Light Sodas Don't Taste Good!

Hi and thank you for reading, this is my first my take and it's about light sodas.

So let's be straight. Everybody knows this, but most of the people don't have enough character to say this. Light sodas don't taste good. For example Coca-Cola is advertising that their no sugar version tastes as good as the original, but they are not even from the same planet. I bought a bottle of Sprite which had -30% sugar and calories, I couldn't even drink it. Sugar tastes sweet and really makes the soda what it is.

The human race has done some great things. For example, we've invented the television and landed on the moon. Yet still we have to face the reality, we are not ready for sugarless sodas, because we can't replace sugar. It was a good try, but our technology isn't ready for it yet.

Light Sodas Don't Taste Good!

Then I have a special message, especially for the overweight people out there. If you go to McDonalds and order the Double Quarter Pounder meal with extra fries, a couple donuts and a milkshake, you will gain weight even if you order that diet coke with no calories. Your struggles with that bad tasting diet coke will go to waste! Take rather the real coke and enjoy your life (or eating healthier would be even better).

105

Most Helpful Girl

• I can drink soda without any sugar at all, my favorite club soda is Canada dry. as well as carbonated drinks with low sugar but,(used to have a soda stream machine) make no mistake! coca cola was never meant to be "light" or"sugar free" in fact, as a die hard coke drinker, I would say that the best tastimg version of the product is "Mexican coke" with real sugar that comes in a glass bottle. I don't really know why it tastes better but, I have been drinking the carbonated beverage since the 1980's and for some strange reason it just tastes better when encased in glass rather than a plastic bottle and have tested my theory about this several times. soda is one of my childhood favorites that i have yet to give up and I really think you're right about diet sodas, they taste like crap. I never could get over the chalky after taste of those soft drinks. 😝 yuck

• It's actually even studied that soda tastes best from a gloss bottle or a can. I knew that at least you will agree with me. I think that sugar is a huge part of the taste.

• It really is. I don't think i could bring myself to drink my favorite Baja blast mountain dew soda if they were to reduce the sugar and slap a diet label on it. That's the only reason why go to Taco Bell is for those sodas.

• Some Pepsi is now being made with real sugar.

Most Helpful Guy

• I drink Green Cola with Stevia since i cut of the sugar from my life, it's have different taste but it's sweet and very good, even people with diabetes can drink it.

• But people who have diabetes, needs sugar. It might be decent but I like originals more.

• it's have sugar but it's natural that even diabetics can consume it try it once you will see

• I have tried it and I still prefer original. Normal Coca Cola is the most popular for a reason. That stevia is still pretty good for a light.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 9

• I don’t drink coke. I don’t like the taste and Pepsi (ims sorry Pepsi people) is worse, although I do drink sprite and I only drink the original (with sugar) it’s supposed to be a drink that you get at the end of the day when your trying to relax, and feeling that satisfying suger water slide down your throat is amazing. I don’t like the lite versions very much, but if others enjoy it than their clearly much healthier than me. 😂

• I actually only like diet drinks~ I find the full sugar version too sweet for me and makes me feel sick and like I've got a sugar covering over my teeth which is strange because I can eat endless amounts of chocolate and sweets!

• You gotta make yourself like them you get use to them and will dislike regular soda by the end

• I don't drink soda. Well not soda like that since 2012

• To each their own. I think diet sodas taste better than the sugary ones.

• Diet soda tastes better to me
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Yes because you live in an upside-down world. In a world where Manson is more handsome than models and sodas taste better without sugar.

• Noo. You are going down. Devil is waiting. 😂

• I can't see god liking Manson.

• No soda taste good

• in my opinion most sodas don't taste good.

• Great mytake

• Thank you! By the way, only one who think that way, don't dare to use her own name. ☺

• Well that's good. ☺

• :) :)

What Guys Said 4

• I agree. I have sampled many different diet sodas and none of them are nearly as good as their sugary predecessors.

• I know it will sound like preaching, but soda is a god awful beverage choice.

• Coca Cola zero tastes good

• Great take man