I've heard that if a guy texts you "Heyy" using 2 y's every times he texts you it means something? is that true?

I just want to know because this guy (that i've heard kinda likes me) texts me that every time before he texts anything else and I just want to know because I've heard it's a way of flirting or something.
for the record, I'm not trying to over-analyze the texts as a lot of you say, I've just heard from friends that it could mean something, although I don't believe it does I just wanted honest opinions.

614

Most Helpful Guys

• Ok, let's put this into perspective from where I'm sitting so you can see yourself from the outside looking in.

You're literally wondering, based on the amount of y's a person types a word with, if a certain spelling means that he's thinking, meaning, or implying something from that. Nevermind trying to analyze how he acts around you, his body language, and things like that... you're looking at a text, seeing 2 y's, and going "Oh my goodness, what does this mean?"

Does this not strike you as being really odd?

• I honestly never thought anything of it at first, because you're right it's just a text, but from what I've heard from some guy friends, and girl friends it's a way of trying to flirt so I just want to know if that's actually true? As far as body language goes he's always so shy around me, but so blunt through text! You guys can be really confusing sometimes!

• I wouldn't say stupid, just odd as I put it in my original answer. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me when my fellow youngin's will actually avoid just talking outright with each other, and instead put all these technological barriers, clues, and whatnot between themselves and the other person.

And I work in IT, so I'm a techie lol. But I still don't see how people let themselves get so reliant on technology that they complicate things more than they help them. So yeah, my vote is to just be outright with this guy instead of looking for the small (and sometimes meaningless) things.

• Preach! and ok yeah I will

Most Helpful Girl

• Asked same question
    It is flirting/sexual

• i've heard that it's a way of flirting but if it is i think it's stupid!

• That's what I heard when I asked and I agree stupid! However when a guy tells you heyyy in person definitely flirting. Happen ed to me and led to great times