Is it bad to say "I'm okay with dying alone"?

I'm just curious about this. I'm perfectly okay with dying alone. I just wanna see what people think...

I'm actually shocked by the answers. I thought people would say completely different things. Nice to know I'm not alone in this world!

810

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not. You are facing up to reality . We are in a world surrounded by people , and few of them are those we love. The truth of it is has much has we love these people, when the day comes we will be in our casket alone. It's a sad thought , but its what's going to happen. We came into this world alone...why be afraid to die alone? It shows strength.

What Girls Said 7

• No, it's not. It's good in my opinion that you are content even without a relationship. If you will see all the questions on GAG, you'll realize that you're in a better place ;P.

• Yeah, I do see a lot of pretty terrible stuff posted here.

I'm perfectly okay with dying alone and single. I honestly see no advantages in a relationship at all.

• As girls, we're hardwired to want to reproduce, which is slightly difficult to accomplish if we have intentions of dying alone. I do want to experience love, marriage, and children, but I wouldn't be lost if I spent my last days with no one to share my bed with. This would also only be feasible if I didn't spend my last days in one place all the time ( I'd have to travel everywhere and witness all the beauty in the world).

• Depends on the context. I mean, if you have a good social network with friends and family with no significant other and no kids, that's perfectly fine. If I don't meet the right person, I'm okay with dying alone, lol. I don't expect anyone to take care of me when I'm elderly.

• It's fine to be open with your future. And you basically are stating that you're okay with however life takes ya. So yeah, I think it's fine.

• nope. I'm OK with dying alone too. I actually prefer it. After seeing my grandpa, grandma and aunt die it would annoy the crap out of me to have people around.

• Not bad. Weird.

• Why not, most of us were born alone, kinda makes sense to exit the same way.

What Guys Said 10

• Time is a blur.

I was a kid only yesterday. Today I'm an adult. Tomorrow I'll be an elderly. I couldn't tell you where I was going to be today, yesterday, and I can't tell you where I'll be tomorrow, today. Claiming I know otherwise would be fictitious. I would be deceiving myself in which case I may actually dye alone for not having given it any concern.

That's what I'm thinking...

• Not at all. I am planning to stay single forever, so I will die alone. I just don't say that because saying that sounds like a sad, depressing thing. I don't find it sad or depressing. I know I can be perfectly happy single as long as my career goes as I want it to go. Nothing bad about being single, or dying alone. Just don't focus on the part that you are single or whatever, and focus on your career. You will be happier, and more successful that way.

• I would prefer to die dramatically whether I'm alone or not

Like getting hit by a low flying aircraft or a random explosion or being on a gondola when the cable snaps. Or a plane crash

Can you imagine. The gondola one? Holy crap. The rush. THE SPEED.

That would be epic'

• It's not bad, I think, but it deviates from what is considered the norm in today's society. Personally I could care less if I died surrounded by people or alone, as long as I know my life is one that I can call a meaningful one. And even if I was surrounded by people, I could still be alone, which I think is something that is not considered nowadays.

• If I died alone or lots of my close people with me, either way, it's fine for me since I would've lived my life to the fullest.

• It is normal, yet my only concern is to be weak and need someones help as an old man...that thought scares the sh*t out of me...I just wish never to need help as long as am alive.

• "The world is small, nasty and complicated. Everyone dies alone."--Sam Fisher

• depressing subject, when the time comes it happens, no point stewing about it

• im ugly so I've already accepted it too . Girls won't give me a chance to prove I'm more than ugly trash

• It's my reality so I see it as normal.