Would you consider cooking to be a 'feminine' trait?

Would you consider cooking to be a 'feminine' trait?
  • Yes, I consider cooking to be a feminine trait.
    Vote A
  • No, I don't consider cooking to be a feminine trait.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Cooking is an ability traditionally attributed to women, but nowadays it is advertised for everyone like there are maaany cooking shows with men cooking and ik many guy friends who like cooking, some are chef who are helping me and I'm really grateful to them!
    Maybe only older generations still have the traditional thinking of cooking 🍳👩

5|4
    0|0
    • Thanks for _______

• Show All
    • Hello, it is really late and feeling sleepy, sorry if not replying again...
      Why change of thinking btw? I didn't decide for myself to move, my parents had to move for their job and moved me too...

• Alright! Good night 🌃 :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't take it personally, but if a man can't cook , he is not a man. It's a skill it has nothing to do with genders. Knowing how to cook a significant meal is knowledge, now days you have to know all the allergies if you work at any restaurant that's knowledge it has nothing to do with if you were a male or a female.

3|2
    0|0
    • You’re views are skewed, a man is a man you’re not qualified to change the definition sorry not sorry... cooking is a skill that all should know but not knowing a skill whatever it may be doesn’t make you less of a person. Thinking it does makes you less of one though.

• Show All
    • @MrMist Sure, you can have it! call me old fashioned... you win

• @Jaximus-Lion yahoo I win 😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 64

• Not at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe once upon a time when It was Mom in the kitchen. But as I got older and began Dating and Mating, Many of My Males had their own Spicy Details.
    Putting my Male roomie to work tonite, to make his Famous Chicken cutlet Delight. lolxx

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted wrong. I meant to say it's not strictly a feminine trait. Actually I find it incredibly sexy when a man knows how to cook and enjoys it.
    Kind of off topic of the question but I am old fashioned in some ways. I do believe that if a woman isn't working as much or at all she should be the main cook unless her husband/boyfriend wants to.

0|3
    0|0
  • DOES THIS LOOK FEMININE TO YOU
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcpy_yYlRth/

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I consider it to be a trait requiring skill. Knowing you way around a kitchen means knowing what pot to use for what dish, how to chop each item, what knife/utensil to use, what heat to cook on, it's something you learn and to be good at it is an accomplishment :)

Lady or man should know how.

0|2
    0|0
  • Cooking is like a taste you know? I don't know If that makes sense but I mean that you either like cooking something or not. It doesn't mean that because I'm a girl I enjoy cooking (I do actually but that's not the point😂)
    So no i definitely don't believe that it is a feminine trait. Everyone who likes cooking has like the right to cook. There are a lot of men that are chefs and it used to be considered a feminine trait just because women used to do all the housework not for any other reason

0|1
    0|0
  • I consider cooking to be a functional trait. Once you're over 12, please make an effort to learn how to fry an egg, and boil pasta.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. It's something every able-bodied human should be capable of doing. It's a genderless life skill. If someone doesn't know how to cook and is completely unwilling to learn, I'd consider them a dumbass.

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad did all the cooking when I was growing up because my mom absolutely sucked at it. My boyfriend does all the cooking now because he greatly enjoys cooking, and I'm heading into work at dinner time.

0|1
    0|0
  • No.
    I mean, have you seen Gordon Ramsay?
    Tell him cooking makes him feminine to his face lmfaoooo

1|5
    0|0
  • No I consider cooking a basic human skill needed to survive.

3|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't consider cooking to be a feminine trait.

Do you?

0|1
    0|0
  • Some of the best cooking I know of comes from men. How many major restaurants world wide have you ever heard of that isn't full of great male chef's. They are the vast majority.

0|2
    0|0
  • Cooking is human nature. If you can't cook, you won't survive. Everyone should have the BASIC knowledge on how to prepare a simple meal. Cooking has no gender.

1|2
    0|0
  • If cooking is a feminine trait then why are most celebrity and restaurant chefs men?

0|3
    0|0
  • I consider it a "I don't want to freaking starve" trait.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yeah it is but if I guy want to cook instead and he is good at it then I won't mind
    Yeah there are many men chiefs but who usually cook at home, mama does

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely not. And cooking isn’t specific to one gender. A lot of chefs and cooks are male as well. I say it’s almost 50/50.

0|1
    0|0
  • no.
    I mean... not any more than working full-time and being the sole financial provider is a 'masculine' trait.

0|1
    0|0
    • being the sole financial provider IS in fact a 'masculine' trait. what are you talking about? that is why men earn more then women in every single occupation, even while working the same position.

• Show All
    • no of course men can be in the kitchen as well. but men are men and women are women. we are not supposed to be the same and will never be the same. men are naturally physically and emotionally stronger than women. We are logical whereas women are more emotional.

• @dothejohnwall97 .. men and women are both logical/emotional.
      I mean.. unless you're trying to tell me that men are capable of only thinking with their dicks?

• No, I dont think I would consider not starving to death feminine.

2|2
    0|0
  • If basic survival skills are considered feminine, then yeah, I would.

3|2
    0|0
  • it'd be so much more charming if a guy knows how to cook

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not because usually a chef was male before the modern age.

0|1
    0|0
  • Growing up my dad has been the real cook in my family, not my mom, so I don't consider it a feminine thing at all

0|1
    0|0
  • one of my brothers is a chef - he's anything BUT feminine, so no.

0|3
    0|0
  • Lol no. Cooking is a basic skill, everyone should be able to do it. Doesn’t matter if you’re a man, a woman or an alien. You gotta feed yourself

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it's a basic life skill. If some men feel too masculine to cook then they're that much less competent and self-sufficient in my books.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, i wouldn't say so, most top chefs are men also.

1|1
    0|0
    • My grandmother is the equivalent of a 5-star chef. There are many women who can cook really well. I learned from her.

• Um, no lol. Maybe a gender role chore, but it's not a feminine trait lol. The best chefs in the world aren't all women... lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 110

• Cooking is a basic skill that every adult should possess. Even if a man works outside the home and the woman doesn't, there will still be times when the woman is unable to prepare a meal and the man needs to do it.

If both partners are working full-time, then it's only fair to divide household tasks like cooking.

1|1
    0|0
  • Cooking is an activity, not a trait. It's traditionally female oriented, likely because the men traditionally engaged in more physical activities like hunting or farming while women prepped and cooked.

However, the action of cooking is itself not feminine, and with changing technology and society, men are doing it more.

Also, consider professional chefs have traditionally been men.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love to cook. And for the percentage of people with food allergies out there, there are a lot more self made cooks in the world. It teaches responsibility and is truly fun.

I dont have a food allergy, but I live with someone who does, and she probably wouldn't be alive if she didn't cook for herself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont consider guys like Gordon Ramsey to be feminine in the least. As there are a huge portion of top chefs in the world that are male. Cooking is a human trait as we all need to eat.

2|2
    0|0
  • Yes, because my mom, sister, aunts, grandma, and literally just about any woman at my church can cook better than the men that I know, except that pro cooking is stuck in my mind as a male trait because of Gordon Ramsey and my male cousin who has a job as a chef.

1|1
    0|0
  • The culinary arts is a profession dominated by men.
    Men have seen a ton of success in this field.
    Kinda funny right? You get the PC and feminist crowd complaining about female representation in male dominated careers like engineering but neglect to look at the culinary arts.
    Maybe women ought to get back in the kitchen and fire up those stoves?

I dunno, I was told this a while ago so I might be outdated with my info here but it was funny none the less. LOL

0|2
    0|0
  • I don`t cook myself (yet) but i consider cooking something that anyone can pick up and be good at in a fairly short amount of time. Altough i probably have this opinion because my grandpa was the cook of his familly and he was a god damn genious, he knew literally everything about cooking and could make up a meal or desert out of anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's feminine for a woman to cook for the household as the photo suggest. NONETHELESS, it's something men do for money, that's why more Chefs are men even in countries where women constitute most of the cooking population.

0|1
    1|0
  • Not really. I think in Italy, the men cook. Caring for people is feminine, and so when a woman cares for someone by cooking they are being feminine. But cooking as in the actual act of food preparation.. nothing particularly feminine in terms of instinct.

0|1
    0|0
  • cooking is a basic survival technique that not only women should master...

i mean creating something appealing to sustain yourself is not in any way feminine. it's a supportive trait that is actually pretty manly if you associate it with the provider position a man has in this society.

as you see it's just a matter how you frame it ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • Considering the top paid chefs are men, the majority of Michelin restaurant owners are men, and that most chefs are typically men no I do not consider it a feminine trait. Baking, however, probably is because I associate coffee shops and pastries with women. Cooking is a masculine trait, often requiring strength. Kitchens, especially high and ones, can be very violent.

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of celebrity chefs are men. And Gordon Ramsay? That is a man who can whoop your ass, make you cry, break your balls, and then whip up a heavenly meal afterwards.

Cooking is definitely not a feminine trait.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some might call me misogynistic (I'm not really) but even I think that calling cooking a feminine trait is retarded. If you can't cook, you should be trying to learn to cook. Even if you are married, what are you gonna do when the missus is away? Starve to death?

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what you're making. Sometimes you want to have some grilled stake, other times you want to carefully arrange your salad.

Someways you're a lazy cunt and just drop everything in a pot, water, salt and call it a stew.

0|1
    0|0
  • to many complicated devices included in kitchens nowadays. Women will have a hard time what to do. They can still be a help peeling potatos and such. You can see that I am right because there are more male chefs to be seen in cooking shows on the tv.

0|1
    3|0
  • It's required for you to stay alive. If you can't cook that just means you suck a life 👌 that much more. Call me a bitch if it is because I cook my own food.

0|2
    0|0
  • I consider anything that makes someone self-sufficient to be a masculine thing. Being able to feed yourself is a pretty basic aspect of self-sufficiency.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not really, if you're guy, you need to eat too, so… The bility to prepare food is trait of those, who need to eat. I don't want to be one of those people though.

1|1
    0|0
  • The greatest chefs in the world have been men.. ( and finally women) Culinary arts is vastly male populated. Any guy that says cooking is feminine is probably a latent Homo
    Gordon Ramsey, Anthony Bordain, 2 of many, nothing fem about them..

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess I'm not seeing how it isn't. Like that's the main job of a wife, if not for cooking, what the fuck else would women do with themselves all day.

0|2
    3|0
  • I view it as a vital skill that everyone should know

0|1
    0|0
  • Men and women both cook. I cook better than my wife in many instances. However, it is a social norm that women should cook an that makes them more attractive as wives and partners.

0|1
    0|0
    • I read all the opinions and it seems that no women think it is not a feminine trait. But more surprising is a agreement that Dads's and boyfriends cook more often and cook great. How is it that Feminist have ignored men taking over this skill.

• Naw, I don't really know why it would be. I have no skill at it, but am trying. I figured out how to work the crock pot!

0|1
    0|0
  • I consider it a feminine trait, and that's all the more reason why men should do it. If you don't express your feminine side, you can end up being mentally ill.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a skill everyone needs. Whenever I hear about someone not being able to cook I think they're pretty lazy and waste tons of money. It's really something basic to cook.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, some of the best chefs in the world are men. It's pretty gender neutral in general I'd say, but I would consider baking to be more feminine and grilling to be more masculine

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I consider it something every adult should know how to do.

1|1
    0|0
  • Uh, it's a trait of people who want to eat and not be a lazy dick

1|1
    0|0
  • Not exactly a feminine trait but it's always nice especially when one cannot cook well for oneself.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I look at certain 'chefs' (these attention hungry 'artists' and drama queens: yes. General cooking is genderless, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

Recommended myTakes