NO I will not debate you...

Sorry no
Sorry no

I Will not engage you, I will not entertain your poking, prodding, insulting...

https://longreads.com/2018/09/18/no-i-will-not-debate-you/

"Every day, people on the internet ask why I won’t “debate” some self-actualizing gig-economy fascist or other, as if formal, public debate were the only way to steer public conversation. If you won’t debate, the argument goes, you’re an enemy of free speech."

Hmm.

I hide in my parents basement where I feel safe..

Because I won't entertain your mindless drivel depending where you get your information from, or whomever influences you, drives you, motivates you to, in other words, regurgitate false talking points or misleading or wrong information and you will repeat, with vigor and vim... And you will shout...

No description needed
No description needed

FAKE NEWS... because you do not agree with what is being told to you and no one will agree with you on your point of view..

But I can't be wrong....

We are the TRUSTED NEWS SOURCE!
We are the TRUSTED NEWS SOURCE!

Moderate liberalism cherishes the idea of “civility” because it allows it to believe in its own goodness and relevance. To refuse to debate someone is an act of discourtesy. It is rude. It implies that you do not consider that person’s ideas or behavior worthy of basic respect.

Key word.. CIVILITY.......

which some lack....

They cry "freedom of speech" when their argument is blow to shreds"

The Author of the article states...

"But there is a choice, and this, to my mind, is the sensible one: To refuse to dignify these people with prestigious public platforms, or to share them. To refuse to offer them airtime or engage them in public debate."

Basically. Do not entertain keyboard warriors, trolls, minions, or whomever else wants them to feel better about themselves.. Let them entertain each other. Avoid the headaches..

57
legalboxers is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• I highly agree with this MyTake 100% . I refuse myself to debate
    or petty argue the point on any website. I been on Blurtit and forget
    it this site has been known to have people who want debate and
    or argue the point. Myself i refuse to argue the point and i just will
    totally ignore any haters, trolls that want debate over stupid stuff
    so i just move on and i do not bother them type of people.
    Thank you for sharing this with us , i highly appreciate your MyTake:)

• Great post.

I avoid some topics because they are just a waste of time debating. Politics and religion being at the top of the list. You can post your point of view but don't bother trying to change someone's mind about something because it is not going to happen.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

• I always thought debating on internet is futile.

I avoid engaging in debates on here. I have had debates with people I don't know for hardly 2-3 times.

• Yea i dont like arguing. If they keep trying, i’ll block them after a warning or two

• Okay 😁

What Guys Said 5

• I will debate, but not in a hostile manner. I can usually shut someone down simply by being interested in their point of view and asking questions in an attempt to get them to explain how their version of the situation works and how it could be leveraged to work in my favor.

• By Jove, I think he's got it - I just come here every day try and impart a bit of wisdom, raise a smile, put an arm around a shoulder just be nice, the odd biting comment (we are human) , walk away content BUT NOT engage in a snarling, spitting, smackdown argument to walk away muttering "You F****** ******* *******" and be grumpy with a headache the rest of the day

• I strongly disagree with whats being said here. You are forgetting the importance of the desire to know what is true, and you are living under the assumption that there is no way to discern whether news is fake or not. A source is only qualitative if it makes reference to studies with objective truth. If people choose to argue with interpretive truth, you can remind them that that is only true for that what they are interpreting.

Personally, I love debating because I get insight in new sources of information I have not seen before. Arguments are only productive if references can be made. All you need to do is assess the validity of the reference. There is so much more to gain from arguing, than there is risk involved; especially over the internet.
    You just need to find the right people my friend :)

• Prepare for some butthurt trolls lol They're too delicate not to tearfully lash out at you.