Did you ever go through a 'boys/girls are gross' period growing up?

Thinking they had cooties or whatever? Did you ever go through a 'boys/girls are gross' period growing up?
Did you ever go through a 'boys/girls are gross' period growing up?

• Yes I went through a period thinking boys were gross
    Vote A
  • Yes I went through a period thinking girls were gross
    Vote B
  • No i never went through a period thinking boys/girls were gross
    Vote C
  • I still think boys are gross!
    Vote D
  • I still think girls are gross!
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried to make friends with anyone if they gave me attention, I was really timid, most of the times they would laugh at me or say I am silly or ignore me or other things, so maybe they were thinking something (idk) of me, anyway I remember thinking for some time that boys are strange (not gross) like from another world...

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl culture with all the rainbows, unicorns, and baby dolls, was at the least boring, and sometimes out right annoying to me. Also any "girl power" content, was such obvious propaganda, that even as a kid it annoyed me. I never found girls themselves to be repulsive. It was just their interests, that were repulsive.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• I thought it was part of growing up for everyone. Apparently not. I though boys were gross when I was about 6-7 years old. They were idiots who couldn't play nicely like girls did and only did stupid and gross stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • I went through that phase in a way. Most of my friends were (and still are) male but for a long time I hated the concept of dating. Was bitter and vitriolic whenever dating got brought up. I would talk about how it was for stupid people and made you weak but it turns out I was just so mad because I'm lesbian and didn't want to have to date and marry a man. Once I figured out I was gay it all made sense and now I have a girlfriend I really love and that whole mindset is gone now.

0|2
    0|0
  • In fourth grade, my class was playing tag, and this boy shoved me onto the black top and just stared like an idiot. He didn't do anything to help me! He didn't even apologize! He kept on annoying me by pulling my hair, spitting near my shoes, etc until he transferred in middle school. I thought he was gross. :|
    I still have that scar..

0|2
    0|0
  • I never really thought boys were "gross". I didn't really participate in the whole cooties thing. But I definitely had times when I felt like boys were too wild, not "nice", or I couldn't really find common ground with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depended on who. The boys in my class were gross because that's how the other girls felt, and I naturally followed. The guys I hung out with alone were cool :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't I think because my best friend growing up is a boy, he's still my best friend ever, husband too!

0|1
    0|0
  • Well we knew that boys didn't really have the cooties but we pretended they did. We had cootie spray to spray away cooties.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. Most of the kids I knew DEFINITELY had those phases, but I never did. I'd be happy playing with boys and girls alike.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I had an equal amount of boys & girls as friends. We would jokingly say eww you have cooties sometimes haha. We were always teasing each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really remember if I did, only that I had my first crush at age 6.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I still think the behaviour of some guys and girls is definitely gross.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as I can remember I’ve always liked boys. I’m not sure I’ve ever not liked boys!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, always have, still think boys are gross, and always will, lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought everyone except me was gross

1|2
    0|0
  • If i did i don't remember ever thinking it lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Option A. It was between the ages 8 to 13 lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It was always the opposite really
    🤣

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I loved boys since the very beginning.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I always thought boys were cool.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • As I was between 11 and 14.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • not really

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes when I was way younger

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of them still are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not cooties. A huge problem.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 32

• I didn't think girls were gross, but in day care (for some reason..) girls were really interested in me, but I thought I was too cool for them :D

0|1
    0|0
  • I can remember almost nothing from when I was younger so I can't answer the question

0|1
    0|0
  • Never understood how the idea of cooties spreads. I mean, where would a kid get information about cooties?
    We never had anything like that here, as far as I can remember.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always loved them honestly even when so many other boys were like "ewwww why do you hang out with her" lol

Girls are beautiful creatures, what can i say.

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't ever think girls where gross. And kids just say that because they actually like each other. Like girls hit boys they like in a playful manor. And boys are mean with girls they like.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol sometimes I still think it both ways. Then I remember all the good stuff too

0|1
    0|0
  • wasn't so much that i thought they were gross, but rather that i felt reallyyyy uncomfortable around girls at that very young age

0|1
    0|0
  • No but I was scared of people finding out I had crushes

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup, if a girl touched you you had to get a cootie shot to protect yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Naw, I never went through that phase.. I always liked girls.. LOL..

0|1
    0|0
  • No i never went through a period thinking boys/girls were gross

1|1
    0|0
  • When boys were telling me she had cooties, i thought she was a cutie.

0|1
    0|0
  • At the age of 9 I once cried in class because classmates were saying I was Sarah's boyfriend. Traumatic experience! But the teacher took pity on me.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a kid, I never understood the other kids saying that they didn't like certain people when they obviously did

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. When I was a child I only wanted grown women. Because I could tell by their boobs that they must've grown out of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've always liked girls, one of my earliest memories is having a crush on a girl my mom used to babysit.

0|1
    0|0
  • No i never went through a period thinking girls were gross. Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • At that age, my parents kept me away from most girls ( I don't know why. Happenstance? )

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not really. Seems silly to me. People in general are gross. :-D

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't remember. Maybe not, my first kiss was when i was two

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah when I was about 4 or 5 but only because the other kids were doing it

0|1
    0|0
    • Weirdly as I grew older and knew more about women I found them more gross
      Very attractive yet gross creatures lol

• no never. I always loved girls

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
    • I've liked girls from a young age. The only difference is that there wasn't a sexual attraction to girls I liked back then. I just wanted to be around them all the time and be close to them.

• The urge to hug them.

• Yup. Periods are gross

0|1
    0|0
  • What are cooties?

0|1
    0|0
  • I still think girls are gross!

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope never.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always liked girls. Even as a young boy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are boys who think they were gross. Weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes