Does a guy's body really matter to girls?

I don't mean if a guy is obese or something. Is it a turn off if a guy doesn't have 6 or 8 packs or just doesn't have an athletic body?
Does a guy's body really matter to girls?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I am not willing to date somebody who is obese but I don't care if he doesn't have a 6 pack and all that

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. And a girl's body also matters to guys. No one wants a fat ass for a partner

0|1
    0|0
  • YES IT MATTERS DO NOT LISTEN TO THE WOMEN THEY ARE SHALLOW AS FUCK

when I was young I was skinny like you

then i started to do exercise
    and eat more and build muscle
    by the time I hit like 15 years old

the girls kept touching my abs
    and arms and blah blah blah
    trust me its gets annoying after a while

but yes YOU NEED TWO THINGS
    either a good face
    or a good body
    or both

you look like an average guy
    so my advice build muscle and work out
    im telling you this from EXP

im not talking out my ass

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 76

• Not willing to date a chubby/obese guy nor will I date a guy that looked like he took one too many steroids. I think there is a nice middle in which the picture you provided fits. The criteria is be skinny and you're good, but if you have a six pack, it is preferred.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not going to lie and say I don't enjoy eye-candy, because I do, but no, it's not really a big deal. Personality is so much more important. Besides, everyone has different tastes. I, for one, have never found 6 pack abs all that attractive.

1|2
    0|0
  • i care more about his personality. i am no model by any objective standards, so i can't be a hypocrite and expect a six-pack. i'm not gonna lie. yes, the guy in the pic is hot. but it takes more than hotness to make me love a guy. as long as he is tall, broad-shouldered, and thin to a degree or average weight, i do not mind at all.

0|1
    0|1
    • He has to be tall! For you to love the guy.
      Load of bullshit.
      You women nowadays have no idea what love is.

• Body is important to a certain extent, as there are bodies that kill my attraction (obese bodies, for example). But when it comes to fit bodies is more a plus for me. A body approximately like that guy's looks really nice. Denying that would be a lie. But for me a face do more. I mean, between a cute faced guy who is not fit but neither too fat and a average/meh faced guy who has a hot body, I would feel a greater attraction for the cute faced. So it's not a turn off if the guy has no 6 pack.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I got preferences, like that guy in the photo does nothing for me. I like chest hair and some meat on my men. Like the guy in this photo, but with more hair on his chest and stuff.

0|1
    1|0
  • It is a turn off if he is not athletic at all. Again, I care more about pecs, biceps, triceps, shoulders and back than abs... as long as you don't have a fat belly it is fine... just don't be lazy and get skinny fat. actually, fat on the hips, bum and legs is the worst for guys as it makes them look feminine.

1|1
    1|0
  • Personally, I’m usually turned off by really defined abs like the guy in the picture, but I appreciate someone who stays in shape. Fit but not obvious, try-hard, meathead fit is ideal for me.

3|1
    0|0
    • Same here. I thought I was the only one!!😊😉

• Show All
    • I always love a nice smile (nice as in, genuine, not 'invisalign perfect'). I like deeper set eyes too, U?

• @Ponycargirl12 Lately I think freckles are cute, but I usually really like short, dark hair and light blue eyes. Piercings, tats, and long hair are an absolute no.

• I know this is random and unrelated but how does your post have a different title picture than the one inside it?

0|1
    0|0
  • Character is what matters
    The body can impress us for some short amount of time But if the guy is stupid or can't communicate and make an easy conversation with us then it doenst

0|2
    0|0
  • Great pic you got there lmaoooooooooo

and If he takes care of himself and isn't severely overweight i'd still date

0|1
    0|0
  • Who doesn't wish they had abs?

No it doesn't matter. Yeah that body looks hot but so do lots of other different body types. For me I would prefer to be with a guy who had a not of meat on him rather than someone who didn't and was like a stick.

Muscles and abs are great but no it doesn't really matter if you have them or not as long as your happy in your own skin.

0|1
    0|0
  • 99% of guys won't get anywhere near this level of definition.
    I'm not into it myself, when you touch it it almost feels just like tight meat.
    I don't like obesity because it's just unhealthy and it shows that the person doesn't care for themselves and that they're just too plain lazy to look after themselves. I have no time for that amount of apathy.

1|1
    0|0
  • For me it's more the personality that matters, sure I'd like some eye candy but it's not what's important for me :P

2|1
    0|0
  • To me, is like the first thing I notice in someone's appearance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes body is very important to me. I either like a lean body or a body with defined muscules. I do like 6 packs and as little fat as possible

0|4
    0|0
  • I'd prefer a guy with good body but I've like guys without muscle also not fat or overweight etc.
    But as I train at the gym all the time thats why I tend to prefer guys who more sporty / gym etc.
    Similar goals so it's just natural.

1|3
    0|0
  • Each girl is attracted to certain body types. Like some guys like big boobs, other small ones or average sized, or the booty size or...
    So do girls like nerdy thin boys, others like the dad bod, some the slightly athletic, other fully muscular...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, to a degree. It's all part of the package. Chemistry. Voice. Face. Body. It all combines to lead to physical attraction. No one thing is a deal breaker to me. Personality most of all, but cannot rule out the physical.

1|1
    0|0
  • It really depends on the girl. Many girls like athletic guys just like guys like toned girls but people differ anyway. My friend is into skinny/lanky guys, I am not into that at all, I'd rather date a chubby guy.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. I don’t care for abs. The thing about having an athletic body, it’s attractive to us bcus it shows us that he takes care of himself, maybe he’s sporty which is hot cause he has an interest that we can talk about or I can go to watch his games or meets, he eats well, etc. prehistorically it’s probably attractive cause he can like, go hunt for food for us faster and run away from dangerous shit quicker and all. but no, in my personal opinion don’t be like obese or anorexic, and no need for him to be a bodybuilder either. Just somewhere in the middle is perfect.

1|4
    1|0
  • I think many girls have an ideal "body type" they like. For example, I find bulked fit guys physically attractive above all else (a little fat on them, and I'm not a 6-pack fan personally). That's part of what will attract my interest initially, however I love anything and everything about a guy I fall in love with. At that point, that superficial stuff doesn't matter (just stay healthy!). It's a plus if a guy has a nice body, meaning he takes care of himself. Just do that and be healthy, and you will be fine 😊

1|2
    0|1
  • For me I’m not really into any “ripped” guys. I used to think that looks was all that mattered but now I really don’t care as long as the person makes me happy. Obesity/ over weight is a turn off however for me the guy doesn’t need to have the “model” body

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I don't care about abs and massive muscles. If he's at a healthy weight, then that's good.

0|1
    0|1
  • Absolutely not. Yeah it is impressive if he is ripped but there is nothing wrong with not being ripped.

2|2
    0|0
  • Yep. The guy in the picture is hot. I'd love to watch him get it on with my boyfriend.

1|1
    1|0
  • Of course we do.

The guy in the picture looks like he works in a gay strip club though. I'll pass.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't like guys who have too much muscles if he has athletic body of course it's a plus but if he hasn't it's no big deal

3|2
    0|1
  • No not at all. Everyone has different body types and preferences. As long as you love yourself it's fine and you'll find someone who loves your body too. Confidence is key.

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn’t matter so much. I do not like idea of dating really good looking guy anyway. I would be afraid he leave me for more hot girl and afraid many girls will try steal him 😬

0|1
    0|2
  • No... as long as he feels comfortable in his own skin and fit in health... It really doesn't matter!

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 46

• I think any girl/woman who claims it really doesn't is either lying or fooling themselves. We all have a deep rooted preference for beauty, whether or not we're genuine people who care about personality the most, no one can claim that looks doesn't matter at all. Which is why I always call BS on those who do. Because I know there's someone out there they wouldn't be able to date because of their bad looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know for a fact that my abs haven't been able to get me too far. Moreover, I don't roam about shirtless 😂.

0|1
    0|0
    • You have abs? Cool😂😛
      I'm skinny as hell. Moreover, I'm not at all motivated to workout😂

• Show All
    • Bhai main toh chin up bhi nhi kr paunga. Latak jaaunga main. Chalta phirta kankaal hu main😂😂

• Mein bhi koi pehelwan thodi hu 😂. Slim aur skinny ke beech mein hu. Phew! More inclined towards slim 😄.

• The second I became jacked my Tinder matches went from hardly nothing to 800+ with nothing but girls wanting to hook up where as the majority were actually hot. Lol @ anyone who thinks being jacked doesn't matter. You'll never know until you become jacked

0|3
    0|0
  • Most women don’t really care about men’s bodies because they aren’t as visual as men are. It doesn’t matter how physically fit he is. Unfortunately most women tend to put more emphasis on Personality and or financial stability.

Of course there are some women out there who do put a lot of emphasis on a man’s face and body but they are less common.

0|1
    0|0
  • So looking at girls responses its no no no depends no no no to a certain degree no no.
    Now take on the fact girls lie when giving advice they say the opposite meaning the answer to this is yes yes it does.
    Unless you like to believe “I like a guy who makes me laugh”

0|1
    0|0
  • Not body overall but ur physical features - height , ( ur face ) , and overall shape
    not your body because u can be ripped as fuck with 10-12 % body fat on steroids but if ur face is ugly then you know good luck

0|1
    0|0
  • In a general sense, no.

I always say: "men value beauty and fertility". "women value status".

Status is defined as the characteristics that determine a man's status among men (career, desirability among women, charisma, leader of his male pack, income, etc).

0|1
    1|0
    • Bunch of lies.

• Show All
    • The only reason you say that dumb rule is because I’m probably the hundredth woman that has told you this. Smh.

• lol, nice Cask23

• Well, physical attraction plays a big part, but when someone (be it girl or guy) is enamored or in love with someone, they will always be attractive to them.

My girlfriend is a lot more attractive than me and I don't honestly understand what she sees in me physically, yet she's attracted to me, both physically and emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a pretty healthy person, I don’t have a 6 pack or veiny muscles, which I don’t find attractive so maybe that’s a good thing? I wouldn’t mind if a girl said I should eat excercise to get some if she wants them but they shouldn’t be pushy about it. Damn right I would go to the gym with her if she wanted it though :)

0|1
    0|0
  • It's also a factor because my ex wanted me to have 6 pack and she made me enter a fitness class and workout for nearly 6 months

0|1
    0|0
  • The money is all you need. Iphone, Armani and Mercedes are just the derivatives.

0|2
    1|0
  • All i have to say is people who train to attract girls are retarded and probably looking bad. I train for my self , not for other people. Its just ur decision how u want to look. And i guess many girls dont want too skinny guys , i mean they want someone at least little bit bigger then them selfs. And i guess its not hard, just eat little more and you will be bigger then every girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it does! It just matter more for men than it does for women. It is merely a question of how much more.

0|1
    0|0
  • It matters to an extent plus it depends how you use it. 🤟

0|1
    0|0
  • If you're good-looking enough, you can murder a girl's parents and the girl will still love you. Maybe even more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it matters. All you have to do is go out to a night club, bar, party, grocery store (literally anywhere) and observe who gets laid and who gets treated the best

0|1
    0|0
  • From my experience, most women I know prefer the average body over someone who is muscular. Also most women simply don't care about looks so long as you aren't pug ugly.

0|1
    1|0
  • I mean i have a nine incher and that worked out pretty fucking easily so yeah its pretty important but you need to be more than that. for example dont say another girls name is t na bad

0|1
    0|0
  • It makes it easier for women to look at you when you are in good shape and handsome. Not every man is meant to be desired.

0|1
    0|0
  • From what am experiencing my self is women are attracted to me because of their husbands/partners being overweight and careless about their body. I have few friends when they reached age 29 or 30 they just started being careless about their bodies and they got fat (both females and males) while the other is trying to stay in shape and making few healthy benefits for their own. This is just reality , a partner seeing their SO letting it go and they get fat do get tired and start looking at others who has a nice body (in their opinion) and not a must to be bulked or works out just thin.

0|1
    0|0
  • It should. But not if its because the person is a psycho and just dehumanizes everything

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d say it does, because I get more female attention then my best buddy with a average body.

0|1
    0|0
  • not as much as your wallet, bank account and status.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm in for the comments "I care more about him as a person than his physical appearance". Just saw it coming.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women like:

$ > big dicks > personality.

Men like:

Big tits > big asses > personality.

0|1
    0|0
  • Physic could be effect of being the guy a pro the cause.

0|1
    0|0
  • First impression aside, yes but not as much as some believe.

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter too much for most women that I have known.

0|1
    0|0
  • Based on my own experience: it doesn't. (Well, unless you're morbidly obese or something.)
    Thanks to good genetics and a fast metabolism, I've always had a very decent, athletic looking body without having to do a lot of work to earn it. Even still, I had zero (literally zero) female attention throughout high school and even university. It started getting better over the last year, but only because I forced myself to take action and stop being shy and awkward around girls.
    Moral of the story: a good body won't get you anywhere, it's nice to have it obviously, but it's something you get for your own appreciation, not anyone else's. As cheesy as it sounds, what matters really is your personality and self-confidence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. Girls are WAY more shallow than guys are. They pretend they aren’t but that’s a lie.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes