Is chewing on straws a gross habit?

I've always subconsciously chewed on straws whenever I have a drink with one, for as long as I can remember, and my sisters say it's disgusting. Is it really? I don't even know why I do it.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only gross if you carry the straw around in your mouth and keep chewing it throughout the day. I've seen people do this and it always puts me off. i wouldn't notice casual chewing while you have a drink though.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't do it to straws but lolly sticks I always do it to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Not necessarily a grose habit but if I were you I would try not to do it in public as people around you you may think it's weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see how it's bad cause instinctively we used to only put food in our mouth so many people still chew things that go in their mouth

0|0
    0|0
  • You are so attractive that a gross habit would not matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are so many worse possible things, and being guilty of it myself sometimes, I definitely wouldn't be bothered by it

0|0
    0|0
  • For a normal person. No its perfectly normal but for you to portray abnormal behaviour with your completion to chew, you could have other problems, like being discussed by a flavour that's built up in your mouth & using the straw as a substitute, only to be disgusted with the straw. Like an aweful look that makes your behaviour look disgusting (hence the remark).
    We have millions of bacteria in our mouth:
    Individuals that practice oral hygiene have 1,000 to 100,000 bacteria living on each tooth surface, while less clean mouths can have between 100 million and 1 billion bacteria on each tooth

0|0
    0|0
  • Not disgusting but weird
    I used to do the same when i was a kid
    I stopped doing it

0|0
    0|0
  • No its cute

0|0
    1|0
  • I think its kinda cute

1|0