I'm Not Sure if My Crush Invited me to a Concert or Not?

Hi - I'm going on a vacation to a place where my crush lives because he is constantly bringing up how great his place is, and I should really come there for a vacation. So me and my friend decided to go for the weekend. I told him what weekend we were thinking about. He responded back that that's a great time to come, and he "also has tickets to a concert" on the first day, then goes on to name me the bands at the concert. I wasn't sure how to respond - if he was saying he was giving me the extra ticket (?) or if he was implying that he would be unavailable that day. But he didn't say he was giving me the extra ticket nor did he say he was unavailable. I need to clear this matter up so I can be sure he'll be around part of the weekend, without sounding totally desperate. Help!
thanks for the feedback! Except each feedback is different, so now I'm still confused - ha! Still, I appreciate it.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd play it off like you're expecting that it's NOT an invite, and just make it part of confirming your itinerary. Just be like "yeah, so we'll be there on Friday . But you have that concert, right? Do you want to meet up later that day or should I catch you the next day...", etc.

His response will either be "yeah, just meet up with me (whenever)...", or he'll be like "wait, are you coming to the concert with me?"

I'd probably assume he's going to the concert alone/with friends though, since it's probably something you'd buy tickets for in advance, and he didn't specifically ask.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be prepared to go but also be prepared not to go. This way it isn't awkward asking.