Do you feel guilty when you don’t return the same dosage of affection that you get?

Simple example from this morning:

As I was leaving home, worried about being late and wearing my Resting Bitch Face, which is especially bitchy in the mornings as I am late to work, I opened the door and saw this little Chinese housekeeper lady cleaning the hallway, She said “Hello, little beauty.”

I was in rush and analyzed her words later, I just hurriedly said “Hello” and smiled a bit, but I feel bad I didn’t smile more genuinely or didn’t return her warmth the same level she did.

Then I came work and in the square there were dancing grandmas, one of them was smiling at me, I smiled at her genuinely and waved at her and she felt happy according to her expression.

I just still feel bad that lady in the morning saw me with my resting bitch face and I could smile better maybe?

Now I am looking forward to seeing her again so I’ll be more polite.

Post Opinion