From Crock-Pot to "Instant Chef" Cooking Made Easy.

Get your easy cook on
Get your easy cook on

This take is for those who don't like to spend a lot of time cooking, don't have the time, or just don't know much about cooking.

Get your Crock-Pot on
Get your Crock-Pot on

In today's world, it can be hard to balance our busy schedules of work, chauffeuring your kids to multiple functions, etc. And sometimes, you just don't feel like cooking, or just don't have time. That's where crock pots come in handy. You can still have a great home-cooked meal that's healthier than fast food.

Fast food or real food?
Fast food or real food?

It seems quicker and easier to just get fast food, which is okay once in a while. But eating too much fast food can not only get tiring, it's not as healthy for you or your wallet.

Cooking food in a crock pot is great, because you can set it to cook before leaving the house and come home to a nice cooked meal. And, there's so many things you can make in a crock pot. And you don't have to know so much about cooking to prepare a great meal.

These are just some of the different things you can prepare and make in a Crock-Pot:

Meats

a lot of different kind of meats turn out juicy and tender in the Crock-Pot.

Chop some carrots, potatoes, and onions and throw them in and instant delicious meal.

Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes
Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes

It's hard to over cook meat in the crock pot. You can cook longer on low setting (usually 6-8 hrs) or shorter on high setting.(usually 4-6 hrs)

No overcooked pork
No overcooked pork

Pork roast can be easy to overcook or be more dry, tough cooked in oven,but always turns out very tender in the Crock-Pot. Just season your meat, with or without veggies.

Corned Beef
Corned Beef

Another great meat to make in the crock pot. Again throw in your veggies, and instant meal. Less dishes, clean up and taste just as great if not better.

Yummy juicy chicken
Yummy juicy chicken

Chicken is another great meat to make in the Crock-Pot. A tip though, if you don't want it to completely fall apart and have little bones mixed in with your meat is to place balled up pieces of aluminum foil on bottom of crock pot then your chicken.

Soups

Home made soup is another thing you can make in your Crock-Pot.

Get your soup on
Get your soup on

This soup easy to make and much better tasting and healthier than canned soup.

Soup without constant stirring
Soup without constant stirring

Cooking soup on the stove, you need to check, and stir. And better chance of sticking if don't have on right temperature, or don't stir in time.

But you don't have those issues making soup in the crock pot, just add your ingredients, set on low or high, and frees you to do other things . The hardest thing will be deciding what yummy soup you want to make.

Sides

Side dishes are another thing you can make in your crock pot, which can come in handy if you're cooking for a lot of people or holiday cooking.

Which side dish are you
Which side dish are you

There's lots of different side dishes you can make in your crock pot. And it frees up your stove or oven and helps to have everything done at the same time.

Holiday cooking made easy
Holiday cooking made easy

Not only can you make so many different sides in the crock pot, most newer Crock-Pots have a warm setting, so even when done cooking, you can keep warm without overcooking or drying out.

You can even make a Turkey or Ham in crock pot or slow cooker if you have a big enough slow cooker.

No basting needed
No basting needed

Just make sure it fits. If it's hard to get the lid to stay on, a trick for that is to lay a towel over the slow cooker till it has been cooking a while, and as it cooks the lid will eventually close all the way. I made a Turkey in the slow cooker last Thanksgiving and it was probably the juiciest turkey I ever made without all the basting.

I also used the slow cooker to make my Ham on Christmas and it was great and made things so much easier.

So whether it's Weekday, Weekend, or Holiday cooking; cooking with a Crock-Pot can make cooking so much easier.

Thanks for reading and enjoy πŸ™‚

"brainsbeforebeauty"😘

13
4

Most Helpful Girls

• arabgoddess
    I loveeee my slow cooker! It takes a lot of pressure off me at dinner time!! Best appliance to have!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Right? Love the way roasts get so tender. And that turkey on Thanksgiving was the juiciest turkey I ever made

• Yes everything gets cooked to perfection and you can't ruin the dish unless you accidentally put too much salt πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

• πŸ˜‚ been there done that lol

• Littlemissbrat
    Wow I really loved this! Thank you!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

213
  • JackSmy
    LOVE my Instant POT!! I got one, because a friend raved about how great it was!!
    I'm constantly trying new things, and Jasmine rice, PERFECT, and then Wild Rice, like Minnesota Native American kind, REAL wild rice, and PERFECT, in the Instant Pot!!
    Chicken thighs, and Chicken/Turkey stock! WOW!!
    One of the few 'Info-mertials' that is really true!!
    • Yeah my neighbor had an instant pot. But cuz if me, she bought a crock pot and been using it a lot ever since

• Lliam
    Good MyTake, bbb.
    My wife cooks in the pressure cooker a lot. Meat turns out juicy and tender. Artichokes cook quickly. She uses the crock pot to make lots of things like stews, soups and meat. And, yes, it's easy. You have to do little more that throw the stuff in the pot and walk away.
    • Exactly and you don't have to be a gourmet chef to produce delicious meals. Even a blonde like me can use it πŸ™ƒπŸ™‚ lol

• TCredo
    Great advice Toots! I've got one somewhere in the basement... might actually have two of them lol. I should put them to use as they do make it easy and produce good tasting stuff - like you aptly said :)From Crock-Pot to "Instant Chef" Cooking Made Easy.
  • Jjpayne
    My roommate has been trying to get me to do this... But I've been fighting him and getting tv dinners because his stove and oven are basically never used... But this mytake made me think about it...
  • Jamie05rhs
    @Brainsbeforebeauty I loved this MyTake. Thanks for sharing. I also have a CrockPot and I use it all the time. But I'm still kind of a beginner, so I want to learn more and expand my repertoire.
    • There's great recipes online. Just put in Crock-Pot recipes. Or Crock pot soups, or sides. I made an apple stuffed, bacon wrapped pork roast for Christmas Eve. Yum yum πŸ·πŸ™‚

• Jamie05rhs

Oh, my goodness.

• Yeah it was good. Sliced onions and apples and put on bottom and around the roast as well. Was very good πŸ‘

• kymberz
    oh yes to the crockpot! i love being tantalized by the smell all day and i want to peak but i know not to or it will be wrecked but i always want to - bahahahah! oh all of the meals you mentioned are wonderful in the crockpot! but i also like making everything from scratch and dirtying 10 million pots and then the kitchen which i keep pristine looks a bomb blew up in it but i love meals with a million different things - think korean appetizers - they always come with a bunch of little side-dishes like various kimchis and the like. but yes to the crockpot - i love that thing! thank you for sharing this - hopefully it will teach a few people how to eat healthily and not rely on fast/junk food!
  • dreamstar72
    I recently got a crock pot express and love it since it does both fast and slow cooking.
    • They're awesome to use and convenient as hell. And less dishes to clean. Who don't love that lol

• ShineDJJ
    I like this myTake. I think I might start utilizing the crockpot in the kitchen now.
    • Only thing don't like is it makes the house smell so good for hours, think it makes me more hungry, and eat more πŸ·πŸ˜‚ lol

• COMMODOREII
    Crock pots are nice. My mom likes them. But you are talking to a gourmet chef here. 😎
  • SecretGardenBlood65
    Thanks for information
    Have you ever made Kurdish/Turkish foods
  • rajkamal97
    I have cooking knowledge of 5 countries I studied hotel management..
  • I love how i'm getting to a point in my career that I know so much more than the average person when it comes to cooking. IT brings me joy i'm stunting on y'all.
  • howlinsilently
    Spot in my stomach is sobbing. Been so long since. Anyway, yeah, fast food, i just
  • Joker_
    Thank you for your guidance
  • DSPDP
    Hello