The Three A's to Make Love Last

This is quite a personal take for me it contains three basic rules for keeping your love alive.

Maybe it can help you with reviving the love in your relationship, it worked for mine.

So let's start here.

Attention.

This isn't just about listening to your partner it's also noticing anything about them that's different and realising when they are making a bid for help.

Listening is just one part you need to absorb what they've said.

If they've told you about an up coming business meeting, a doctors appointment or a play date it's important to remember to ask how it went.

It's all about knowing their world .

The Three A's to Make Love Last

Pay attention to how they are looking.

If they've done something different or wearing an outfit that you think looks hot then say it.

The Three A's to Make Love Last

Imagine going to an effort to look great and nothing is said, it kind of makes one not even bother in the future.

Ladies guys aren't the only ones who are able to give partners complements. Seriously if his butt looks great in those jeans tell him.

The Three A's to Make Love Last

OK now it's time to look up from your phone.

What's going on in your house?

Mine can be a very insane and very hectic at times. Getting kids to do they're homework , bathing them and dinner cooked and lunches made just seems like a never ending battle.

Look up, pay attention and take notice of when your partner needs you without them having to ask.

Appreciation.

This is by far the easiest one of all but it's the one that we tend to forget.

It's a very simple thank you even for something that may seem very small.

We teach our children manners but we don't always show them a good example.

The Three A's to Make Love Last

Thanks for the cuppa.

That was a great meal thank you.

Thanks for helping me with the house work.

Some really easy examples.

The less that appreciation that a person feels the less they will be wanting to do for you.

Be warned though that if something isn't done the way that you'd normally do it don't put them down for trying, just be grateful that they made an effort.

Affection.

So I've left the best till last.

This is by far the most mushiest one.

It's the one that ensures a physical connection between partners and if you do the above top two then this will be a whole lot easier to maintain.

The Three A's to Make Love Last

Simply take the time to get cosy on the couch or sit together and hold hands.

Kiss each other when you part ways in the morning and then kiss when you reunite, do this over anything else. I walk in the door at the end of my working day and both the kids and the dog are all over me but my husband gets attention from me first 😘.

People often complain on here in regards to PDA well I've got news for you. They're not doing it to show off or shove it in your face they're doing it because they love each other.

It's a real show of unity.

Amongst the madness of a big family mothers day picnic my husband took the chance to hold on to me, kiss me and told me that he loves me. It just gives you that wonderful warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Try to as often as you can to get into bed at the same time as each other .

Cuddle up before you go to sleep, cuddling is a form of connection and sometimes that cuddling will turn into something else if you know what I mean 😍.

Sex make sure that stays regular and keep it great and never stop trying to impress her/him.

1931

Most Helpful Guys

• You're missing a 4th A actually

if I remember correctly its:

Attention
    Affection
    Appreciation
    and Acceptance

Most Helpful Girls

• These are so right in any scenario with any relationship (besides romantically,,, with friendships and ect)

I read some of the other comments and i'm sorry for what you have to read. It's like people dont think of their partner as a person with values.

• There were some really crude comments on here but I used my prerogative to delete them.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 29

• Well, it's close, but no. These may be what a woman needs but not a man. He needs three basic things, and if you supply them in spades he will swim through shark infested waters to bring you lemonade. If you fail he will seek attention elsewhere:
    1. Food
    2. Sex
    3. Love/attention/respect

So you got number 3 right, but you missed the first two. These are different for women, and the list could easily top a dozen things. But most women are not clued into what men need. For example, about half of them will say 'companionship' or 'friendship'. And while that's true, it's not their primary need.

So if you want to make a man love you, make him a him a nice meal and fuck his brains out. He will look at no other. And if you don't respect him, he is likely to seek out the attention of other women.

• So men don't need attention or appreciation?
      Yes I cook nice meals and yes we have great sex but you still need a connection in between.

• No. Lesson learned. Don't be a crappy wife. Please. For all our sake. :)

• I'm not a crappy wife.
      Goodbye.

• Good advice, and stuff that a lot of people overlook too much.

• Very good advice- these are definitely the three things a person in a relationship needs to do to ensure a relationship lasts. Also keeping things fresh & exciting.

• Make that 3 A's and one S ☺

SEX!!!
    Otherwise it's called friendship :P
    In any case well done. This is pretty much true.

"Cuddle up before you go to sleep, cuddling is a form of connection and sometimes that cuddling will turn into something else if you know what I mean.

Sex make sure that stays regular and keep it great and never stop trying to impress her/him."

Ja, you got it :) Gut! So there we have it. :D

• Yep sex is really important for sure.
      My husband neglected everything else but that so when it came to going to bed I didn't feel like sex.
      You need all of the above in a LTR to keep connection strong.
      We went back to the honeymoon phase and came out of it with a deeper level of love and connection.

• Thats so good to hear. I want crazy love too ☺

• maybe add in Adapt

because without compromise, you'll never last

great take tho

• Good take. Wish I had a girl to do these three A's with.

• These are very helpful. I will keep this in mind when I find another girlfriend. Thank you.

• The 4th one is “ass kissing”. Women love having their ass kissed and they know they can get away with it because society coddles women

• Absolutely right. That three things are really very important to keep your relationship longer.

• These are only things a woman needs so that alone won't make love between a man and a woman last.

• Sorry for being the killjoy, but I don´t agree with everything.

To start its very open, because affection by example, is expressed in many ways.

Second, it doesn't give you a guide of when to accept, when to change, and acceptation is double sword when you dont know how to drive, in my opinion those are beautiful words but inefective to people who have real problems.

But, I think those are good to be read as a poem, or something romantic to send your girlfriend, if she is bored and need some distraction.

• True, good article.

• Good post.

• Good points, indeed

• You are a goodwifie your husband is blessed.

• Interesting

• preach!

• Reminders are always nice. :)

• SO TRUE!

• AGreed with all the points, good post!

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 17