Polygamy is better than hook up culture!

Even though I am not a fan of polygamy but it is better than hook up culture because of two reasons- identity and honesty.

At least, in polygamy nothing is a secret. At least, people know about those four wives whereas they could have had four secret girlfriends.

Having four wives is better than having four secret girlfriends.

Having four wives is better than having four ex girlfriends.

A husband with four wives is still better than a playboy with ten ex girlfriends.

Many men dump ten girls before settling with one wife.

A man with one wife might have ten ex girlfriends.

If a man has four secret girlfriends or four ex girlfriends, nobody criticises him.

At least, in polygamy, those ladies have some identity and rights.

And much better than ten short term relationships.

15
8

Most Helpful Guys

• Lightning8
    I can agree that polygamy and polyamory are better than serial dating, hookup culture, and even some cases of psuedo monogamy. This is given there's no abuse, cheating or extreme neglect. It's a bit refreshing even to see more people make these points.

But you seem to have only given examples of polygyny, not so much polygamy. I would have liked to see your views on women with multiple men, or with a sexual history of different men. Again this is provided without abuse, cheating or extreme neglect. In some countries, even after sexual liberation, women lose their virginities earlier and have more sexual experience and encounters than men.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Shezadi

Thank you.

• Lightning8

You're welcome, and thanks for posting this Take, and for MHO

• Massageman
    I agree with your last picture, but it seems so incongruent with your thesis for this take. Neither is the way relationships should be.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• Polyamory is better than polygamy bc then everyone has power to decide who they want to love.

i can see your points about being above board, but my marrying doesn’t mean lying.. also people date to learn who they should marry.
    ending up married with an abusive partner is worse then dating.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I really value our pact to be civil towards each other even we may disagree.

I now can see better why you chose to raise polygamy in contrast to hook up culture. And my response is not really in line with that point bc I was thinking you were coming at it from slither Angle. I did not assume too Much but still more then I am comfortable with.. I think I may have responded more in depth if I had not made sone assumptions. For that I apologize.

I want you to know that for all the disagreement, there has rarely -if ever been- anything you post, where I did not STRONGLY agree substantially with many facets you presented in terms of reason or sentiment..

I may not always agree in totality philosophically, but you will always have my support for your good character, strong will, incredible patience, high quality moral fiber..

I think you are courageous to constantly put yourself out there the way you do.. I believe it is completely genuine and you do not set out to harm others only share your view and generate discussion and thinking.

It is inspiring whether a person agrees with the details or not. You are an honorable person.

I think if many people were not so busy reacting emotionally and confirming their prejudice but rather took time to think things through more deeply, they too would see more of your light
      💚💚💚

• Shezadi

I want to cry right now...

• Don’t cry 😢 🤗

• Reach500
    I think polygamy is terrible too because it makes love sound cheaper. Why devote your life to someone who openly considers you just an option? I'm not a fan of serial dating either, though.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

613
  • IAMRIA

I’m now married to one man, and he wants one wife, and he realises that polygamy is open adultery. I am blessed that I found a man who is emotionally mature and raised well by parents who are strongly against adultery.
    So hypothetically I would prefer to have a boyfriend and for him to have sex with me and us to break up, than to marry him and him to date 3-4 more women, because at this point maybe we would have kids and I won’t be able to divorce him, and I’ll have to live with the knowledge that he’s going to commit adultery with many women through our life repeatedly.
    Polygamy is unlawful in the developed world. And there is a reason for that. The man should love, and nourish, and cherish his wife. There’s nothing more disgusting that having a husband spending one night in your bed, and next night he is having sex with another woman, and the third night with a third woman. That’s disrespectful to every normal woman. So polygamy has biggest connection to rotten heart, and being unable to love a woman.
    • Shezadi

Every situation is different. There are situations where the first wife can't have children. And polygamy is made possible because of women, women are equally responsible for polygamy, and I am talking about the second wives.

• IAMRIA

Bullshit. Polygamy exists because those men are perverted dogs.

• Shezadi

And the second wives are equally responsible of polygamy. Since, you used strong language for husbands, I want to tell you that women are also called "home breakers."

• Lurdie
    I think you're confused about hookup culture babe. It means you hookup with people not that you engage with different people while having a girlfriend. What you're referring to is the side piece Culture. Where you have a public partner and many "side" partners in the dark. I dont really have an issue with hookup culture or polygamy as long as it's between consenting adults im chill
  • BlacklightShade
    If you are going to have a massive orgy the Bible says you need to marry them first.
    • Shezadi

So do you agree with the article?

• Grond21
    How is having four wives better than having four ex girlfriends? In what universe is that true?
    • Shezadi

you know

• Grond21

You mean for a lot of sex?

• Shezadi

It is better because long term relationships are better, especially marriage, where a woman is given identity, respect and rights. Having four wives is more honourable than four night stands.

• Dubious
    As someone who knows many people in polyamorous relationships and has spent a lot of time in relationship/gender studies, I'd be interested in more of a back and forth with you on your views. You seem focused on a very specific type of relationship. Are you speaking only about relationships where a man has multiple wives and the main reasons are sexual? Or are you just familiar with this type of polyamory and not aware of the different types? Personally I love discussing different viewpoints on this sort of thing in a non-argumentative way. I hope we can talk more in depth :)
    • This was a good response.. I think I would have came from that direction but for the fact I’m pretty sure she intentional raised polygamy. I don’t think she would see anything other kind of plural relationship as acceptable.

But I could have asked.

I do think it was an interesting post that could generate a lot of discussion if there were not such intensely negative feelings towards even thinking of anything other than 1+1

Doesn’t mean you have to try it lol but it’s an intersting topic for discussion.

I have never been in a poly anything.. I am not looking for one but I can’t say for sure I’d 💯 cross it off my list if the situation arose that I was amenable towards. regardless.. I find it intriguing when people make it work. Or even try.

• Dubious

Generally if someone has strong feelings on a subject it can feel like an attack when you discuss the alternative. I figured I'd give the benefit of the doubt, though.

Even being comfortable with the idea and pretty exposed to it, I still get intrigued and fascinated by the variety of types of relationships out there. After being raised with a certain template of a relationship in mind, it catches you off guard when that template gets thrown out the window and you see things go on ok, lol. Even seeing relationship types that I'd have no interest in has been enlightening for me. It makes you rethink a lot of preconceived notions about what "healthy" is.

• Shezadi

Even though, I always believed that polygamy is better than hook up culture but that still doesn't mean I support polygamy.

• Metallsturm
    I start to have concerns for your mental well-being, as your mytakes grow get more and more... lunatic. Considering your previous mytakes and questions and your background, I get a notion you're trying to convince yourself first and foremost with the nonsense you're speaking lately, as obviously there's a strong conflict between civilized humanity & islam fighting in your head. And apparently the latter is slowly, but surely taking over.

In any case, you mentioned having a boyfriend; convince him of getting a few more girlfriends, you'll love the experience :D
    • Alternatively, get a few more boyfriends; after all a single woman can pleasure numerous men at once.

• Shezadi

Only rich men can have four wives. Many men struggle financially to even one wife and to even raise one child. Whereas, rich men have the money to provide their four wives and children and they even provide separate houses for all their wives whereas an ordinary man might spend his entire life just to buy one house for his one wife, so polygamy has a big connection to money also.

• You miss the point: I'm highlighting much broader and important aspects of polygamous relations, such as love & feelings. Go ahead and go get your boyfriend yet another girl, we'll see how jealous you'll get once he starts struggling to share his attention to both of you equally, or when you'll start hearing her moan in another room while he's fucking her.
      Additionally, for obvious reason that we both can guess ( ;) ), you're only talking about men having numerous wives (up to 4 for a well-known to both of us reason), not women having numerous husbands. Apparently such thought hasn't visited you at all and I can kinda guess you'd find it repulsive... or haram, eh?
      Plus, in your response you speak only about financial matters, apparently not even thinking that all those people can work -- apparently you expect only man to work, while women stay at home like furniture, which begs to question as to why did your waste time to attend university then?

I can guess where these thoughts & "judgements" in your head stem from though, as you're not the first munafiq female having such conflicting clusterfuck in her head:

You see, muslim/pseudo-muslim men living in civilized, non-islamic society live pretty much the same life kafir males live.

While muslim and pseudo-muslim women living in civilized non-islamic socieities are expected to be like a home furniture / maid / fuckhole / baby factory with no personality, no ambitions, no goals, no voice and no desires, and her place is at her husband's feet. And normally that's how existence (can't call that "life") would pass in some shithole like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman and any other islamic country, but there's a small problem with the place (UK) you currently live; kafir females.

• Phillythefrick
    Highly disagree. This is just me but are suggesting that all five of you are going to have interlocking visions of your individual futures? Because uh, I doubt it.
    At least with hook up culture you're just out for the experience, to have fun and learn a little about yourself before finding the right person to settle down for your personal happily ever after.
    I don't know who cheated on you but that wasn't hook up culture, that was your shitty taste in men, lol. I've never hooked up with someone in secret, lmfao, which is your only argument. I guess if you can settle for being 1/4 special to someone that's your entirety then fine but I have higher standards.
    • Shezadi

No one cheated on me.

• Shezadi

"if you can settle for being 1/4 special to someone that's your entirety then fine but I have higher standards." First, you claim to respect my freedom of choice and then you just make a sarcastic comment to shame me.

• i was under the impression that the chador could be stripped off at any mans request and he can have sex with them if he wishes
  • zagor
    You seem to be operating on the old assumption that women don't enjoy sex, and don't WANT to play around. Not all of them are looking to settle down right away, if ever.
  • BringCow
    Right, there's a few problems to address here. First of all, I don't know how someone is expected to find the perfect match on their first try. I guess some people get lucky, but most people are going to need to date a couple of people before they find the person they're willing to marry. I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to say. Second of all, there's the obvious fact that believe me just doesn't work with the gender ratio. 4 girls for one guy doesn't work for an entire population. Also, assuming you have kids, the attention of the father is spread that much more thinly. Obviously monogamy doesn't entirely solve that problem, but it gets closer I think. Lastly, casual sex Is Awesome. If you don't think so, hit me up, and I'll definitely change your mind.
  • Alpha09
    Sounds like he gets multiple options, and they have to share one dick. No thanks.
    • bigguy124

What if table is turned and he get one slit and you get multiple dicks

• Alpha09

Honestly I'd rather everyone just be with who they want. Harems don't really appeal to me.

• bigguy124

It is a great fantasy for me to be with a woman who has your views

• Gedaria
    No. This is nothing new just a way of subjagating women. I find this do distasteful...
  • bamesjond0069
    Polygamy IS hookup culture. Men as a whole want virgin wives. In the absence of virgin wives, is hookup culture because the women are having sex and the men are refusing marriage. But when you have situations where women seek marriage still you get polygamy. How can you get a man to marry a non virgin? By dangling the carrot of multiple wives. Now you get polygamy. But over time this causes difficulties such that women seeking to get the best husbands start reigning in sex and society has virgins again and thus polygamy doesn't make sense any more. And the cycle repeats. So societies start in different cycles but this is what i believe happens to them.
  • laura5453
    I haven't planned to married yet this is why I go to sex parties.
    • bigguy124

I need to get into those

• Shezadi

@bigguy124 Hook up culture is disgusting.

• Shezadi

@bigguy124 Those who go to sex parties have no self respect.

• October808
    I was wondering if you were a Mormon.
    • zagor

Yeah, those people in the first pic look Mormon, don't they...

• IAMRIA

Shezadi sounds to me like an Arab name

• Shezadi

@IAMRIA Hehehehe Shezadi is an Urdu word which means princess.

• GreenGold1992
    fuck that stupid shit
  • I disagree
  • Maria1996
    If their old enough sure why not?
  • DavidEtn
    Don't know