Embracing Autumn

Máiiréad u

The October breeze graces your skin, making you shiver.
Rustling tree leaves crackle and fall apart.
The sound of nearby water can be heard flowing down at the river.
The trees become bare, they're preparing for a new start.
Autumn is so precious with importance on this earth.
Teaching the rest of us that even when experiencing loss, there still remains worth.
So, although your guard may be falling, and your heart may be aching,
If trees still find ways to stand tall, you will find ways to keep yourself from breaking and will conquer through it all.

#GAGSpookySymposium

Embracing Autumn
Embracing Autumn
14
8

Most Helpful Guys

• nightdrot
    Ugh, to each his own and you are undeniably a good writer. However, I dread autumn.

To you it is the "season of mists and mellow fruitfulness." To me it is the long downhill slide of ever shorter days, increasingly gray skies and bone chilling cold. Oh, and those leaves? They look that way because they are dead.

For me, it is spring and summer. The blossoms, new flowers and new life. Long days and brilliant sunsets. Bright sunny skies punctuated by mild showers and the occasional fireworks of a thunderstorm. Evening walks serenaded by the sounds of crickets chirping and the sparkling flashes and fireflies.

For me, you could start the year on April 1 and end in August 31. Rinse and repeat. The rest? I can take a pass.

Very good writing. Really impressive. I could not disagree with you more.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Bismarck_96
    Fall and Winter are my favorite time of the year I preferably love winter

For me Fall is also enjoyable many celebrations occur you got Halloween/day of the dead/ Thanksgiving and depending on your Culture your favorite dishes come out the weather changes cold mornings warm at midday and cold again at night my old tree scratching my window at night from the winds of November dont forget the coffee too 🤤🤤 I feel more alive in those times of the year
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kayla45
    Autumn is lovely, I'm more of a winter person, but yeah. I'll embrace autumn.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

712
  • _SOARER_
    isn't autumn wonderful? I drove up and down the taconic parkway this past weekend. The trees looked lovely. I love the food. Nothing beats Squash soup, pumpkin pies, and a cup of warm coffee!
    Also apple picking is always a lot of fun!
    I love upstate NY <3

Embracing AutumnEmbracing Autumn
  • kymberz
    oh that is simply beautiful and makes me feel like Rob Thomas does when he sings Little Wonders live. does that make any sense?
  • 

• Massageman
    Nice read. My favorite season. Embracing Autumn
  • I live in the desert... we have summer and then second summer... what’s autumn 🤷‍♀️
  • Exorcist_Rampage
    Magnificent, rad madam!

I like the Fall season with falling leaves and October baseball.
  • Guanfei
    Autumn is the second best season. Too bad it's way too hot here to enjoy it.
  • stuntbrain
    I read this as "Embracing Austism" and felt nothing
  • Sammy165
    Autumn is a beautiful way to transition ♥️
  • irishpete
    Lovely words
  • Harmseygrace
    Aw that's a really nice poem.
  • This is awesome! Thank you for sharing :)
  • wondergirl26
    Nicely said
  • GreenGold1992
    I misread the title as Embracing Autism
    • Kayla45

I'm autistic and read the same lol!

• cirno

Uh i also read it as that XD

• I wasn't joking or being insensitive, I just literally read it as that. I'm autistic, so I was kinda expecting to read something positive. Instead I read a poem about autumn, which was good tho.

• TITAN-IDC
    I miss it, every season... Im in tx..
  • Roadcruiser1
    I love it! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • sheepdip
    It just rains here
  • MarkellaScorpio01
    It’s ok I prefer summer girls in bikinis.
  • Anonymous
    It's 99 degrees here...
  • Anonymous
    My favorite season.