Why are people more tolerant of female pedophiles?

Whenever I read about cases of female pedophilia I often see comments that say the boy was lucky or he definitely enjoyed it. However, when genders are switched people are enraged. Why does this happen? Whether a teenage boy would fantasize about an older woman or not he still isn't old enough to give consent.

https://youtu.be/dMwtASguRU0

1766

Most Helpful Guys

• TL;DR: people can be stupid and shortsighted.

First, boys and girls are raised differently, with different sets of expectations from sex. Boys are raised to want sex, and lots of it, and perceive it as a mostly low-risk activity. For Girls, sex - while on the one hand pleasurable - is something darker, more dangerous. Risks range from pregnancy to rape and even murder. Most men can easily physically overpower most women and girls, and this is something that girls are HYPER AWARE of. This is part of why women are so discriminating with who they have sex with - a sexual partner must meet the basic requirement of "doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would harm or threaten me". Even Prostitutes make this calculation. While men occasionally worry about being robbed by girls they bring home, women worry about being raped, assaulted or murdered. Men in bars drink to work up "Dutch courage" to flirt with a woman. Girls drink to drown their fears of being raped and murdered by some suave fuckboy. Hence, male rapists are vilified by women and girls (as well as the men who support them), because they're considered a threat to the welfare of all women and girls. This is also why MeToo is such a powerful and effective campaign, and people have zero tolerance of men who sleep with underage girls.

For men (i. e. ex boys), the idea of an older women having sex with an underage male does not recall a fear of violence and coercion. It rather recalls an image of a particularly attractive female educator whose breasts they lusted after during a particularly boring class in secondary school. The idea of sleeping with a secondary school teacher seems as harmless as eating an ice-cream. You've probably been told that the high fat and sugar content of ice-cream is bad for your health, but you never paid much heed to it. The same goes for sleeping with an older woman.

And hence ehebophilia and even paedophilia by women doesn't get the same social condemnation. Most people don't have the time or inclination to research the damage it can inflict on a boy's mental and sexual health. They don't think about the subtle ways an older woman can emotionally manipulate and abuse a teenage boy (and while women occasionally physically abuse the boys that they rape, they more often rely on emotional and psychological manipulation). This harm is far more abstract and therefore difficult to understand and empathise with than the often visible scars of a girl who was raped.

• This is really well thought out. Hope people actually take the time to read this. It's deserving of MHO.

• 2d

@Phanta I'm not your son.
      I'm also not talking about sexual differences, I'm talking about how society treats child sexual abuse.
      Please read before critiquing.

• 1d

I've read it and understand what you're talking about. But you destroy any good from your message with the LIE that some women rape boys. They do not. And you say *nothing* about biological differences (outside of the physical power difference) and only talk about their being raised differently. These things create an extreme distortion of reality.

• It's a serious double standard.
    I applied to many things not just pedophilla.
    If a woman violates a guy , the media couldn't care less
    Swap the genders now it's some serious news.

Shop is selling joke dog bowl as a gift for your male friend.
    No one cares.
    Female joke dog bowl, everyone starts to boycott it.

Woman assaults man, media: sleeps
    Man hits woman in self defense,
    Media: WhY aRe AlL mEn sO ViOlEnT nOwAdAyS?

People are tolerant because the media doesn't show both sides properly.

And the media doesn't show both sides as it is people react more when women are the victims.

Most Helpful Girls

• Female Pedo: Hey kid, you want some candy? ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ –
    Society: *sleeps*

Male Pedo: Hey kid, you want some candy? ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ –
    Society: S KK RHEOWIEJSIAOO3U4E9AKBFKSMSBS THIS IS BAD SOMEBODY CALL THE POPO

• Because people have been conditioned to believe that all guys want is sex, so there is no sympathy for male victims, young or old.