Why people should avoid sugary foods and drinks such as candy and soft drinks

Holy_Ghost_Fire

I will be sharing why people should refrain from eating and drinking things with high sugar content.

Candy

A lot of candy is bad for your body. It damages your teeth and the high sugar content in it also damages your blood and puts you at higher risk to develop diabetes. People should avoid sugar and only use it in rare situations when their blood sugar is too low. It should never be used long term. People should opt for nutritional bars with far less sugar for their energy if they really need it.

Soft Drinks

Soft drinks have a lot of sugar in them and even worse than that, it contains high fructose corn syrup. That ingredient is very dangerous. There are some soft drinks that uses other ingredients but the main soft drinks use it. Diet drinks are even worse as they contain aspartame, an ingredient known to cause brain tumors and Parkinson's disease. This led to making Michael J Fox's health decline over the years of his drinking of diet sodas. Water should be your main drink of choice.

Conclusion:

People like mistreating their body by damaging it using sugar. People need to learn to better protect their health and give up sugary foods and drinks. This will be a little start. While salty foods should be avoided also, at-least eliminating sugary foods and drinks, you are better protecting your health.

5
8

Most Helpful Guy

• burlen
    Anything eating in moderation is generally harmless to one's health, except in cases of allergy and medical condition.

I'm not a fan of the doctrine of absolutely giving up certain foods in the name of healthy eating. Eating a variety of foods in the right proportion and frequency is as important as it gets.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kavya190
    I agree! I don’t drink soda or eat candy
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

47
  • sejla
    I completely ruined my teeth with soda. I didn't really drink it until I was an adult and I used it to deal with stress. It might take years before the effects are noticeable. Just don't do it or only drink it very occasionally.
  • ThisDudeHere
    "it contains high fructose corn syrup. That ingredient is very dangerous."
    Okay, how though?
  • maihu
    I'm glad there are people who understand that many companies are just selling shit to us and labelling it as food. And Sugar is the worst kind of food from them all. Almost all packaged foods are damaging our bodies. There's dairy milk, a kind of chocolate which is very famous in my country, and it's 85% is fats and sugars, it's probably the worst kind of food I've ever seen.
    I want to urge every person who reads this post to check the nutritional facts given in every single packaged food item they eat, and then decide for themselves whether they think that food item is good for them. Most of our problems are coming from the unhealthy food we are eating. Eating healthy can solve 90% of our problems.
  • pizzalovershouse
    most candy but vegan is all fake ingredients so vegan is healthier but cost more an has diffrent sugar amounts to choose from
  • Edanurus
    Coke can clean pennies, what do you think it does to your teeth.
  • Therisinghero12
    Imma die anyways just please let me have this one thing ;P
  • Heaz99
    Great post!
  • Short but good take. 🌸💜🌸
  • Tressie
    The information you shared is really useful.
  • Avicenna
    Great advice, thanks
  • Snakeyes7
    That’s too damn bad I’m ingesting them anyway.
    • Then be stubborn. If you want to harm your body, then your body will not work as properly.