Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Women’s day and men’s needs/feelings?

Malala talking about extremists being against girls' education.

(my opinion had been removed by someone who was butthurt, so I decided to share it again ;) )

well... I don’t know how to put this in a way that doesn’t make men feel bad/angry but I’ll try and do my best.

I’ve seen men here and elsewhere asking why we don’t have such a big commotion for a men’s day or why do some women get somewhat offended by getting flowers today. Personally, I don’t get OFFENDED really, I just think it’s bullshit :/ I don’t see today as a “congrats you’re a woman” day, but more of a reminder of the daily struggles we go through. so getting flowers is okay but like?

And about a men’s day... well... if you, guy, get upset over not having a day understand this: you don’t need to look out every second on the streets for potential rapists or human traffickers. you don’t get discouraged by others to apply for higher positions just because of your gender and because you “have to continue humankind”(carry a child). so sit down and let us have a day to talk about the struggles of womanhood in a patriarchal world in peace. don’t come asking “but what about men?” today because THAT is offensive.
also, if you think this is a “feminazi” way of thinking, you’re truly stuck on the wrong century. feminism is about reaching gender equality, not saying women are better and men are trash.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

822

Most Helpful Guys

• Men are more likely to be the victims of violence, if a man doesn't feel unsafe when walking at night then he is an idiot. If somebody tries to discourage you from a job because of your gender, tell them to fuck off. You can always not have a child, both by not having sex but also because apparently you have the exclusive right to terminate life (not very equal...). "because THAT is offensive" that isn't a reason to not ask something. It's a reason somebody might choose to not ask but something being offensive doesn't mean people shouldn't say it. The issue with 'equality' is that it's used quite vaguely and often what (some) feminists claim to want while saying they want "equality" isn't equal.

Thank you for your ted talk.

• Fairly good point. 🤔

• There is a Men’s Day. People just don’t care about it as much, which I don’t mind by the way. I always try to be respectful and often worry that I come across as rude. Even on subjects such as abortion which is pretty controversial, I understand the arguments from the ‘other side’, I just don’t agree with them.

• I don’t know about other times but you weren’t rude at all to me. Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

• 7d

I agree that asking for men's day in woman's day makes no sense. Women have may struggles in day to day life and women's day is a date to give them extra attention. All good with that. But when men's day comes why many people don't even know there is a men's day? We have many disadvantages as guys that are not nearly adressed enough. Why don't we get, not as much attention, but really any at all? Men's day should be at least spoken of

Most Helpful Girls

• I think days like this exist, because we don't learn a lot about the women of the world at all. Even in school, we mostly learn about the things men have done, its only with certain classes that you learn about "some" women. Its like Black history month, people start you get to know amazing African Americans of history, because we don't learn a lot about them in our educational system. The reason you'll never have a "guys month" is because we learn nothing but about men in our daily lives. Its the same reason why many can't even recognize a picture of Harriet Tubman, Franca Viola, Katherine Johnson, etc.

• 7d

That's why you should always appreciate men... also a man is everything in a girl's life... be proud of it.

I'm talking about REAL MEN and not jerks...

Men before and still till our recent days but with a smaller number, provide for their wives, take good care of them, protect them and love them forever...

Even with all the success and power men had, they needed women because women are very essential in a man's life, that's why marriage makes a mand and woman become one, they were born for each other but each gender had it's own roles...

• There is an International Men's Day. It's November 19th, the day before International Children's Day.

Join the discussion

620
  • Equality? lol Ridiculous. There is plenty for men to complain about with unfair treatment. For example:
    Equal treatment under the law.
    1. People should get jobs based on their ability to perform and don't lower standards just to let unqualified people suddenly be considered qualified.
    2. Equal child/birth rights. They both made the decision to have sex, so they should both get the option to either have or not have the kid. One can choose to sign over all their rights/responsibilities if they want and the one that wants to keep it pays for the medical costs.
    3. No child support at all. Automatic equal custody for children unless it is PROVEN that someone is a danger. (A criminal conviction for proof, not someone just claiming they are a danger)
    4. No alimony for anyone. When people are adults they can take care of themselves. It is not another adult's responsibility to take care of them.
    5. Equal sentencing for the same crime.
    6. Automatic DNA tests required by law for new borns.
    7. It should be just as easy for a man to adopt kids as it is for a female.
    8. Men should be required to wear a shirt in public. Beaches should be the only places where it isn't required in public.
    9. Nobody's word is taken as proof that someone did something wrong. there needs to be actual evidence.

The only law I have noticed that got changed in recent years for more gender equality is now men can have the same 6 weeks leave for a new kid within the first year just the same as women can to bond with it.

• it's true that in the constitution we may be equal but the thing is that in practical ways we're not and that's the issue.

• also, I'm not ignoring men's issues and I don't want to ignore your issues at all. All I'm saying is that women suffer through gender-targeted crimes more often (not talking about bar fights or whatever, I mean actual rape or human trafficking).

• 7d

Oh so there is a hierarchy for violent crime now? So only violent crime that affects women is a problem. You just said so. Well guess what? men are rape and human trafficking victims too. And on the scheme of things... I think Homocide is worse! Simce we are using a hierarchy system. And those victims are 77%. Men.

Ya see the problem with hierarchy systems... yeah that's right. ALL VICTIMS MATTER. NOT THEIR GENDER!

• You really think men have it better and that men can’t be victims?

1.) Men are more likely to be victims of violent crimes.

2.) men who are victims of sexual assault are less likely to report it because nobody takes them seriously.

3.) There are no men’s shelters but there are numerous women’s shelters

4.) The suicide rate is around 20% higher in men than women

5.) There are more homeless men than women

6.) More civilian men die in wars than civilian women.

7.) More men die in the workplace than women.

8.) Courts give lesser sentences to women and harsher sentences to men for the same crime.

9.) Courts favor women instead of men when it comes to custody battles.

10.) Male domestic abuse victims are laughed at.

11.) It’s socially acceptable to body shame men for height, weight and overal physical appearance.

And what are 4th wave/western feminists doing to help men? Nothing, except constantly telling us with great vehemence that we are somehow victims of so called “toxic masculinity”. This is why so many men and also women criticize the 4th wave feminist movement, it’s not actually pushing for equality but rather a matriarchal world where men are in the lower ranks of a social hierarchy.

• 6d

One of my best friends started on the false feminist path... she is not my friend anymore, which is very sad too me. She seems both nice and smart, I don't really understand how she could just poof into a victim of absolutely shit... smile at me and than talk about nearly half the human race like garbage.

• 6d

@PursueWisdom Yes, it’s quite sad how many women of this generation (millennial) have allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by this new extremist form of feminism.

• You just proved you're a feminist by using typical or common feminist language. 21st century feminism is misandry. It's about hating men, abusing men, harassing men, demonizing men, playing the victim card, tricking men, and so on. There is no such thing as "The patriarchy" anymore. But there such a thing as Misandry. And we are living in it. And THAT is offensive. You have been brainwashed with feminist ideologies and believe in all that man-hating stuff.

• 6d

Jesus people, feminism def. " Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes." ... really shouldn't be called feminism... seems to confuse the shit out of people who never learned history.

• 6d

@PursueWisdom That's the old school definition from a century ago. We are talking about the modern definition. Things change over time. Looks like you have been brainwashed too. Time to snap out of it and take the red pill.

• Women post "All men are trash" on twitter and it gets a million likes i dont see you feminist condemning that, you feminists only want equality when it benifits you and you are more then willing to throw boys under the bus, guys my age are starting to realize we avoid you now at school and then you wonder why guys dont like you or want to date you You are a male hate group and i will never be feminist

• male hate group? I have to laugh.

Also, most tweets related to "men hate" that get X likes don't really say that all men suck or such, but are condemning some behaviors you have. Such as harassing us on the streets and forcing us to have sex, etc.. I agree that more women should bring awareness to stop the male hate, but I can't control what others think.

• *Wondering why they can't hate men *

• I'm sorry, I don't quite get your question

• 7d

I agree, Men don't need a day. This is however; Feminanzi dribble. Why? Because, like most feminists, it fails to recognise that BOTH genders have daily struggles.

If feminism is all about equality between the genders.. then why does it ooze into society flagging women's issues while denouncing the issues of the other biological gender? It is nothing but a marxist construct of modern socialism, that divides society. It is cancer on our world.

I am an egalitarian. I care deeply for women. I am all about equal opportunity, equal rights and equal pay. And the hate speech you deliver proves my point. O also care deeply about equally addressing the plights of all of humanity.

One of the reasons I became a soldier was for this very reason. To facilitate protection and freedom for those who cannot afford themselves, life.

Each gender has massive societal injustices, issues and hardships. Down to the last man, woman and child. And until this was written, I hadn't seen a single peice on GAG from anybody whingeing about international women's day. Nope. Not one. But in true leftist fashion, out comes the provocative dribble.

Did you ever ask yourself why can't both be true? Why can't the plights of both genders be recognised and dealt with as a society?

Because that ruins Feminism's whole strategy. The victimhood narrative. Yes, as Hitler scapegoated the Jews, so too does feminism with its myth of "Male Privilege". Yes, the mythical Patriarchy.

98% of all War deaths are Men;
    93% of workplace fatalities are Men;
    80% of all suicides are Men;
    84% of lost parental custody cases are Men
    76% of all homicides are Men
    61% of all homeless people are Men
    40% of all domestic violence victims are Men
    51.52 months average male prison sentence and 18.51 months for women... for the same crime.

Prostate cancer is 1% nore prevalent than breast cancer, yet has less than 1/4 of the equivalent funding.

Do you think that seeking to resolve those issues in any way detracts or dilutes the plights of women? NO NO NO. And vice versa.

You seem to forget that Men have Mothers, Sisters, daughters, wives and girlfriends. Are you insinuating that they are somehow bereft of love for their Women? jealous... because Men don't have a day? How dare you.

And you use International Women's Day to push more identity politics. Disgusting.

Men are victims of rape too. They are also victims of human trafficking and also vastly outnumber women as victims of violent crime.

Affirmative action DOES in fact persecute men and deny them opportunities for employment positions actually, which is discrimination. Discrimination condoned by feminists cuz... Gender quotas?

I don't see gender quotas for blue collar male dominated occupations. I don't see gender quotas for brick layers, or construction.

Men, in the modern Western World are treated as if they are expendable. Their issues have no voice, because the Left doesn't allow it to. Because it might threaten the freedom of speech that they so keenly use to oppress Men. Freedom of speech is fine so long as only the Feminists have it.

Disgusting. If you want to have a good rant, and obnoxiously sprout about "butt hurt Men"... I suggest you go and gather some facts.

Here, let me help you...

youtu. be/xcqLfAjs-9s

youtu. be/NW8Gl0EYBao

youtu. be/_mB13NV7rY0

• 7d

This day is to celebrate Womem and acknowledge their unique struggles. Try using it for what it is for.

• 6d

Thank you, kind sir! This is the kind of competent argument men need when we get attacked ;-;

• 6d

@Gavyn you're welcome. They triggered me.

• 7d

You're a great example of a third wave feminist who's only purpose is playing the victim card and supporting misandry

• The men who only talk about men's day on women's day are stupid.
    Although there are some who were just curious if there was a men's day, which sadly not a lot knows.
    Women and men have different kinds of struggles and you cannot disregard one by saying the other is more serious. Both are serious and need to be taken care of.

• Man... is it weird that we have people just assuming what feminism is rather than looking at what feminism's influence had done? It's like everyone forgets that propaganda exists in our world. Whatever, what's done is done I suppose.

• I don't know. I do support women's day. I just think we are both patriarchal and matriarchal at the same time. The vast majority our buildings and structures and systems were made by men. And not only was every human to ever use and inhabit all of these things birthed by women, but the vast majority were raised by women too. That is power, control and influence on probably the deepest psychological level.

• Kind of sad its offensive to men in the first place, and also sad your offended that they are offended. Everyone has struggles. Men have struggles and women have struggles. We dont even need womens day it mens day. Congrats your a male or female. Get on with life.

• International Men's Day is November 19 to recognize issues like male suicide rate, male-specific cancers, and homicide victims that do seem to be usually men among other things contributing to men having a statistically lower life expectancy than women.

I do agree women have it systematically hard and that we should try to change it, and I also believe it would help men for us to fix it since sexism towards one seems to get the other caught in the crossfire. I personally don't think of myself as a "feminist" per se, since I prefer to call myself an egalitarian since I just sometimes feel I limit my worldview if I just say feminist.

• Mens day is everyday. Its usually white dudes buggin out. And a few "token, as well.
    Not all white dudes just a loud minority. Usally incel

• 2d

Women’s day and men’s needs/feelings?

• Men are just as likely to slightly more likely to be assaulted as women, and are victims of more violent crimes. Stop playing a victim thinking only women have problems.

We don't get discouraged? Women get 2 -1 hiring in stem, more scholarships specifically to their gender, more incuragment to go to university and more job opportunities simply because they are women (eg. Police and firefighters select women and other minorities over men).

I don't really care if women have an international women's day, but they at least need to get the facts right and stop both blaming men and ignoring/devaluing men's issues.

• never said only women have problems. Also the data you're providing me must be from the US or European countries because here in Latin America and most Asian and African countries, girls aren't encouraged to finish high school. I've gotten the speech "finish school, get married and have kids" way too many times.
      Also, I don't necessarily blame men for my issues, especially considering that there are many women who discriminate as well. I don't condemn a gender and would never ever say men are evil or such. I'm well aware of the emotional and physical issues men face, but you're not the ones who went through most of history.

• Gender target violence? Are you referring to western societies or others?

• both. in western countries it might be rarer but still happens

• you’re welcome. I don’t need a day, and if I ever do I’ll have one

• Dang I wish I could like a question❤

• Good talk

• We all have needs

• Well, my needs are to pray to my God.

• Good take

• I'm fine with this message, men got their own shit too, but it's mostly inflicted by other men. I can also understand why some guys get butt-hurt about it because they feel like their worshiping women, there's a women worship day, and men hate cults, but this is due to ignorance. Sexism is still here and most of it is towards women. Not that false-feminist aren't fucking repulsive.

• Great mytake!

• You're a great example of why men react to woman's day the way they do. Women's day is essentially "I'm a poor little victim day" and you are just another woman with a victim complex who believes women have it tougher in this world than men do.

• ‘Personally, I don’t get OFFENDED’ > ‘... don’t come asking ‘’but what about men?’’ today because THAT is offensive’

Make up your mind, judging by your additional info you’ve provided under the question illustrated (quite evidently) that you’ve taken this matter personally.

• I meant that I don't get offended by receiving flowers

• Again,
      This is clearly not about equality based on your fine answers and the additional information that you have provided for us.

• It’s just about the recognition of women’s struggles. It’s oh so obvious.

• "you don’t need to look out every second on the streets for potential rapists or human traffickers"
    Neither do you. If you stopped worrying about it you would continue not to be kidnapped just like every other day.

You list a bunch of things that women concern themselves with, but the issue isn't that women don't have any problems they face it's that men also have a bunch of problems and your list shows they're being completely ignored.

"feminism is about reaching gender equality"
    What kind of equality though? That's usually the pertinent question, certain kinds of equality are utterly toxic.

• As women, we haven't done so many things because of our gender. Walking alone, going out with only female friends after 8 pm, are just some examples. trust me when I say that if we don't pay attention to our surroundings, really bad shit happens most of the time - at least here in Latin America.

Men go through so much as well, but the difference is that currently and throughout history, women have been the most likely targeted ones. I don't ignore issues such as the pedophilia and abuse cases with the Catholic church, which mostly involves young men. I don't ignore the fact that men have been taught to hide their feelings in order to keep up the "dominant, strong and fearless" gender image up. I don't. But like I've said before: the difference is in the numbers. is in the number of years we've spent being raped, murdered, sold, beaten up, stopped from pursuing education, etc...

• Why would that be a gendered issue though? Why isn't it simply that you have a crime problem over there?

"women have been the most likely targeted ones"
      Statistically men are more often the target of crime overall, and especially violent crime. So...

To my mind this second list also shows you aren't quite paying attention to men's issues. You've listed the *feminist framing* of men's issues, not accurate representations of things they face.

• I have to disagree. Men go through a lot too. And when a man gets rape he is looked like a weak person while a women would get a lot of sympathy for it. Society accuse men often for thing they aren't or haven't done also they are thought not to show emotions and most suicide victims are men so I disagree. We need for fight for men's right to but also for women. If we want equality we need to listen to both sides not just one. And ofcorse women go thruogh stuff too I was assaulted myself. And that's actual assualt someone grabbing my breast and more from random people not just someone catcalling me on the street.

Men also need to worry about stuff. Sure on avarage they are physically stronger but not always. And men get blamed for so mush and people dont sympathise with their problems like we do with women in the west.

However, if we would be taking about middle east I would agree with you more cause there women need more rights than now but in west I disagree.

• I didn't say men don't suffer from rape or stuff like that. I'm just saying that we're most likely to be targeted in such situations + men tend to have the upper hand on most aspects of life. We have been oppressed for centuries, they haven't.

• I don't know everything that's true. But there are people close to me who have been raped and shot too so I understand. And I agree there should be equality however in the west there is equality.

• Sometimes even more for women.