My boyfriend blocked my number, what do I do?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half. We have been fighting for days, and he asked for space for four days of no contact. I am the type that does not do space, and I like to resolve issues immediately instead of dwelling and over thinking the issue. He told me he has been miserable lately in the relationship, but if anyone should be miserable it's me. He is disrespectful and he lacks communication within our long distance relationship. I have called and sent him text messages and he decided to block my phone number, letting me know he will unblock it in 3 days. I think the simple act of blocking my number is disrespectful. Do I break up with him or just wait it out until he unblocks me? I feel like I should be standing up for myself. These next 3 days are going to drive me insane because I want to talk to him and resolve our issues.
I don't want to break up with him, but the issues we have in the relationship have not changed. He has times where he can be disrespectful and not make me his priority. There are times where he doesn't communicate like a man should in a long distance relationship and it drives me crazy. He has made promises to change and sometimes the changes show and other times not so much...
This is a guy I want a future with but I have learned that you can't make someone change. He is just as serious about me, but he is super stubborn.

148

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's follow the bouncing ball.

1) He asks for 4 days of no contact
    2) You contacted him by texting and calling him ignoring his wish for no contact
    3) he blocks your number to get his wish of no contact

One can draw two conclusions from this:
    1) you brought this upon yourself
    2) he doesn't want to talk to you at this moment

What do you do?

Take this time to reflect on your relationship, the direction it's going, and whether there's a future here. He's taking this time to think. You should too.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are doing the crazy girlfriend thing and chasing him away. He asked for 4 days, and you still tried to contact him. Calm yourself down and wait or break up, because obviously, you can't handle respecting his wish for space. Sometimes, people need to think, not everyone will bend to your will 100% of the time to do things as you want them to be done.

• If he needs time to think I get that. I know he will not break up with me, but he also won't change his bad qualities. It's like he's along for the ride. We have future plans and I know I'm important to him-yet he still has childish outbursts like walking out when he's angry or where he will be disrespectful or forget to communicate. I have so much love for this person and I have thought him to be the person I will marry. I know you can't get a guy to change so I just feel trapped. I want to be with him, but not crying or frustrated with him every other week.

• What's going on? Honestly, blocking your number doesn't seem as bad, but you're upset over other things that weigh in on you wanting to breakup. Maybe if you post something like an introduction to why you're frustrated, we can give you proper advice? Us users are going in blind...