Why do girls go silent when they are mad?

What is the point of the silence? Are you waiting for an apology? Do you just want space?

• Apology
    16%(5)15%(6)Vote14%(1)
  • Space
    56%(18)51%(20)Vote29%(2)
  • Other
    28%(9)34%(13)Vote57%(4)

What Girls Said 21

• Depends on the girl. Some do it to make a statement. Some do it because they want to blow past the issue rather than talk about it. Some don't know what to say yet. Personally if I'm upset and I go quiet, it's because I'm processing my feelings and figuring out how I want to approach it.

• It really depends my silence can mean I am just done with you. That have nothing more to say because more it’s not gonna make a difference. Then I can be silent because I want space. A big thing to my silence can be I am just so tired of conflict I just stop communicating.

• I go silent because I have to calm down before working it out, so that I don't say anything out of spite I don't actually mean.

• 1. Because probably their words that they're thinking of cannot properly express how they feel and 2. They're trying to think and 3... I would just say because silence is the worst lol.

• It depends on the girl. Some want space, some want an apology, some just want to cool off before saying anything.

• It could be either. But the silent treatment is never an acceptable approach in a relationship.

• Depends on where she stopped. Some people just don't like to talk if they're mad. If you pissed them off they don't likely feel like they are obligated I speak. Some people want to compose their feelings first. Some are calming down. Some people do it so they don't get physical. They're a bunch of reasons, and it's different for everyone. I'd say just leave her alone and she'll talk when she's ready or just ask her if she wants to talk.

• When i'm mad, i'm the type to tend to be silent since i need time to collect myself and be logical instead of getting emotional and making the situation worse than it already is

• That's exactly how I am, I like to think things over before reacting.

• Generally so I don’t cause a scene in public. Don’t want to be arrested for murder etc.

• Would you rather them be silent and calm down before they talk or talk while they are still upst with the possibility of things escalating?

I know a lot of males who go silent as well - not just females.

• Not to say mean words..

• Mostly cause us explaining the situation didn't work, and you didn't seem to understand, so we just give up and give ourselves some time to cool down.

• I don't keep silence anymore; I don't get into an argument either I talk about it straight and stirn so that we can keep moving forward and not having the awkwardness while being around in each others space during the day. Cheers 😊

• To make you feel uncomfortable.

• We are waiting for you to realise what you did wrong and apologise with a valid reason as to why you are sorry.

• Space needed

• I am just trying not to say something that I can't take back. Once I get some space, too cool off then I can talk properly. If I don't get that space it can turn explosive.

• give more details... what have you done?

• I don't know if she is actually mad this time, but before when she went silent on me I asked her why she wasn't talking to me and she said it was because she was mad at me.

This time I texted to see if she wanted to do something and she gave me an excuse that could have been legitimate but I called her out on it by telling her that if she didn't want to go do this thing than she could just say no and I told her that her excuse didn't really work in this case, and she hasn't said anything back, this was yesterday.

• Because we don't want to sound like "too complaining", "drama queen", "bitch", and else.

And yes sometimes, we are not actually that mad, more than upset. But we can't just tell you. And plus, why can't you see what you did make us upset. I know boys can't read our minds. But, again, it's just our nature. We just want you guys to be a little bit more understanding.

And, sometimes girls go silent because you act like nothing wrong, when you know there's something.

• We want space to cool ourselves down. If you talk to us after you just pissed us off, you’re basically setting a bomb off

• Maybe I'm just so angry, that I've forgiven you, but I no longer wish yo speak with you.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the girl. Some just need space, most seem to think it’s some sort of punishment when they stop talking

• Some do. Others get very vocal.

• But girls often aren't physically strong enough to try to win a physical fight, thus they try to express their discontent in another way.