The Sad Reality Of Some Famous Tourist Attractions

Anonymous

Our world is amazing, and has some truly wonderful sights to offer. They're so beautiful that everybody just HAS TO see. Here are some rather disappointing photos showing the reality of some tourist attractions around the world.

1. The Great Wall of China

This is probably the most famous and iconic of the Chinese attractions. Looks beautiful, doesn't it? How would you like to share it with hundreds of other people?

2. Giza Pyramids

It's really impressive how the ancient Egyptians managed to build these massive structures thousands of years ago. Well, the modern inhabitants of Cairo also gotta live somewhere, and right next to one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world seems like the perfect spot.

Bonus -

3. St. Basil's Cathedral

Anybody who doesn't think this cathedral isn't beautiful is simply wrong. It looks like a piece of cake, right? People gotta get there somehow though, and what better way is there than the good ol' commie trolleybus.

4. Eiffel Tower

You just have to take your girlfriend to Paris, it's just a thing. If you wanna see the city from the top of the tower, get ready for hours of waiting and a huge-ass crowd.

5. Leaning Tower of Pisa

If you ever visit Pisa, you can expect a Thriller flashmob. (If you don't get it, /watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA on youtube, 9:08-9:13)

P.S: Take this Take with a bit of humor; I wasn't hating on any of these. :). And yes, I did choose very specific pictures to support my point. :D

7
4

Most Helpful Guy

• jacquesvol
    Venice is even worse now . I visited it first time in the early sixties, when it was a dream city. Last time it was filled with tens of thousands of -often drunk- tourists. By luck we had rented a rooftop studio in the center but out of the beaten path, where it was still calm.
    I don't think I'll go back to Venice. I prefer to keep the nice images of it in my memory.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• MissSakura
    the last one got me lol
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

36
  • gobsmacked3
    The stand out for I is how the jewels of the ex Eastern bloc have been sullied by Western influence. My ex wife and I backpacked Europe on our honeymoon in 1990/91 and places like Hungary/Czechoslovakia/Croatia/Poland etc etc etc were pristine and untouched. Prague is one of the prettiest cities i have seen after seeing in New Years there in 1990.

sadly, went back there a few years back and it has a McDonalds on every corner and its charm has been prostituted by the West
  • SnowHearth
    Been there, when the places were either empty or almost empty, like around 30 minutes before people began to arrive. It's really funny to see tourists do weird poses for they photos
  • lazermazer
    LMAo, good take. i see your point but these structures occupy very large space, people got to live somewhere right?
  • Hogwartsstudent
    The Pyramids thing is truly bad for our tourism but the country simply doesn't provide any replacement for those people who live there
  • zagor
    I went up on the Great Wall where there was just a handful of people.
  • capturemyheartnow
    The Taj Mahal in India.
  • Adigelunar
    greatt
  • adamski24
    it's very true
  • Anonymous
    I went to the great wall and it wasn't many people also the eiffel tower was the same, not many people.