Girlfriend cries and says she's lucky to have me

we had a rough first year of dating, with a few cheating episodes. but in the last 2 months things have been much better. since then the crying has been about once a week.

What the hecks the crying about is it a good sign?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, she's a girl. They cry about everything. They have more emotions than they know what to do with.

I had a girl do the same thing to me. Would regularly just have random nervous break down and would confess that she was so happy that she was with me and that I treated her well, and that she didn't deserve me, etc.

To you and I, such a thing doesn't really seem like something you would ball your eyes out about, especially since its positive, but that's just girls dude. They just have fireball emotions that can erupt at any given time making you ask yourself "what are you crying about".

What Girls Said 4

• I would think that maybe she's going through a rough time with something, and being with you makes her feel at ease and takes stress away so she may cry because of stress, and at the same time be thankful that she has you there to be of comfort to her.

• Maybe she's thankful for getting through that rough first year, but you shouldn't have cheated on her.

• not me who cheated...should have made that clearer

• good communication goes a long way.. there is no telling what's going on in her head until you TALK to her...

• meh tried.

• meh, tried. I didn't say I didn't want to, just that I tried, she wouldn't talk

• then how do you expect to fix things if you guys can't even talk?

• There might be something else going on with her.

• seems like it doesn't it? like who cries to say they are lucky. I think she's crying about something else but when I ask that's her excuse. I made her stop contacting her ex about a month ago, how could I tell if this is related?

• oh damn :| lol

• If the idea that she is "lucky to have [you]" is linked to the bouts of crying, and if that idea is also linked to the fact that she cheated on you, she might feel that she doesn't deserve your love. In which case, I think the crying could be either good or bad: good if they are tears of joy because she finally found somebody who really loves her (which it seems like you do because you didn't break up with her even though she cheated on you), or bad because she is holding on to her guilt...

What Guys Said 4

• From what I've read, some women will regularly cry from having a guilty conscious, most commonly from cheating or the break up of an affair, which often results in them becoming very affectionate and attentive towards their mate; however, everyone is different, so it's unfair to categorize her.

Perhaps she is the emotional type, and crying is her way of expressing her happiness about putting the rough patches behind you.

• ok, maybe I missed something here ..you mentioned cheating but failed to say who was cheating on who. so making an assumption that maybe it was her.. it's possible it might be a good sign if this is the case... also depends on what sets it off as well. reminder of something that she cheated on you and regretted it or may still regret it a lot...

just guesses here at te moment.

• Or she doesn't mean it and is just telling herself to convince herself that she's happy when she isn't

N

• It's a good sign she is happy you are in her life and hung on to her during the worst of times

• interesting take ill hope for this...

• basically I was trying to say the same thing