when your skin either expands or contracts (becomes smaller) in a small amount of time. So if you loose 10 pounds for a week for a few months, chances are you'll have some sort of stretch marks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boobs, arms, lower back, hips, inner thighs, and booty.

I despise them, you have no idea.

When I was 10 I had a neurological disorder and my hormones went crazy and I also grew way too quickly. Plus I was wheel chair bound for over a year so I gained some weight. Once I could walk again I lost the weight though, but after going through hell and back my reward were ugly white scars all over me :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah same here, I don't think there's anything wrong or abnormal about a person having stretch marks; it's just a part of life really. Mine are mostly from when I went through puberty since I developed pretty fast, except I'm so pale that they're pretty hard to see. But they're definitely there (inner thighs, bust, and a little bit on the sides of my hips) and that fact doesn't bother me one bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shoulders, boobs, hips, all around the tops of my legs, my lower back and worst of all, horrific ones down my stomach... I struggle with my weight. I used to be a lot bigger than I am when I was a child, but I've put on a bit of Christmas weight haha... I've never got rid of them though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 33

• I have stretch marks all around my mouth from stuffing big wads of food in it for the past 56 years. Do I care?

6|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much everyone, I think.

I have a few faint ones on my hips from a growth spurt (although I used to think they were caused by my undercrackers being too tight XD).

Even have some small ones on my hand from when I dislocated my thumb (it got bent right back and stretched the skin a bit).

0|0
    0|2
  • I don't have any at all. I gained a lot of weight (muscle) over the past 8 months and I still don't have any.

I guess I just have good genetics? My dad used to weight train for sports, he was fairly large and he doesn't have any either (thanks parents for the good DNA).

0|0
    2|0
  • I have a few from a major growth spurt as a kid. There are some on my back. Also on the inside of my upper thighs. I have one huge one that looks like a knife wound next to my junk. I think it looks cool.

Never thought twice about em on a girl. I don't mind at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if I do or not. I rarely look at myself in the mirror short of getting ready in the morning for work (takes less than 10 minutes). I'll ask someone special to look me over when I see her to determine if I indeed have stretch marks or not.

I have a crap load of scars though. I was an active kid plus I mark easily.

I do find stretchmarks a bit sexy. It is a natural process and curvy women have them. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I have tears in the arm-chest area from working out, also in the upper thighs. I actually thinks it looks pretty cool as it has a special "design", I wouldn't remove it if I could. I know a lot of people feel very bad about their stretch marks though...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy and really not that self conscious about stretch marks, I think it is more a womans problem when they get fatter by eating to much or a pregnancy.

0|0
    4|1
  • I used to have stretch marks when I was having my growth spurts; they were on my hips. But they've pretty much gone away. Except when I get a full body tan, they become slightly visible again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have both stretch marks and shrink marks. I have them around my arms where I have been building muscle and around my midsection where I have lost a lot of weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've got a few. Around the shoulders, chest, and few small ones on my upper thigh :P. Definitely not something I go and show off, but no reason to be ashamed if them either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes