Do girls like shy guys?

do girls like shy guys? I mean I'm sure some do but I can't meet any. you know cause I'm shy. any tips on how to talk to girls? I've had gfs and f***buddies its not like I've been alone forever I just feel like none of them ever take me serious. I can be really compassionate and sweet. I don't act like a player. I'm not sure if I could even if I wanted to but sometimes I wish I could. I just get nervous around girls I really like and can't seem to make a move to show them. and most just don't seem that into me. maybe I'm looking in the wrong places idk. y are girls into all the jerks?
Updates:
i want to thank all of you for the great advice :)

ive gotten better! I'm really talkative and girls seem to think I'm funny which I've just started to notice and use to my advantage :) I can talk to girls more easily now. and only my vibes remain shy. I got hooked up with a really mean girl a while back. who treated me horribly...but had the courage to end it. I don't know what she liked about me but she hated my shyness and intentionally intimidated me. then put me down for not being "outgoing"
but more recently I've got a new girlfriend who is incredibly shy. I do all the talking lol. I mean all of it. she's so sweet
and adorable :) I really care about her

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with all the responses from the girls and would like to point out that sometimes shy guys can be a bit intimidating. Because I do not talk to people unless they talk to me, I find it extremely hard to talk to someone who doesn't talk that much because I'm afraid that they do not want me to talk to them at all. However, I have mustered up the courage to talk to shy guys and normally its the exact opposite in that they like it when another "quiet" person talks to them.

If you look friendly and seem like a nice guy then you will have girls approaching you, however, if you like the shy girl in your class, then chances are that you will have to introduce yourself to her first in order to get her interest. That's normally how I see things unfold and I have yet to actually witness a shy girl not respond to a shy guy; it's guite wonderful to watch actually, lol.

Just be upfront with the girl. Tell her that you are nervous and that if you don't act like your normal self its just because you want to be on your best behavior around her (or that you want her to like you). This is a great ice breaker and the girl will be flattered with your honesty.

Like other girls have said, you will make an awesome partner one day and even though you are about as patient as me when it comes to finding someone at least know that what you share with another girl will be very special. Best of luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • Both men & women go after bad women/men. Just like women flock to bad boys, men also flock to sluts. They also do this for the same reason. Men are more likely to approach sluts because they are easier to lay & are more likely good in bed. Women want bad boys for the same reason, sex. Women think bad boys are good in bed & desire a good sexual partner.

Most often, the bad boy/girl is just used & left once you’ve had your fill of sex from them. Women & men look for good people for a life long partner. When they are at their adolescent stage, they are not looking to settle down at that time. There are some exceptions to this rule. Some men/women do marry bad girls/boys. They either fall in love with their sexual partner, love their partners sex skills too much to give them up, or they don’t they can find anyone else.

In the end, both men & women are guilty of going for the wrong people, & have selfish motives for doing so. But, both grow up & go after the right people. As a good girl, I also have to wait for men to grow up before they will have me. You, as a bad boy, will have to wait as well. In the long run, we will be the winners, if for the only reasons: We won’t have STDs, have children too soon, & have self-respect for doing the right thing.

1|2
    0|0
    • nahh, shy girls, or outgoing girls attract. only non shy guys attract girls, shy guys are the only ones who loose, which kinda sucks for me

• the sex often sucks because they're mostly talk

• @jennifer8 And you're dumb as a fukin' stump…you'll end up pregnant & alone with 4 kids with Mr. F. N. Perfect…too bad I won't be able to hear you whine about how much of a goof he turned into all the time. It's you dumb cunts that believe these fuktard's bullfeces constantly, while the guy you SHOULD'VE married is the only one who cares or gives a rat's ass. I've seen it happen too many times to remember how many times I've heard it from girls like y'all.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a shy dude, never been in a serious relationship, but I indeed fell in love and I still lover her we had a connection going on she liked me and I liked her but never got together she just vanished never got a text back from her/; so yeah but a shy Guy or shy girl will always be faithful why? Cuzz they won't cheat on you duh! There afraid to approach someone so why would they cheat on you? Think about that ladies or men!

1|1
    0|0
  • Here's the thing about shy guys, generally they lack confidence when dealing with women. Many women find a lack of confidence to be unattractive.

However, shy guys usually care about more than sex, and will actually get in a relationship for more than sex. The fact that they are usually calm, quiet, and whatever other attributes, makes some girls see them as more cute. I'm still not sure what it means when a girl calls a guy 'cute' though, I prefer being called handsome or hot or sexy, my tattoos usually give me that response haha.

Still though, I'm curious as to what an actual girl will say to this question.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 44

• Whoa, buddie, no need to pull the "all girls..." :P

I do agree with you though, they are girls who do like jerks for some strange reason, who knows why... but the majority of us can't stand them nor want anything to do with them.

And as for being shy, of course there are girls that like shy girls. I personally prefer them. Something just makes them seem so cute and fragile. It's rather adorable. :]

I don't really know a lot of girls who like to be played... so being a player doesn't make you better. If anything, it makes you less attractive because girls could assume you have plenty of other girls and argo, do not need them.

The only thing you should so is just be sweet whenever you're with a girl, whoever she may be, even if you don't like her (just don't lead her on!). There's a good chance that if she think's you're sweet, she might just suggest you to a friend of hers that you might like. :]

Kindness goes a long way. :D Hah, cliche but true. :]

Anywho, maybe you are just looking in the wrong places.

Maybe you should just stop looking for and let them come to you, after all, the best things in life do come unexpected. :]

Good luck! I know you'll find someone. :] <3

2|4
    0|0
  • there is nothing wrong with being shy. you just need to be able to talk to her and not completely clam up. its a turn-off to me if I have to hold the whole conversation, and be the only one to make plans and text him. relationships go both ways. as long as you can do that, you're fine.

players are stupid, and really outgoing guys can be obnoxious anyway. girls only like them because they pay attention to them. that's it.

2|2
    0|0
  • Depends on the type of shyness. If its constant shyness because of extreme insecurity (big turnoff!). If its shyness because it so happens that he really likes you and he tends to be shy only when he genuinely likes someone (Hot! Hot! Hot!) We all have some shyness in us what differentiates us from others is the way we deal with that shyness.

1|1
    1|2
  • I do. I kind of take it as a personal challenge to make them come out of their shell more lol. But only to a degree. If the guy can't let loose after a while, it just gets frustrating. & I don't know where this girls like jerks thing came from, but it's really annoying because I think some guys are becoming more jerky because they think that's what girls want. Personally, I don't. I wish guys were less jerky.

2|2
    0|0
    • You are so correct. Some act like jerks because they think that's what we want. The reason they think that is because so many girls date the jerks and ignore the shy ones

• I love shy guys, there is nothing cuter than a guy who gets nervous around girls, its much better then a guy who is in your face acting like he's god's gift to women. I find that because I'm sort of shy too, that quiet guys make me come out of my shell more and allow me to be a bit louder, whereas loud guys usually just intimidate me so I usually back off a bit.

No girl is into 'jerks' they are just usually into the guy they think the jerk is before they realize he is, infact, a jerk. If that makes sense. Girls this age still believe there is such a thing as the perfect guy, and fall for jerks because they are good at playing the game. Shy guys who wait in the background are usually overlooked cause of this. I've learnt its best to look for the guy that is quietly standing behind his loud mouth friends, because he is usually the best one out of them all :)

4|9
    0|0
  • The guy I like is shy... I find it so adorable :') I think I like him because he opened up to me and we have such a laugh despite him being shy. I like confident guys too, and I never considered shy guys to be 'my type' but I really do like him a lot haha xD

1|0
    0|0
  • shy guys are mysterious. you wanna know what goes on in their mind, what they are thinking. that's all I can think of, really. I guess maybe because they probably think a lot more about things before saying/doing... which can be good, but also bad. I like guys who are on the shy side, but they have to be able to keep up a nice, flowing conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love shy guys too but they should be able to open up after I compassionately and humorously get close to them. If its too hard to get him speak about him and his life, it ain't gonna work. But don't be a player or act like a player, please. A good girl will find you and by the way you should google stuff and shy busters, tips on dating, maybe read Leil Lowndes books. I'm not sure if I spelled her name correctly but Google her, she's great. She has helped thousands of shy people. Good luck!

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, of course. I prefer shy guys. ^-^

I feel some shy people aren't boring once you get to know them

and they feel comfortable around you.

They just act shyly around new people or strangers..

and especially the opposite gender.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you do the approaching then to shy guys?

• Show All
    • It's good to focus on your studies, but ya, if you do like shy guys, you'll need to work up courage to approach them.

And it's like that in EVERY country. Men get screwed when it comes to dating world. Always expected to do the hard stuff :\

• I don't think it's hard for guys as much as it's for girls.

There are many ways in which a guy can approach a girl.

Sometimes he doesn't really need to meet her in person and ask her out.

Plus, if a guy truly loved a girl,

wouldn't his true feelings make him break this shyness wall?

Girls like me would appreciate it if a shy guy overcame his shyness to confess his feelings.

It shows his honesty.

Well I don't know. I haven't been in love.

Maybe if I loved a guy, my attitude would change LoL!

• To be quite frank we say we do but in all honesty a guy who is super outgoing with a magnetic personality usually attracts girls more. We like to be around exciting guys one that is going to just keep our hearts racing and that's why unfortunately many girls date douchebags because most of the time they are super outgoing, charming, and popular (if your man is popular you score big points as well and no matter how much a girl will try to say she doesn't care about being popular you don't know how good it feels until you are-things just come easy man). Shy guys are really sweet and cute and all that good sh*t but they will have a hard time bagging girls and that's just me being painfully honest about our sad society.

2|2
    0|0
    • Thank you! Finally someone hit the nail on the head with the whole 'girls like jerks' thing. Use common sense, girls don't actually like jerky behavior, but exciting, extraverted, and popular guys are the ones girls are attracted to, and those types of guys also have a tendancy to be jerks.

• sad but true

• Yes!Personally I do but a few loud girls don't.I just think there is just smthing real abt a shy guy,gets nervous aroumd girls.I also believe shy guys are usually not players&when they say they like u,they really mean it.Shy is cool.

2|1
    0|0
  • I like shy guys more than overly confident guys, but sometimes they frustrate me to no end. They need a lot more reassurance than confident or average guys. They can't read women that well either and they often downplay on flirtations from a girl because they think it's "impossible for a girl like her to like a guy like me". But they're often more kind, funny and intelligent once you manage to get them to open up.

1|0
    0|0
    • Unfortunately, the best things are hard to get. :(

• Yeah, they're really difficult to read too. A less experienced girl might think a shy guy is avoiding her or hates her. I hear that one a lot. They don't make it easy for us huh :P

• i love shy guys there very cute.

but at the same time they eveutally have to

be comforatbleand be able to express themselves

..like they can't be shy all the time.

2|2
    0|0
    • I'm only shy until I kiss her once…or visa-versa. Then I'm a sex machine. LOL It's the mouthy self-absorbed twat kind of guy that'll have blown his nuts on your faces, and gone for his next conquest with a "better douche-bag"…words from a narcissistic asshole who dipped his dick in more bimbo's orifices than he can recall. You women just don't get it yet do ya? Evidentially.

• well its kinda hard to narrow it down...

cute can be a whole lot of different things. his looks, the way he acts, the way he talks.. or funny cute jokes... things like that.

A girl can whether like you as a friend/or more if she calls you cute.

Dont be shy, you gotta get out there :). I'm rpetty shy but I push myself to do things cause I know I'll regret not - whatever - and think what it could've been.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a shy girl I find shy guys easier to talk to and start a relationship with then a more outgoing person.
    But being shy myself I still wouldn’t feel like approaching them so they’d have to approach me. ( probably who knows it may change) as long as they can hold or start a conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think it's better for a guy to be shy because then you know who he truly has feelings for and those kinds of guys are more cautious and faithful to their girlfriends while most confident guys tend to flirt a lot and you never really know when they have interest in you or not and they could have for one second and next thing you know they leave you hanging along with like 5000 other girls. Shy guys are also cuter than confident guys too! But everything has its pros and cons!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that we don't like them, it's just annoying and frustrating when we're trying to talk to them and it's like pulling teeth. Conversations need to flow between both people, not just one leading the whole thing...

0|0
    0|0
  • shy guys are really nice as compared to men who talk about themselves a lot. I like shy guys because they are mysterious and I find them more emotionally attatched. Women usually want guys to understand them on the emotional level and shy guys kind of make us feel that they are emotionally available for us. That's what I find cute about shy guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • BOTH ACTUALLY BECAUSE WHEN THEY ARE SHY YOU CAN KINDA TALK YO THE A LITTLE BETTER THAN A CONFIDENT GUY BUT A CON FIDENT GUY I LIKE BECAUSE THE ARE ALSO EASY TO TALK TO AND WILL ASK YOU OUT NO QUESTIONS ASKED

0|0
    0|0
  • Shy guys are the only guys I like. They just have a certain aura about them that emanates sweetness.

2|4
    0|0
  • I'm in the same boat as you but I like boys but I like shy guys cause I know they aren't in a big rush .

3|1
    0|0
  • Well, I do...shy guys seem to be different than other guys. Theyre not like after everybody and once you get to know them better, its like the guy becomes more and more cute.

1|1
    0|0
    • Also, that shy guy, with a great woman behind him, may grow to be just as confident as the regular guys and slick talkers while being very affectionate and attentive to your needs. Shy guys also make great lovers because of how giving they are. The only thing a shy guy needs to watch out for is to not sell himself short, look after his own needs, and not be a doormat. I think most shy guys aren't all that shy, they just need to connect with you first and get comfortable.

The main problem with shy guys is getting up the nerve to approach you in the first place! To not be so self-depreciating, to know their self-worth, to be more secure (take you for your word and trust you!), and to constantly strive to better their own lives.

• Shy guys are great, but don't be too shy to the point that it can be rude. For example, if you see someone you know, don't pretend you don't know them, smile, or just don't turn your head the other way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like shy guys to an extenct,t hey can't be tooooo ridiculosly shy. I think its cool because theyre not cocky(which is one of my petpeaves), and its cute.. I like it

0|0
    0|0
  • of course we do! its so adorable too meet someone guy just as shy as you.

2|1
    0|0
  • I like shy guys but I don't like guys who are very self-obsessed like asking constantly 'Am I good looking?' or 'Is thin jeans good on my ass'

1|0
    1|0
  • I like guys in the middle. Not to confident they're cocky, but also not so shy they barely speak.

0|0
    0|0
    • Same XD except I'd prefer a female not a male :P. jk jk I think its cute af

• No. Absolutely, 100% not.

Some of these dudes really think that it's OK to be all shy and speechless and at the same time expect girls to fall for them. It's excruciating talking to shy guys, when you try to open them up a bit and all you get is red face. Also,I somehow got this feeling that many of them are depressive, gloomy, and at the same time over-demanding types. I might be wrong, but that's what most of the shy guys I know are like.

I'm a very f*cked-up-shy-insecure-inconfident person by myself, but I fight it all the ways I can. . I believe that you cannot really succeed if all you do is hiding in your own shell, and I wouldn't want to waste my time on someone hiding in a shell.

1|0
    0|1
    • You have your point but I think you should watch how do they act around their friends. This guy acts all naturally when he is with his friends, so I'm sure he isn't gloomy but he just becomes shy when he talks with girls. I'm not saying all shy guys are good but I feel most of them are nice guys.

• Well, maybe. But when I spot a cute shy guy, get interested and make hell of an effort to approach him (I'm not really brave in this and I believe that it is guys who should make first move), and all I get as a result is him getting even more shy, I feel myself an idiot :) Of course it's based on my own bad experiences, maybe more outgoing girls can make shy guys open up, but when two shy persons are put together it's a disaster...

• LOL you think so? Because I'm a little bit shy too.. I think it would be a disaster lol

Even shy guys have different personalities. I think some of them can open up if you keep being around them and make them comfortable with you. While some of them are difficult to open up. Thanks for your answer. :)

• Shy guys are the least likely to be man whores with big egos. That's why I like shy guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly like them both!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 21

• im shy and it took me forever to realize girls don't act different around me because I am quiet and ugly. they are intimidated because I am quiet and decent looking which is normally not qualities that normally go together. so by being those two things girls are not sure how to approach or act around you. and yes it is the bane of my existence but one day if will find a girls who is honest enough to say she wants me.

2|1
    0|0
  • I just asked this same question the other day, and didn't get any results, but, I would think that the reason why shy guys are so appealing to girls is because that maybe they feel that they can be tamed. I guess it's cute in itself to see a guy who isnt' very talkative, or timid. It doesn't constitute the fact that he's an a**hole or anything, it's just cute to them. Maybe they feel the shy guy can be tamed.

0|0
    0|0
  • They say do, but they really don't. They find them boring, not manly enough, too hard to figure out or too many issues.

2|1
    0|0
    • GIrls actually like hard to figure out (Mysterious) guys. shy guys are easy to figure out because they have no confidence or no clue of what's going on in tha moment.

• Being shy and being comfortable not talking that much are not the same thing.

John Wayne didn't seem shy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a shy guy myself I can sum it up quite nicely for you.

Because shy guys actually listen to their partners. It's just that simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • Little girls, yes. Grown women don't like nor deep down respect little sissies regardless of what they tell you.

0|0
    0|0
  • girls me say that but they almost never end up with those type of guys because girls refuse to approach them because that's us guys job unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
    • The best things are hard to get. :(

• If you love shy guys, you realize YOU'LL have to approach them right? :P

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahah this is the problem. I'll wait 'till I feel I'm sure from my feelings for him, and then I will let my friend to tell him lol :$

• Show All
    • But what types of girls do shy guys like? I'm a shy person myself lol..

• I think it depends on the guy really. But I'd say any guy, shy or not, will like it when a girl is interested in him and openly shows it. Whether he's interested in you for you? Well, depends on if your values and interest mesh up well together.

• Girls like confidence. Just grow a pair and say "Fuck all, I'm going to do this and I don't care what happens!" Just have confidence and be happy with yourself. Some girls(As I'm sure you'll see in the girl answers) really do like shy boys. They think it's really cute, but most girls, even the ones that like the shy type, will friend zone you for being shy. Girls go for the jerks because they show confidence. It's not that having confidence will make you a jerk, but girls want a guy who is confident. The shy fragile guy is like a puppy to girls. Cute and adorable to play with, but they wouldn't actually date it.

0|0
    2|1
  • They don't unless you grow a backbone and talk to them.

0|0
    2|1
  • Because girls are different than guys. we're mainly logical. we'll do things that make sense. girls on tha other hand do things that don't make sense. their behaviors many times are illogical. it shows a guy is confident. He can think for himself and plan things out not ask tha girl everything. he's more fun because of that confidence. he's not scared to flirt with her to make fun of her to tell her somethings wrong. it causes an attraction in girls, trying to get attraction by being logical is illogical in a girls world. do tha opposite of what you do (which is illogical) and you'll notice how much girls dig it. it can show many things. more humor, mystery, forwardness, confidence, quick/great thinking, etc.

0|0
    2|1
  • Shy=boring.

Girls don't like boring.

0|1
    0|0
  • i am really digging these answers :)

0|0
    0|0
  • because they want to get things for free

0|0
    0|0
  • they like confidence

0|0
    1|1
  • Nah man

0|0
    0|1
  • Girls like confident but not cocky guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • They just don't notice the shy guys. That's the reason. Also, confidence pay a lot of attention or points from them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because then the girls have to do more work and take the lead which they don't want to do

0|1
    0|0
  • Not that many, I assure you.

1|0
    0|0
  • dude ur such a flaming homo.

0|0
    2|2
    • And your a self loathing loser that posts bad comments in order to make himself feel better because secretly you hate himself. You don't even have the courage to go public, Mr. Anonymity, come out of the closet and pronounce to the world your homosexuality.

Have a nice day, this 'conversation' is over. And really, get some help, keeping that urge to say "I'm gay" isn't good for you.

• Show All
    • Lol, I meant he would say it :P But oh well, it was over a long time ago lol. And yeah, I was messing with him.

Haha, and you like the answers eh?

• Seriously.

Recommended myTakes