My boyfriend says he can live without me

Girls don't get confused when your boyfriend says this.

I'm gonna be pet sitting at a house for two weeks and I told him that he has to do his own laundry because I won't be able to do it. He said, "I did it before I was with you. I can still do it now. I can live without you."

Then I was like, "What you don't love me?" Then he was like, "No, I meant, I can live without you meaning I can live without you living at my house. I've done it my whole life."

Actually this isn't really a question, it's more like telling people this means a different way.

I'm sorry. I left this open because I was gonna write a question but then I got a phone call and my sister wrote this. I think she thought it was a message board. When I came back, this was already posted. LOL Then I forgot the question I was gonna ask.
After she posted this. I just had her answer the answers and pick best answer.

35

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• You kind of misinterpreted what he said. It's clear that he said that he can live without your help in doing house chores.

• I know he explained it which is what I wrote: Then he was like, "No, I meant, I can live without you meaning I can live without you living at my house. I've done it my whole life."

• Oh brother. I think you jumped to conclusions and misinterpreted what he meant.

• OMG seriously? Read the whole question! I know I misinterpreted, but he explained it! This is the last part of my question: Then he was like, "No, I meant, I can live without you meaning I can live without you living at my house. I've done it my whole life."

• Sorry - I misread what you wrote. I got the impression that even after he explained you felt it meant he didn't want to be with you.

• He just said, he has the potential to take care of him. Period.

• He might as well have said "I don't need a mommy figure" but that wouldn't mean he doesn't love his mom. Just that he is able to take care of himself, like any grown man should.

• Maybe it wasn't the best choice of words on his part, but I do think you blew it into something it didn't need to be. It was attached to his statement about taking care of himself while you were gone. It's the same thing as saying "I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself".

• Duh! Stop telling me something I already know!

• Well how the hell was I supposed to know this wasn't a legit question, f***wit?

• No she meant this: Then I was like, "What you don't love me?" Then he was like, "No, I meant, I can live without you meaning I can live without you living at my house. I've done it my whole life."

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know how old your question is. But you seen very immature for your age. Why get on a social media site and then be rude to everyone that tries to help you! With that attitude I wouldn't be surprised if he dumped you.

• he didn't mean it that literally. he just means he's grown up