I've heard that if a guy texts you "Heyy" using 2 y's every times he texts you it means something? is that true?

I just want to know because this guy (that i've heard kinda likes me) texts me that every time before he texts anything else and I just want to know because I've heard it's a way of flirting or something.
Updates:
for the record, I'm not trying to over-analyze the texts as a lot of you say, I've just heard from friends that it could mean something, although I don't believe it does I just wanted honest opinions.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Ok, let's put this into perspective from where I'm sitting so you can see yourself from the outside looking in.

You're literally wondering, based on the amount of y's a person types a word with, if a certain spelling means that he's thinking, meaning, or implying something from that. Nevermind trying to analyze how he acts around you, his body language, and things like that... you're looking at a text, seeing 2 y's, and going "Oh my goodness, what does this mean?"

Does this not strike you as being really odd?

1|1
    0|0
    • I honestly never thought anything of it at first, because you're right it's just a text, but from what I've heard from some guy friends, and girl friends it's a way of trying to flirt so I just want to know if that's actually true? As far as body language goes he's always so shy around me, but so blunt through text! You guys can be really confusing sometimes!

• Show All
    • I wouldn't say stupid, just odd as I put it in my original answer. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me when my fellow youngin's will actually avoid just talking outright with each other, and instead put all these technological barriers, clues, and whatnot between themselves and the other person.

And I work in IT, so I'm a techie lol. But I still don't see how people let themselves get so reliant on technology that they complicate things more than they help them. So yeah, my vote is to just be outright with this guy instead of looking for the small (and sometimes meaningless) things.

• Preach! and ok yeah I will

Most Helpful Girl

• Asked same question
    It is flirting/sexual

0|0
    0|0
    • i've heard that it's a way of flirting but if it is i think it's stupid!

• That's what I heard when I asked and I agree stupid! However when a guy tells you heyyy in person definitely flirting. Happen ed to me and led to great times

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This doesn't mean anything, he just thinks that when he texts you saying "heyy" sounds friendlier or better than saying just "hey." Don't think about it too much.

0|2
    0|0
  • THERE ARE NO RULES TO THIS SHIT. i wish people would just stop making ridiculous contradictory standards about texting etiquette and just be direct with each other. you can't infer an extra y on the end means "i want you to blow me" without sounding like a neurotic psychobitch so even if that is what it means just dont give a shit

0|0
    0|0
  • It's me and no thing lol. Its just his style of texting

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know. I almost always ignore guy's texts because they are crude and sexual

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard of that it's probably just something he does just because

0|0
    0|0
  • I very highly doubt you can tell if someone likes you based on the number of 'y's in hey.

0|0
    0|0
  • It just means he can't type.

2|0
    0|0
    • best answer of the night lol

• Show All
    • Seems like I'm only the second best answer of the night to you after all...

• It is dumb yes! and no worries, this whole thing has turned out to be a joke, and that's my answer lol

• haha. i dont think so. just his way to type i guess

0|0
    0|0
  • For me just seems that typo

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might just be a typo...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its applied every time a girl has liked me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it doesn't mean anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it means he doesn't bother to text you properly and this message should be left with no reply

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's trying to write like Fonzie sounded... heyyyyy

1|0
    0|0
  • It's possible he likes you, buttttt I wouldn't look in to it

0|0
    0|0
  • You are over analyzing his words, or rather the spelling of a single word. The rest of what he says and does would have so much more meaning than this single aspect of his texts, it has no real substance for analyses.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes