What I get out of the blessing of Abraham in Genesis and the story of David

jennifer_bloom

In the bible Jesus says to Abraham, that those who bless Abraham would receive blessing and those who curse Abraham would receive cursing

And David was short and unattractive

I believe your success in life is governed by your ability to respect spiritual status and not by your ability to respect physical status

I've destroyed the lives of people who only respected the rich by asking God to punish them when they disrespected me

And I had a friend with brain cancer who became super successful later on and she respected character more than beauty and power

If your religious you understand your rewarded based on how much you respect spiritual status and not based on how much you respect physical status

3
1
1Girl Opinion
3Guy Opinion

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

13
  • woman_2004
    Absolutely, I agree that your faith in God is what makes you whole. However, God doesn’t wants us to curse our brothers and sisters. Jesus says in the Bible, “Bless those who curse you.” and “love your enemies” God’s wrath on them will come… so we should move on and focus on obeying His word.
    Like 1 Person
  • CaptainSmartass
    What about Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel? They were also in Genesis.

Simples...
  • Xtendable
    I don’t see the relevance to David in your question
    • David started out as short and unimportant and became king of Israel, outwitting Goliath and Saul along the way and that shows intelligence and beauty and social status can’t compete with God and morality

• Xtendable

I think their heart and willingness to obey God helped a great deal, having faith in Him. God would have, and has used a multitude of people regardless of station, appearance, etc. he even used Saul, for a period of time, before David came on the scene. God even had a purpose for Samson, regardless of his physical appearance and social status

• Talkingtotheone
    belief not works