Most Helpful Opinions
I too have Iron deficiency anaemia and just had 5 infusions of iron. Don't know if it worked yet. Best thing to do is work with your doctor to get iron up by taking iron supplements and dietary change. Vitamin C and folic acid help Iron to be absorbed better.0
Red meats, beans, leafy greens, some breakfast cereals, or iron supplements.0
What Girls & Guys Said
Eat dates. Dates are full of iron it can fullfill your iron need.0
Eat more red meat, and take iron supliments.0
Figure out why and then fix it0
eat meat get rid of that vegan crap diet you're on2
Click "Show More" for your mentions
Most Helpful Opinion(mho) Rate.
There are several things you can do to improve iron deficiency:
1. Eat iron-rich foods: Include iron-rich foods in your diet such as lean meats, seafood, beans, lentils, tofu, spinach, and fortified cereals. Pairing these foods with foods high in vitamin C (such as citrus fruits, tomatoes, and broccoli) can help your body absorb the iron better.
2. Take iron supplements: Your doctor may recommend iron supplements if your iron deficiency is severe. Be sure to take them as directed and talk to your doctor if you experience any side effects.
3. Cook in cast-iron cookware: Cooking in cast-iron cookware can increase the amount of iron in your food.
4. Avoid foods that can interfere with iron absorption: Certain foods such as coffee, tea, and dairy products can interfere with iron absorption. Avoiding these foods can help your body absorb iron more effectively.
5. Seek medical advice: If your iron deficiency is severe or if dietary changes do not improve your iron levels, it is important to seek medical advice. Your doctor may recommend additional testing or treatment to address the underlying cause of your iron deficiency.
Remember to always consult with your healthcare provider before making any significant changes to your diet or supplement regimen.